BGS Grading Service Tutorial

KidKuubrick

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tristan
eBay User
KidKuubrick
Hey guys!
I know no one asked for this or will probably even use this but I thought it would be an interesting topic or learning tool for some people.

Before you jump in, I know grading NRL card is basically pointless. The only reason I am doing this is an experiment since I have hundreds of NFL & Dragon Ball Super graded cards, so I thought i'd see how NRL goes.

The card I will be trying this with a this years Cam Smith patch auto since it's both very valuable so I want it to have ultimate protection and I have a few of them.

20201020_172710.jpg

PSA will not grade NRL cards, they're very uptight about what they put their name on, whereas Beckett will grade anything with a checklist so that is good for us here.

First off you must choose your BGS middle-man, you can send directly yourself but I find it is more stree free and cost effective to just use a middle-man since they send bulk. My company of choice is Cherry, purely because of the reputation and ease of their website and BGS grading updates. Cherry offer a fast and slow grading option which are different prices, I have gone with fast for this one, just because i'm impatient.:p:p

CHerry.JPG

After paying for your service you must download the submission for that's highlighted in blue. This is where you have to write the details of your card. Newer cards are quite easy to find all the info you need but you might have to do some research for older cards.

sub.JPG

Most people print the form out and hand write the details but i'm a horrible writer so I type and print instead. The card number is what you willl usually find on the back of the card, in this case it is RFS 1/6, a checklist might help with this.

20201020_172715.jpg

If you can find a PDF of the set checklist online I usually print it and include it in the package to Cherry just to make sure they have all needed info, this might be especially important with NRL cards so the US based grader doesn't have to try and source the checklist for themselves.

checklist.JPG

Once you are done with all the paperwork package your cards very securely and post to Cherry, their adress is on the grading page of their website. I usually get it with tracking and express just to be extra secure with cards special enough that you want to grade them.

20201020_174442.jpg

Currently with the pandemic in the US grading time has slowed down to basically the slowest it can go. Slow grading will take anywhere from 5-7 months to get back to you and fast 5-8 weeks. They say it will take about 6 months from now to get through the backlog and get back to normal estimated times.

Once your pacakge arrives at Cherry they will send you a email to say they have recieved your package. From there its a waiting game.

Again, I know this is only for the smallest % of people but I just thought it was an interesting topic since you barely see it in the NRL circles. Grading an NRL card will barely add value if any at all, it is purely for encasing and protection purposes in my eyes.

I will update this thread with the grading results, thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom