Best way to post cards?

Outkast1972

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Conway
eBay User
outkast1972
Hi all

I was just wondering is there a thread on this topic? (Best way to post cards?) I thought being a forum based on trading cards there would be an easy to find section on this but I can't find anything! I did a search on 'posting' but it brought up hundreds of unrelated threads.

Anyhoo, just after some general info on the best way to post cards without damaging them and without costing a lot of money using plastic card cases everything.

The last couple of cards I sold I lost money on the postage as I under priced myself! I assumed I'd just using a small envelope for a single card but I didn't trust it would arrive without being bent so I used a plastic case which then was classed as a small parcel.

TIA,

Outty

penny sleeve > top loader. tape the top of the top loader to avoid the card slipping out. send in a bubble wrap mailer ($1 from post office). total should be no more than $2.20 for a single card. $2.20 should cover at least 4 cards tho before the weight takes it to the next price bracket...

Thanks for that, that's the sort of info I was after!

Pardon my ignorance but a penny sleeve = those small flimsy sleeves for cards you buy for a few cents? Top Loader, not sure on this one, is that another name for a small rigid plastic card case? Also I am not sure on what a Bubble Wrap Mailer is? One of those white envelopes made out of bubble wrap and usually white?

Thanks again for the help....

If you intend to do a lot of trading, buy the bubble mailers by the box from the post office and they are a lot cheaper. My postage costs are about $1.90 for cards sent in a trade.

Sweet, heaps of good tips there. Where is the best place to get Top Loaders? I don't think have many card shops around nowadays!?

go to nundah fast break sports. they got all the ultra pro stuff youll need...wouldnt buy cards there, but i get my supplies from there. no waiting on postage. no postage costs.

Can you send the cards in a CD mailer? , they look stronger than the bubble wrap mailer and won't bend as easy.

Cheers
Andy

They also have no protection from rain etc. Mail mailers don;t go through the sorting machines, they protect well from the weather and really protect more then a CD mailer being they are cushioned too.

Bubble wrap mailers, not sure what to send in, just looked on the Office Works web site they say bubble wrap mailer and in discription it says sealed air is this what we post our cards in?

Bubble wrap mailers, not sure what to send in, just looked on the Office Works web site they say bubble wrap mailer and in discription it says sealed air is this what we post our cards in?

Andy, if you are sending cards for an OCT trade it MUST be in a bubble mailer full stop. Easiest way is to get a few from your local PO, I put the card in a penny sleeve, toploader then that goes in a team bag with a cut to size piece of matt board.........close the team bag and tape it shut. I don't tape the top loader cause if you reuse its a pain in the a$$ having tape residue all over the place.

If its an expensive card + redemption, they go in a top loader / bag as described above and I also have pieces of matt board cut to the size off the mailer to tape those items too that way there is zero chance of it bending.

For supplies, I would encourage all members to support the business who deal on OCT like redtorana, goldcoastcards and others.

Thanks so much for your help, this is my first trade, I just went to Office Works and bought a pack of 25 Bubble mailers with bubble wrap lined inside, size 151 x 229 for $13.41 that's 54 cents each, this is the smallest size I could find and it would cost me $1.20 to post.

If you know of a cheaper way of posting one or two cards please let me know.

I have bought off goldcoastcards and there packing has allways been excellent.

Regards
Andy

Can't stress enough about protection from water damage. Bubble wrap envelopes are one thing but it pays to wrap your top loader as well. I've had cards arrive in the mail with the package soaked but the cards saved by extra protection (big thank you to goldcoastcards there). Just package them as if you were sending them to yourself.

Thanks so much for your help, this is my first trade, I just went to Office Works and bought a pack of 25 Bubble mailers with bubble wrap lined inside, size 151 x 229 for $13.41 that's 54 cents each, this is the smallest size I could find and it would cost me $1.20 to post.

If you know of a cheaper way of posting one or two cards please let me know.

I have bought off goldcoastcards and there packing has allways been excellent.

Regards
Andy

Andy, if you are going to do a lot of trades then you can get a box of 100 bubble mailers from your PO and they work out at 40c each. 2 x 60c stamps and as I said get your supplies from one of the sellers on the forum. The matt board I mentioned I get scraps for free from my local framing place, cut pieces out the same size as a top loader and they fit in a team bag with the top loader as I described above. Having all that sealed in a team bag protects and keeps dry.

Thanks for the tips Dave, I think I'm starting to get card collecting fever again, I down loaded the Australia Post app on my iPhone which calculates postage costs on any type of mail I want to sent.

Cheers
Andy

Back
Top Bottom