Basketball Podcast Recommendations

GarnettFan4Life

Administrator
Real Name
Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
Post your fav podcasts or ones you can recommend to people! I listen to a few, will post up later and maybe make the second post a condensed post of ones that people list.

Dunc'd On with Nate Duncan and Danny LeRoux

The Lowe Post with Zach Lowe, not as frequent but good quality discussions and usually has a good guest

Breakaway with Rob Mahoney - Interviews Basketball identities but does it in an interesting way where he narrates as he goes so you don't just get the answers, but his thoughts on more context or background.

RealGM Radio with Danny LeRoux. Not overly frequent but good quality and generally with an interesting guest.

Ok here's some I have going at the moment:

Aussie Hoopla
Back to Back The Podcast
House of Strauss
Locked on NBA
Legends of Sport - (Andrew D. Bernstein)
Open Run (Uninterrupted)
Pro Basketball Talk
The Hoop Collective
The Ringer NBA Show
Bill Simmons
The Woj Pod
J.J. Redick
Pullup with C.J. McCollum

newish one I can recommend (since the addition of Bogut story time) is the Double Dribble pod by CrownBet - Bogut and Anstey have some great discussion and Anstey knows great questions to ask that other hosts normally might not think of.

I've been listening to The Starters for about 10 years now, there is something very endearing about them. They are dudes just like us - basketball fanatics.

I listened to them for years but when they started going towards the televised stuff I found there was too much gimmicky stuff/interviews I wasn’t interested in etc and couldn’t justify the hour or whatever it was to listen. I’ll go back and give them another chance at some stage.

My favourite podcast is Crime in Sports - a couple of comedians who choose a criminal athlete to ridicule each week - they've done quite a few basketballers. Very NSFW, very funny.

The Big Podcast with Shaq is pretty good too.

Shaq just said today that he will cover 2 years of salary for someone like a weather reporter that will say “dookie” on air and gets fired haha

Road Trippin' podcast has been great. Unsubscribed for a while cause it wasn't that good but have since had LeBron back on and it was really good.

RJ goes "9 out of 10 doctors recommend keeping the throat moist"

Lebron loses his shit then goes "which doctor was that? Dr Seymour Butts??"

You don't get to hear this dude talk like that in post game interviews lol

😅

Listened to them when they first started and for a looooong time - I just got bored with their antics and what they had to say when they went to NBAtv or were taken over on a big deal or something? not sure what happened.
Yeah, I didn't enjoy them on NBA TV as much as the podcast, but they are back doing their own thing again.

Back
Top Bottom