Basketball Strategy, Stats & Insight, Promising Player Game Stats, Cool links & stories thread

GIVE HIM MORE MINUTES COACH!

Kyle O'Quinn - 26mins - 20pts 15reb 4ast 1stl 1blk - Loss to Houston

KOQnov17game1.JPG

Long but cool/fun read! Guy simulated the NBA Y2K game until the League shut down basketball lol

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon Bois‏Verified account @jon_bois
a few years ago i ran an apocalyptic NBA2K league that simulated until the 2050-51 season. the game had lebron join the lakers and retire with them in 2021

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IS LOST
IN THE SERIES FINALE OF NBA Y2K, WE BEAR WITNESS TO THE SLOW, MISERABLE DEATH OF BASKETBALL
by Jon Bois

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/3/5772796/nba-y2k-series-finale-the-death-of-basketball

Fascinating developments:

Nerlens Noel multiple season MVP's
Anthony Bennett makes it into HOF

His intro:

This will be a death of the spirit. I want every single player in the league to be the worst player in the world. I want to render the NBA an unwatchable, miserable experience in which the notions of self-respect, good ideas, and effort go to die.

I created 80 players and named each of them after the folks who sent me the poems about the NBA's demise that I liked the most. (I read all 645 of them, and most of them were delightful.) These players are designed as pitifully as NBA 2K14 would allow: 5'3, 145 pounds, and awful at every basketball skill: shooting, passing, rebounding, defense, awareness, everything.

I put all these players in a "draft class" file. This is the file from which the game pulls all its potential NBA Draft selections in its franchise mode. Each team will have nothing but horrible players to choose from.

If the 2000 NBA Draft is any indication, a single bad draft can barely put a dent in the league, let alone kill it. So that is why, year after year, I'm feeding the NBA the same draft class file. Nothing but short, talentless weaklings, for years. And years. And years, until they are all that's left.

This is how the NBA you love was destroyed.

Last edited:
Todays games

Simmons - 21/12/9
Richardson - 31pts
Whiteside - 16pts 24reb
Cauley-Stein - 26pts 13reb
Hardaway Jr - 25/5/8
Klay - 52pts - 14/24 3pts
KAT - 25/16/6
Lebron - 29/10/8
DeRozan - 34/6/9/3
Doncic - 31/8/4
Jokic 12/9/10
Randle - 24/8/6

Todays games

Embiid - 39pts 17reb
Blake - 38/13/6
Oladipo - 24/12/3/3
Trae - 24/6/15
Winslow - 15/10/8
Richardson - 32pts
Aldridge - 22/12/6
Mirotic - 22/16
McCollum/Lillard - 30pts each

Great Tim Ferris podcast the other day with Lebron and trainer Mike Mancias. Interesting stuff amongst all the fluff and trying not to give away their training secrets etc.

Friday

Donovan - 30/6/6
Wendell Carter Jr - 28/7
Drummond - 19/20
Simmons - 13/8/10
Jared Jackson Jr - 36/8/2
Conley - 37/5/10
AD - 41/9/2
Westbrook - 23/9/10
Vucevic - 25/15/3

Saturday

Giannis - 33/19/7
Knox - 26/4/4
Drummond - 16/19
Wall - 30/5/9
Kawhi - 34/9/2
Harden - 30/6/7
Hayward - 30/9/8/2
Collision - 11/4/12/6

Who should he be playing instead of? Sabonis is balling

Not necessarily instead of, just AT ALL. Coach is an absolute idiot. So many 2 minutes playing time or DNP Coach’s Decision it’s insane.
15-20 minutes would be great, no way he signed up for DNP’s.

Thad Young played 38 minutes today! This guy learning how to coach from Thibs!

Not necessarily instead of, just AT ALL. Coach is an absolute idiot. So many 2 minutes playing time or DNP Coach’s Decision it’s insane.
15-20 minutes would be great, no way he signed up for DNP’s.

Thad Young played 38 minutes today! This guy learning how to coach from Thibs!
But when Turner and Sabonis both play a majority of their minutes at C, that leaves no minutes for anyone else. And they both play a lot better as the lone big man. At least Thad Young can spread the floor, I think he is far from the worst coach in the league

But when Turner and Sabonis both play a majority of their minutes at C, that leaves no minutes for anyone else. And they both play a lot better as the lone big man. At least Thad Young can spread the floor, I think he is far from the worst coach in the league

I think Pacers fans would disagree! Lol
And I’m not putting myself as a Pacers fan, just what I see from the fan pages and instagram. Turrible!

Back
Top Bottom