Ben Simmons Overhyped?

Fultz is looking real bad at the moment.

It beggars belief for me that NBA stars can be hopeless at shooting FT's.
I have never had a shooting coach yet I average about 75%.

Fultz is 57%, Simmons at 62%.. bloody disgraceful.

Fultz was only shooting 62% FT and 42% FG in college. I'm not sure what the 76ers thought they could do with his shot, but its surely not working. I agree, he needs to be traded for the betterment of himself and the team. To where, who knows. Somewhere he'll get a better opportunity.

76ers threw away a no1 pick taking Fultz, when they didn't even need a PG at the time with Ben and TJ there.

When they could of had any number of good to great picks that went after him. Such idiocy by the 76ers.
*imagine either.. Tatum, Fox, Markannen, Smith Jnr.. Mitchell... you'd have to pencil them in for a Finals berth in the next 2 years if they had of drafted right.

I also think Ben has taken a step maybe sideways... It appears he did not practice a jump shot or any solid reliable inside moves in the off season and instead wasted it chasing that Kardashian slag.
Get your head in the game Ben. You can't make a hoe a housewife.

I'm not sure he's thinking about making a housewife out of her. She is baggage though and won't improve his chances of getting the best out of himself.

Fultz is looking real bad at the moment.

It beggars belief for me that NBA stars can be hopeless at shooting FT's.
I have never had a shooting coach yet I average about 75%.

Fultz is 57%, Simmons at 62%.. bloody disgraceful.

Fultz was only shooting 62% FT and 42% FG in college. I'm not sure what the 76ers thought they could do with his shot, but its surely not working. I agree, he needs to be traded for the betterment of himself and the team. To where, who knows. Somewhere he'll get a better opportunity.

76ers threw away a no1 pick taking Fultz, when they didn't even need a PG at the time with Ben and TJ there.

When they could of had any number of good to great picks that went after him. Such idiocy by the 76ers.
*imagine either.. Tatum, Fox, Markannen, Smith Jnr.. Mitchell... you'd have to pencil them in for a Finals berth in the next 2 years if they had of drafted right.

I also think Ben has taken a step maybe sideways... It appears he did not practice a jump shot or any solid reliable inside moves in the off season and instead wasted it chasing that Kardashian slag.
Get your head in the game Ben. You can't make a hoe a housewife.

Today I learnt that De'aaron Fox is only shooting 67% on FT. It sometimes feels like Fultz is under a microscope.

Reactions: Neb
This post hasn't aged as badly as I thought it would. Fultz seems to have gotten his act together at Orlando and is making good progress. I hope he keeps it up. Ben has not taken a step forward this year and I'm starting to worry that he has levelled off and is never going to shoot from mid range and beyond. For the life of me I don't understand why he won't even attempt it( other than 1 game). Is he genuinely scared of airmailing them? T

The suggestion that Fultz has the potential to be better than Simmons at some point is no longer ridiculous imo. Fultz has some serious upside. Time to buy some of his (cheap) Prizms.

Agree.
And I think it;s the genuine feeling among most Aussie NBA supporters.

He is a beast on the defensive side and offensively in the paint. But otherwise, he is very lacking in the confidence to shoot from anywhere.

*disclaimer. I've had 8 beers and 5 whiskeys. My diagnosis amounts to less than zero right now. :crazy:

Simmons is an exceptional defender, and in the paint is also very good.....the frustrating thing for me is almost every play he drives in dishes it off and then stands there in the paint waiting for someone else to shoot........ Ben once in a while take a damn shot will you!

Agree.
And I think it;s the genuine feeling among most Aussie NBA supporters.

He is a beast on the defensive side and offensively in the paint. But otherwise, he is very lacking in the confidence to shoot from anywhere.

*disclaimer. I've had 8 beers and 5 whiskeys. My diagnosis amounts to less than zero right now. :crazy:

8 and 5 that's almost the perfect amount for any analysis. You're in the zone.

Simmons is an exceptional defender, and in the paint is also very good.....the frustrating thing for me is almost every play he drives in dishes it off and then stands there in the paint waiting for someone else to shoot........ Ben once in a while take a damn shot will you!

It's immensely frustrating. Especially after he drained a 3 pointer in an early game and his coach said afterwards that he wanted to see at least one 3pt attempt per game from Simmons. I'm not sure he has done another( maybe one). It's just bizarre.

Also, I'm hacked off because I spent US$110 on a Simmons Holo straight after he drained the 3. There's a lesson.

Back
Top Bottom