Aus Post cancels Pack and Track International - But GOOD news too

Coopz05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Coopz
eBay User
healfan
So I went to PO today to send a card via Pack N Track. For those who use it regularly, you'll know it has been the cheapest options for sending cards with tracking overseas ($21.10)

Anyway, I was informed, they have cancelled the service and now have a new overseas mailing system, that includes 2 ways to ship overseas, but both include tracking.

The good news is, I chose 'economy international' which is delivered within 10 days with tracking, and it was only $15.85, which is great news. I generally only send cards $100+ with pack n track, and risk it with anything under that. now, I may send everything under $50 this way.

Considering the only other option for a long time was $55 in order to be tracked OS, I actually think this is a good outcome for hobbyists.

The other option was only $5 more, and was 6 day shipping.

That's good. Recently sent package to Europe and it cost me $16 cos it was more than 250gm. Without tracking.

I need to check up OS rates again closely.

I noticed pack and track was gone.

Hey @Coopz05, did they get rid of Economy International since you posted this? Just had a look at the Australia Post website and the cheapest I found is International Standard which takes 5 days, costs $23.72 and includes tracking. The only $15.85 option I found was International Economy Air which takes 6 days, costs $15.85 but doesn't include tracking.

Yeh, not sure when it changed again, but your numbers sound correct. Always go with tracking though for international. Ive been duped way too many times

Afternoon all

I dont often send items over seas with tracking but have done recently due to high valued cards. how do you check the tracking details for the registered post international service as ive looked on the Aust post site everywhere but cant find anywhere that helps.

Cheers Rob

Im not an expertbut registered may not include tracking per se. I think someone signs at the other end to say they got it. But Ive often had issues cos when it gets OS the other company doesnt necessarily care for the signature cos its not them, its aus post...

You can send however you want, $15 or $89, if it's eBay there is no protection - going through a not as described case ATM and eBay decided the buyer can return for a full refund and I have to pay return postage too. I'd expect to receive a base card back now. I've been back and forth with eBay on this and it took 6 replies to get a clear answer, they keep copying and pasting the same BS. Ended up saying that I should open a case if I receive different to what I sent. Are we just going to keep opening cases?? I can feel I'm about to get screwed.

P.s. I sent registered ($25) and tracked ($3) = $28

Afternoon all

I dont often send items over seas with tracking but have done recently due to high valued cards. how do you check the tracking details for the registered post international service as ive looked on the Aust post site everywhere but cant find anywhere that helps.

Cheers Rob
It is tracked internally. As customers we don't have access to it.
I had a similar issue recently and had to call Auspost. The guy was really helpful and solved my problem and confirmed every place it was scanned at. So give em a buzz if your concerned.

Back
Top Bottom