Bad Experience with Ebay Seller Probstein123

Yeah he does alot of business for ebay and paypal so they will side with him anyday. Will put up my auction and cracked BGS case later from an american ebay seller.

Things like this in the hobby really s*** me off.

To be honest mate this (and a couple of others such as a dude sending a prime preferred booklet in a rounded card holder that wasn't even meant for trading cards) has put me off the hobby completely. I don't even check ebay anymore and I just stick to this site if people offer me Chris Mullin cards. Lets not even mention the whole Upper Deck and the missing MJ signature saga.... We sent it .. we definitely sent it... :offtopic:

Nah I agree with you totally definitely more wankers than good people around in the hobby and society too.

Way of the world these days. I try to focus on the good not always easy as I like to speak my mind. At the moment I'm trying to finish off two sets which is keeping me interested in this hobby.

Name and shame upper deck on twitter, Instagram and facebook about your MJ auto as they would have sent with tracking. They dont like being faced head on.

Today i got a message from a buyer which said:
Can you please tell me what date you posted this item, My son will be sad christmas day if it doesnt come by tomorrow. If it's not here for Christmas i'm going to ask paypal for a charge back. I paid you friday week ago so it's had more than enough time to get here. As a matter of fact i bought something else from the UK last tuesday and it came today so your item is taking far too long.
Peter

Here are some facts:
1. He bought the item on Friday 13th Dec.
2. He didn't pay until Saturday 14th Dec.
3. I posted it on Tuesday morning, 17th Dec (my listings state 2-3 day handling time, this was inside 2 days)
4. 4 business days later, during the Christmas period, he complains it hasn't arrived, and threatens Paypal chargeback.
5. At no point did he even mention the item was needed before Christmas (maybe i could've express posted??)
6. I included about $100BV of bonus cards with his order for no reason.

So not only did I potentially lose my money and my cards, I also ruined Christmas.

Gettin' real tired of your sh*t ebay.

Last edited:
I have bought a few item from Probstein123 and never had a issue but will check all cards throughly if i buy from him again

Unfortunate you did not get what you had hoped for but at least you got your money back. He will have problems when the next buyer gets it damagec, and will also want their moneh back as well.

Not surprised it's relisted. All the stuff Rick sells is via consignment for other people. Unless it sells he does not get paid. Bought and sold a few things with him. Never had an issue.

Not surprised it's relisted. All the stuff Rick sells is via consignment for other people. Unless it sells he does not get paid. Bought and sold a few things with him. Never had an issue.

Just an update;

Ebay didnt take any action over the fraudulent listing, in fact they didnt even respond.
The item sold yesterday and the item description does not reflect the actual item.
Before the close of auction I got my wife to message him about the condition of the card, instead of me paraphrasing what was said I will just post the proof here;

probstein.jpg

You can clearly see he lied about the items condition.

Whilst I can appreciate others have dealt with this bloke and had no problems, I am not sure why anyone would advocate buying stuff off him when he clearly lies and doesn't even care about the ramifications. Consignment seller or not the bloke is a chump.

Just an update;

Ebay didnt take any action over the fraudulent listing, in fact they didnt even respond.
The item sold yesterday and the item description does not reflect the actual item.
Before the close of auction I got my wife to message him about the condition of the card, instead of me paraphrasing what was said I will just post the proof here;

probstein.jpg

You can clearly see he lied about the items condition.

Whilst I can appreciate others have dealt with this bloke and had no problems, I am not sure why anyone would advocate buying stuff off him when he clearly lies and doesn't even care about the ramifications. Consignment seller or not the bloke is a chump.

Yep that is very Dirty oh how people will lower themselves for money .

Back
Top Bottom