Back from the dead Tennis maildays

eido

Helloooo Karma!
Real Name
James
eBay User
*ca$hflo*
I have returned and back into the hobby. I'll be updating my wantlist thread in the near future so head over there if you want to have a look.

Since i haven't been on forever and i haven't been into the hobby for several months i can't remember what i've shown off in the past because all the links were broken up when i did some reformatting of my bucket (and a new pc) so if something has been shown before i apolgize. But i did receive quite a bit of nice stuff at the start of the year and then briefly gave it up so here goes.

AUTOs first eh?

Along with Haas my favourite tennis player of the last decade. Now retired.
safinauto2.jpg

Speaking of Haas. Yeeeah!
haasauto.jpg

Won the Miami Masters this year beating Roddick in the final. Former Top 5 player. By the way this set of AUTO's are my favourite that Ace has brought out. I personally love the design.
ljubauto.jpg

Decent young talent. Very Safin like so maybe that's why i like him heh.
korolevauto.jpg

With John Isner the next American top player. Both are top 30 and a very handy doubles team. Younger than Isner too i think.
querreyauto.jpg

Pat Cash Gold AUTO. #9/25
cashauto2.jpg

Not much needs to be said of this guy.
courierauto2.jpg

Look closely and you can see that Newk has signed this sticker upside down. Another reason why sticker autos suck but no competition means deal with it.
newkauto.jpg

Feliciano Lopez auto. Not a well known player but has been a consistant top 50 player for years. Unique in the fact he's a net player in the era of smash n bash baseliners.
lopezauto.jpg

Not much to say about next two. Enjoy?
robredoauto.jpg

ljubauto2.jpg

Jersey/GU time! And there's some beauties!

Agassi ball and towel. I love these cards. This ones #11/50. A 'Gold' card. They also came in Silver which was numbered to 250. Look closely on this and you can make out the 'Wilson' on the ball. Also scanning these cards makes the ball colour white....yeah weird that. Also additional info: The balls are cut from the US Open and the towel patches are from Wimbledon. Awesome!
agassiballandtowelgu.jpg

Fed GU. Numbered #178/250. These Court Kings cards are some of my favourite as well. Ace were really something in their first 2 or 3 years and now are pretty poor....just like Select. And those are the only two companies for my PC...sad.
fedgu.jpg

Paradorn! Set for big things several years ago and then...semi retirement! He got injured but could still play but decided marrying a Miss Universe was more fun....not bad Paradorn, not bad mate. Numbered #74/250
paradorngu.jpg

It's another Nadal GU. It's numbered #408/500.
nadalgu4.jpg

Not much to say. Nice card.
nolegu3.jpg

Fed loves the basic colours doesn't he? White and Black. Classy.
fedgu2jpg.jpg

Nadal Ball and Towel. Annnd it's awesome. Also Ace really screwed up and every card for Nadal in this particular set is an error card, they listed him from 'Russia' on the back. LOL. Numbered #85/250
DSCF1557.jpg

Memorabilia time!

Juan Carlos Ferrero and Sebastien Grosjean signed balls. Grosjean in red.
DSCF1544.jpg

Wimbledon 2007 Match Used Ball. An Official Ace release.
DSCF1543.jpg

Next two are the big guns but not sure what order to put them in. Guess i'll go with this first

Another official Ace release. Rafael Nadal US Open 2007 Match Used Ball! I can't believe i got this for a good price. In person you can notice some marks on the ball from the strings as well. It looks great.
DSCF1542.jpg

Juan Martin Del Potro signed Nike wristband. Del Potro was is/was the next big thing last year. Won the US Open last year smashing Nadal in the semis and coming back from 2 sets to love down against Fed in the final. Unfortunately he's probably out for the year with a bad wrist injury that requires surgery. Too bad that. He was becoming a fave of mine. Oh well this rocks anyway. Another incredible price i got this.
DSCF1541.jpg

Whew. That's it guys. Expect more in the coming weeks. Anything to offer? PM me! The wantlist thread should be updated soon. Later.

Nice stuff mate...I have a few Tennis auto/GU cards PM me if your interested in them bud!

awsome stuff mate!

i collected a bit of tennis cards last year. i love some of the cards from ace :)

Thanks to everyone who replied and sent off pm's to me. I appreciate it. I received two more cards today that i thought i'd pop up. Nothing really special but it's more of one of my favs.

safingu5.jpg

safingu4-1.jpg

Numbered #49/250

I'm nearing completion of Safin GU now so that's exciting!

Cool stuff, today I got a signed Kim Clijster signed pic! I like Marat Safin as well also met him in person and got a ball signed. Wish I had all your tennis memorabilia!

Nice cards - wish NRL had some different game used cards :lol:.
Good luck building your collection :)
Cheers
Brplat

seriously cool mailday mate!!! love the nadal and novak stuff best while the agassi dual gu is prob my fav of the lot

Back
Top Bottom