Basketball Strategy, Stats & Insight, Promising Player Game Stats, Cool links & stories thread

Interested in eFG% (last column) lately so sorted NBA stats and added minimum 45 games

Shooting Efficiency: Measures shooting percentages from different types of shots - Drives, Close Shots, Catch and Shoots and Pull Up Shots.

eFG%def.JPG

eFG%oct16.JPG

Last edited:
Defensive Impact: Statistics measuring the impact a player has on defense, including blocks, steals and protecting the rim, which measures the opponent's field goal percentage at the rim while it is being defended. Rim protection is defined as the defender being within five feet of the basket and within five feet of the offensive player attempting the shot.

dFG%def.JPG

Minimum 46 games criteria added and of course here we want the lowest % because it means opponents FG% at the rim when guarded by this player

dFG%oct16.JPG

nine.com.au (ninemsn.com.au news formerly) at it again with the awesome quality journalism

ninemsn2.JPG

Pure click chasing as the story in WWOS is actually factual and decent but they try to use headlines like this to get people in, it's so bad

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/10/13/...ku-shots-underhand-free-throws-pre-season-nba

The old Rick Barry underhanded FT technique if done properly in theory should actually be more forgiving and accurate. Think if you were trying to throw a beanbag in a bucket....always underarm for the trajectory, drop and soft bounce on the rim. Surprised more big men who can't shoot for sh*t haven;t adopted it actually....

"Sheed don't lie!" - see what I did there? :red:

Well written by a guy with known anger management issues on court. I do actually think guys like Sheed, Stephen (Captain Jack) Jackson and Metta World Peace get an unfair run in the media and in NBA circles. I'd have those guys on my team any day, even off the court, he just calls it as he sees it and that's all you can really ask for...

....and the water situation in Flint is beyond ridiculous! Detroit and Michigan is just one big bad news story!

Rashad Vaughn breakout game! :p

Was struggling with a low eFG% last season so it's a good sign, might have more of a chance now with MCW gone

team high 22pts 8/17fg, 6/12 3's, 27mins - W

other notable games:

Avery Bradley 31pts 11reb , 8/11 3's - W

Damian Lillard 37pts 5reb 7ast - layup to send to OT then game winning floater in OT1

John Wall 33pts 11ast 5reb, Otto Porter Jr 23pts 13reb - L
DeRozan 40pts - W
Brook Lopez 34pts 11reb - W
Harden 30pts 15ast 6reb - W
Dwight 31pts 11reb, Hardaway Jr 26pts - W

DeRozan 34pts
Kemba 30pts
DWade 35pts 10reb
Conley 30pts 10ast
Deandre Jordan 6pts 21reb
Devin Booker 38pts
Lillard 42pts
Kawhi 29pts 11reb
Randle 20pts 14reb
Klay 2/10, Curry 0/10 from 3 (Curry streak of a made 3 per game ends at 157)

Back
Top Bottom