9. Amare Stoudemire
10. Jason Kidd

Young and coming (max. 5 years pro):
1. Kevin Durant
2. Derrick Rose
3. Blake Griffin
4. Deron Willaims
5. Monta Ellis

Anyone to list without lebron as a present best player is completely false and the list is based more on hate for him rather than his skills on the court.

You immature guys need to get over the fact that he is currently the best player in the game today and for years to come, he left Cleveland so what? You guys forgot Kobe wanted out of LA?

Haha people already put blake as a top best? I dont see him keeping up, Kaman out is the reason he is getting playing time.

An opinion rarely can be completely false. You should read the first post, where opinions were requested.
You could also question yourself, whether the immaturity you call out on others, rather belongs to yourself. Thats the case more often then not, when someone disrespects the opinion of others. Because such behavior in itself is immature.

Yeah, but you cant argue how good LeBron is no matter how much you dislike him. He is simply brilliant... one of the best of all time. By the way, the comment about Blake not being that great and getting playing time only because Kaman is out? HAHAHAHAH. One of the most dominant rookies in history. Leads the league in dunks. Leads rookies in double doubles, and is 3rd over all. 21.7ppg and 12.5rpg - no rookie has done that since Shaq. But I suppose the only reason Shaq got any playing time was because Otis Smith didnt want to play or something.

I don't like Lebron James and I think the only cowardly thing he did was drag the whole thing out instead of going to the Cavs and letting them know he wanted to leave like any normal person would... only thing he is guilty of is having Michael jordan's ego and I LOATHE MJ even more, because MJ is a flat out jerk (anyone see his hall of fame acceptance speech?). Back to Lebron... aside from the fact he travels all the time and gets away with it, he is still an amazing performer. I doubt he cost Michael Beasley his job for looking like Delonte... They needed cap space, plus with Lebron James and Chris Bosh there as if there would be that many minutes for Beasley anyway... best thing that happened to Beasley was getting away from the Heat... so by your logic, Lebron actually did him a favour if any of what ya said there was true.

Oh and Yiorgos you should know that the majority of MJ fans don't rate Lebron, because Lebron is a great player and they are jealous of all the comparisons. A lot of LBJ fans don't like MJ much either... I just dislike both... but can acknowledge talent. ;)

Agree with wolvesjr34....LBJ is over rated....way over rated.... being an excellent player is not one who puts up the best stats each night ... there are so many players that do that night after night. A excellent player is one who brings out the best of the team and of course many championships season after season. Individuals awards and stats records are only secondary requirements to being an excellent player. LBJ has a big potential of becoming the best player that never won a championship..... well if you look through the NBA archives... that are many players in that category.... Karl Malone, C Drexler, etc

Here's my top 10 current players that I have actually seen play and still love to watch as well as my top 10 players of the past I loved to watch growing up, I'm not going to pick players before my time as I obviously haven't seen them play or I'd just go to the NBA website and pick out the top 50 NBA players.

PAST PLAYERS

1- Michael Jordan (Sorry Pat)
2- Patrick Ewing (obvious choice)
3- Hakeem Olajuwon
4- David Robinson
5- Magic Johnson
6- Charles Barkley
7- Scottie Pippen
8- Dominique Wilkins
9- Reggie Miller
10- Tim Hardaway

CURRENT PLAYERS

1- Kobe Bryant
2- Dwight Howard
3- A'mare Stoudamire
4- LeBron James
5- Paul Pierce
6- Steve Nash
7- Jason Kidd
8- Chris Paul
9- Dwayne Wade
10- 90's Shaquille O'neal

UP & COMING

1- Blake Griffin
2- Tyreke Evans
3- Brandon Jennings

Agree with wolvesjr34....LBJ is over rated....way over rated.... being an excellent player is not one who puts up the best stats each night ... there are so many players that do that night after night. A excellent player is one who brings out the best of the team and of course many championships season after season. Individuals awards and stats records are only secondary requirements to being an excellent player. LBJ has a big potential of becoming the best player that never won a championship..... well if you look through the NBA archives... that are many players in that category.... Karl Malone, C Drexler, etc

Just because he is a dick doesnt make him a bad player. Look at Barkley. By the way, Drexler did win a ring with the Rockets.

Best advice I can give you id to check out the NBA's 50 greatest players of all time for guys who have already retired.

The best current day players (most popular - because the fans vote for the starters. Coaches pick the bench players) will be chosen to play in recent all-star games.

