Been a long time

sashp

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Sascha Pausewang
eBay User
saschap
It seems like there are a lot of us who are getting back into the cards after about 15 - 20 years out of it. I am one of them as well.

I was always a hockey fan, so I used to focus predominantly on them, but have always liked my baseball and basketball as well. When it came to NFL I was really only knew the bigger names, of which Bo Jackson was my favourite - as Bo knows best!

I am not fussed what I grab now as I really just enjoy the opening of packs and the understanding of the players and cards. Recently getting a good mixed bag of boxes to get the ball rolling.

I work in a tee store in Melbourne and we sell a heap of hats, so I guess I am always just following almost all the sports and as such have an interest in all the sports.

As someone else said, the game has really changed base sets seem to have disappeared and it is all about the autos (which there seems to be tonnes now days.)

Does anyone still focus on base sets at all anymore? It all seems to be about the autos (which there seems to be tonnes of now days)

Looking to learn where to start again.

Welcome!

Plenty of people still like collecting base sets (although you won't get much for most sets if you are trying to sell) and there's some nice looking ones around, I like Crown Royale, Bowman 48 (and blue variation set #d/1948), Topps Turkey Red and others! People demanded more auto's so they definitely gave them didn't they!!!

If you like base then these would be perfect!

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/...ns-early-box-of-2013-14-nba-hoops-basketball/

Good luck on the return to collecting!

Last edited:
Welcome!

Plenty of people still like collecting base sets (although you won't get much for most sets if you are trying to sell) and there's some nice looking ones around, I like Crown Royale, Bowman 48 (and blue variation set #d/1948), Topps Turkey Red and others! People demanded more auto's so they definitely gave them didn't they!!!

If you like base then these would be perfect!

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/...ns-early-box-of-2013-14-nba-hoops-basketball/

Good luck on the return to collecting!

Cheers "GarnettFan4Life" greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom