Australia vs Italy!!! GO AUSSIES!!!

Magicman

Banned User
Real Name
Kyle Redenbach
eBay User
hotshot1717
Well come on Aussies come on.....

I will be up in the early hours of the morning to watch this one, cant wait!!! :)

No Emerton :( . But the Italians have lost there key defender too which is handy.

Hopefully we can hang on to full time and go into a penalty shootout :)

my Prediction however, Italy 3-1. :rolleyes:

Go the Aussies!!! I'm just hoping for a really good effort......if they win it will be a bonus!!!

Cheers
Matt

Doubt theres a spot for the roos waiting this time...:(
Still... never know...if i was 100% sure on this i wouldnt stay up but hopefully a bit of luck will go our way and italy wont play to there potential.
GO THE LADS.!!!:D

go aussies, ive got a good feeling about this one, im thinking it will end in a draw, thus going to penalty shoot out, with mark shwartzer saving our butts yet again..... well at least i hope should be a great game anyway, GO AUSSIES!!!

I like your thoughts on the game Cath. :D I feel the Italian fear in the air.

Really hoping for another good showing but WE CAN DO IT!!

GO SOCCEROOS!!

well considering the azzuri hasnt scored more then 2 goals for years, then I doubt 3-1 will be the final result.

im not making any predictions...just a tired and hung over Trey tomorrow at work!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, AUSSIE!! Aussie, Aussie.

They dont have Nesta we dont have Emerton but they still are a much better team on paper but i am expecting a good showing by the aussie tonight and Australia will erupt if we can beat the azzuri. This game is massive and the winner will play Ukraine or the Swiss for a place in the semi's which i think we could make happen =P~ But one game at a time and i will be amazed if we can beat the itallians tonight in 90 + minutes.
AN early goal would be ideal.
Need our fowards to fire
Cahill, Bresciano, Kewell (fingers crossed he plays) Viduka and Kennedy.

I heard Lucas Neill may play for Barcelona next season as they have been extremely impressed with his WC showing.

go socceroos, who cares the margin but hoping for a WIN!!

here's something to think about.

last time australia played italy was in 2000 in the olympics. italy won 1-0. their team is nearly the same. australia's has all our big players.

their key defender is out in nesta. thats huge. emerton out for us and possibly kewell. will be a good game though

2-1 australia :)

Coming from an Italian Background and my love for the Azzurris this one is going to be tough to watch.... For the last couple of weeks the Aussies have done us proud and there is nothing stopping them from winning tonight. Either way ill be happy although I do hope Italy can advance..!

The next game for either team should be not as tough as other matches considering teams like Argentina play Germany and England vs Portugal are all alot stronger than Ukraine or the Swiss...

From a neutral fan - I reckon u have more chance than u think. As Trey said Italy are dead boring and never score goals.
I know there's very few flukey goals in the WC but aussie have NOTHING to lose. The Italians always look like they're gonna get hung if they make a mistake. U blokes have also scored 5 goals in 3 games, so although they'll be hard to break down - I think u have a great chance!

Coming from an Italian soccer follower -

Italia have rarely showed desperation on the soccer field since they last won the cup in 1982, the Aussies are gonna go hell for leather and take no prisoners, they are full on.

they are a full chance, if they can kick a goal in the 1st half they will win

Go, the socceroos!!! AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE! :D I'm going for either a 2-1 Aussie win, or Aussie win in a penalty shootout... I really do think Hiddink traumatised the Azzuri in the last Cup, and they didn't want to come up against him in the knock-out stages. BTW, bloody hoping Kewell plays, even off the bench... I think having him there would be a boost to the other players, because like him or not, he can turn a game with one magic moment, which most can't. Also, wonder what they're going to do against Viduka? Sure, he hasn't scored, but he certainly draws attention from the defence, and the Italians aren't exactly renowned for liking physical play, so they might have to throw multiple defenders on him, freeing up others. I might be tempted to say the Italians score one in the first half and hold out, but I don't think they've played a squad this fit and attacking for a while, so if they do I think we'll at least equalize near the end. Kennedy should be a handfull if he comes on, too...

Come on Aussies
You can do it!!
schneider-rob.jpg

stupid question...

what times this game starting? like actually kicking off? sbs says 00:15 AEDT...Ive seen someone say 00:30 kick off...also 01:00am kickoff?? (all times eastern standard time)

Well, Harry's just walked out on crutches, it seems it's either a REAL elaborate hoax, or we're in trouble... Still hoping we can pull it out, but very worried now... #-o

Yep, gotta agree... Great 1st half! Looks like we're really taking it to them! Sure, we've risked them getting 1 or 2 good shots on goal, but it's a great game to watch!!! :D C'mon boys, lets bring it home! Also, if we DO end up progressing, we play either Switzerland or Ukraine, which while they're higher ranked than us, I can't see us having too many problems with... But first we gotta get this one, of course...

Back
Top Bottom