For Sale/For Trade Autos/GU/RCs/Parallels/Inserts

Sounds good. you happy with bank transfer or paypal? paypal will be on monday as i'll have to transfer money from bank.

Hi there,

You still have this one?

1997-98 SkyBox Premium Autographics Century Marks 114 John Williams /100

Any chance of seeing a pic?

Yes I should have it, the scan is in my bucket, use the link below in my signature and navigate to the folder called Autos.

Hi,

Yes I looked at the card but I fear its not genuine.

Appears it was a NNO card (not numbered) that someone has written on the 018/100 (surprise his jersey number).

I compared it to others in the set and its done by a different pen with different hand writing.

Sorry but its not what I'm after, its a ruined card thats not worth anything to a collector.

Hi,

Yes I looked at the card but I fear its not genuine.

Appears it was a NNO card (not numbered) that someone has written on the 018/100 (surprise his jersey number).

I compared it to others in the set and its done by a different pen with different hand writing.

Sorry but its not what I'm after, its a ruined card thats not worth anything to a collector.

Now you got me interested, I will have a look at the card myself.

Here's what it looks like from my scan. It has the glittery stuff in the Autographics logo so it belongs to the Century Marks set. Your only concern would be that it is from Fleer Auction where somebody bought an un-numbered copy and added the serial number with a sharpy?

I did not pull this card, it came from a trade way back so I cannot guarantee that the card is genuine or not. But I also went on eBay and COMC and saw numerous copies that seem to be consistent with the one above. Please enlighten me with your research and evidence...

Last edited:
If you look at the "sold out" one on COMC you will see be able to compare the two.

This is definitely a tampered card and I've seen others like it over the years.

Here is the one from comc, notice the thick and flowing black marker pen used.

The one you have looks like a ball point pen and is diffenert hand writing then all the other century mark cards.

I'm not saying you did it, I'm just stating what I see and it's fairly obvious.

Hot-Rod-Williams.jpg

Back
Top Bottom