Up and coming players (1st or second year) should be playing in the rookie all-star challenge (rookies v sophs). Really popular or talented rookies might make it into the actual all-star game. High draft picks also (normally 1 to 5) have a lot of hype surrounding them coming out of college.

Hope that heps mate, I haven't listed names because to do so would just be my own biased opinion... ;-) Hopefully, checking out those references above will give you a more impartial guide.

.......but for the record the guys in my sig are the best!

Past:
Jordan
Bird
Robertson
Abdul-Jabbar
Russell
Chamberlain
Magic
West
O'Neal
Stockton

Present:
LeBron
Kobe
Duncan
Wade
Howard
CP3
Durant
Kidd
Stoudemire
Nash

Future:
Blake
Love
Wall

I'd probably also add Shawn Kemp to past players. :)

if we were doing our favourite 10 past players he'd be on top of mine.. but unfortunatley i wouldnt put him in the top 10 ever past players.. as for reggie he wouldn't even make the past top 40 players imo.. he was a great player but pretty over-rated for my liking

if we were doing our favourite 10 past players he'd be on top of mine.. but unfortunatley i wouldnt put him in the top 10 ever past players.. as for reggie he wouldn't even make the past top 40 players imo.. he was a great player but pretty over-rated for my liking

Precisely. Best and Favourite are totally different.

Oh I didn't know it was top 10. :p I'd put Reggie up with best players (not Wilt, Jordan etc) he does have the record for 3pt field goals made! (Soon to be broken by Allen!)

Anyone to list without lebron as a present best player is completely false and the list is based more on hate for him rather than his skills on the court.

You immature guys need to get over the fact that he is currently the best player in the game today and for years to come, he left Cleveland so what? You guys forgot Kobe wanted out of LA?

Haha people already put blake as a top best? I dont see him keeping up, Kaman out is the reason he is getting playing time.

I agree with your lebron comment.. but no way in hell does it matter that Kaman is out for the Blake situation. The dude was the no.1 overall pick last year for a reason. I don't think there has been much no.1's ever in league history to start on the bench in there first year.. so why would he? Who could you replace him with? The man is totally dominating this year.. Nearly every night on ESPN's Sportscenter there is a total ridiculous highlight dunk and showing of 20/10+ continously.. He is pretty much showing stats to Shaq's 92-93 rookie season so how anyone could think he is crap or over-rated is beyond me. Kaman... lolol god that cracks me up

All-Time Top Ten (in rough chronological order)

Russell
Chamberlain
Robertson
West
Abdul-Jabbar
Bird
Magic
Jordan
O'Neal
Duncan

Honourable Mention: Hakeem, Baylor, Bryant, Pippen, Mikan

Current Top Seven
James
Nowitzki
Wade
Nash
Garnett
Kidd
Iverson

Future Top 8
Rose
Wall
Chris Paul
Howard
Griffin
Deron Williams
Love
Eric Gordon

wow kobe not in your top ten all time? hes 9th on the scoring list, has scored 81pts in a game and has more rings than 5 people on your list.
lol and iverson is on your list as current top 7?? clearly you don't watch any games
I'd scratch Kidd, garnett, Nash and obviously Iverson off your list.. No mention of Durant anywhere? and Kobe in current players? zzzzzzzzzzz
CP3, Howard and williams are not future. they are NOW.

wow kobe not in your top ten all time? hes 9th on the scoring list, has scored 81pts in a game and has more rings than 5 people on your list.
lol and iverson is on your list as current top 7?? clearly you don't watch any games
I'd scratch Kidd, garnett, Nash and obviously Iverson off your list.. No mention of Durant anywhere? and Kobe in current players? zzzzzzzzzzz
CP3, Howard and williams are not future. they are NOW.

Geez get your hand of it..... Kobe is a great player, but he is way overrated IMO! Btw...... you seem to have forgotten that this is in other peoples opinions.... no, Kobe can't be in everyones lists even though you seem to think he should be. :rolleyes:

Kobe is ARGUABLY top ten all time, which means he doesnt automatically make it to everyones list like Jordan does. Really we should be doing top 9, because any list that doesnt include Jordan doesnt count.

The Iverson comment - being a present player and in his top 7. He doesnt even play NBA any more. The reason? Because he doesnt want to accept a bench role. Why would he be on the bench? Because he is WAY past his prime (2001/2)

Back
Top Bottom