Beware of Ramnol on here

drobfan8

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ben
Hi all, I can't believe it's actually gotten to this but I had my concerns early on anyway.

I had a deal with Ramnol on here for 4 Flawless base cards from 12/13 (Steph, AI, Dirk and Pierce)

The dude had no new feedback (not since 2014) so I asked where else he uses. He said Blowout under the same username. I couldn't find him. He said he'd log in and check. He said he couldn't log in or tell me his username. He'd forgotten. Ok then, how about ebay? He fumbled around with excuses and I shrugged it all off feeling comfortable with Paypals buyer protection.

I paid but used the wrong letter first up and so the money bounced back 3 days later and I paid again. He was fine to wait.
I then waited a week for him to send.

I was panicking as there were just too many red flags and I hadn't spent that much money on cards for a while and placed a claim hoping he'd provide some tracking I could follow.

He did provide tracking but it never once said anything other than "this number is invalid or incorrect"
By now Ramnol is calling me an asshole for putting in a claim so early (to be fair I've never done it before and had no idea it froze their money. I just figured I was gonna need to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later.

And here we are, magically the cards have apparently returned to Ramnol. I said ok, post them out as that is our deal.

He refused.

I then asked for proof, he should be able to take a picture of the package showing the date sent!

He said no.

Currently I'm out the money and he apparently has the cards. Very strange.

Such a shame as it would have been amazing to add them to the PC.

we had a deal. ive waited for the payment for almost a week because of some reasons of his. then i havent logged on here for 3days because i got sick. that time i didnt know that he already sent the payment. then after i logged back in here and read his PM, ive sent the cards after a day or so because im getting a hard time finding an open PO. because some of our PO are closed becasue of the lockdown here on our place. then after ive sent the cards, this man filed a claim, i guess assuming that im trying to scam him because i diddnt reply on his PM for 3days. then after 3weeks or so the cards returned to me. his payment is still on hold (paypal) and he will get it back. we gotten back and forth on our messages here and i dont want to deal with this guy anymore. what an Ahole

Some registered international postage does not provide tracking you have to pay extra, may be an issue there. Details would have started when they arrive in Aus. Would at least say an initial receipt date / sent date though I would have thought

Can you post a pic of the returned cards envelope? Why would they come back? Closed post office?

This is what I also asked for.

Screenshot_20200511-022346_Chrome.jpg

He literally has not provided me proof of anything. 1 dodgy number.

I even asked for a pic of the cards before he posted but he didn't bother.

Cards were paid for one April 1st *have evidence) but using the wrong first letter so Paypal send the money back (took 3 days) then Paypal transferred to my bank account for some reason (another 3 days)

Paid on April 7th correctly this time.

Apparently posted on the 14th

April 28th he starts abusing me because he has seen the claim (which I'm obviously glad I did now)

May 1st claim is escalated to Paypal as tracking still does not work.

Currently I am waiting for 11 more days for my refund (or the decision on it)

At the end of the day, I'm most confused how the cards turn around and end back with him. Very strange. Especially when I aksed the seller to speak to the PO and see about an update.

And of course the seller reacts to a negative issuing me with a retaliation neg. Smh.

Just a note to other sellers on here

It’s good practice to just take a quick photo of the cards sitting next to the addressed bubble mailer or just the addressed mailer ready to go out or while at the post office. Also of the receipt with the tracking number on it. Not hard, doesn’t take long.

And remember actually bubble mailer of course, within the cards inside penny sleeve, top loader, team bag, maybe some cardboard backing or a decoy if you have spare for extra stiffness in the mail system.

@graham you can probably go ahead and drop the ban hammer on this slime ball.

I had multiple other members on this site and BO say thay he has done shady things.

He still has refused to provide one shred of evidence that he sent the card.

I received my refund today. Only 7 weeks without a large sum of money.

What a time waster

Back
Top Bottom