**ATT ALL - Beware of User : FOOTYFEVER

cp4142

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Chris
eBay User
mltma
For the Attention of all Users

Here is my tale of woe at the hands of FOOTYFEVER, the author of such threads as

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/foru...auctions/105414-select-1993-set-complete.html
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/foru...s/105416-series-1-2-4-quarters-full-sets.html
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/foru...set-includes-lockett-1300-goal-signature.html
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/foru...ons/50806-scanlens-15-000-assorted-cards.html

As I did not follow the OZT trading rules by insisting on a trade agreement, this all serves me right.
While we are not talking about a lot of cash, I now accept that the money I direct deposited to a Mr Ralph Bova is now long gone.

Anyway, at the start of september, FOOTYFEVER PM'd me about a scanlens wantlist I had posted.
After a couple of messages back and forward, he agreed to send me 33 mid-80s Scanlens VFL in exchange for $70
I asked if he wanted to start a trade thread, but he just sent me his Commonwealth Bank details.

After a few weeks, and a couple of PMs from me asking the whereabouts of the cards I got this

I'm So Sorry for the delay I should of contacted you earlier.
I've been so busy and to top it I smashed my car and have had trouble getting around.
I will get on to your cards and have them expressed out two you in the next couple of days.
Again Sorry.

Regards Ralph

I waited another 2 weeks, and again after a couple more PMs to him, I go this ol' gem

Oh I am sorry again please.
My internet has been off and I have just seeen and read this message.
I have been unable to get to the internet till today.
I have been unable to get the address to mail the cards I have it now and will post the items tomorrow.
I'm so sorry it has been my first hick up on this site amongst the sales that I have always had no problem.

Regards Ralph
PS . Email me tonight if need be.

Again, another 2 weeks have past, and not a word heard from Mr Ralph Bova.

To me, his messages seem awfully generic, as though they are written for more than one recipient.
I am curious if anyone else is also trying to chase down Ralph.

This is the only time I have had anything other than a pleasant, helpful, enlightening, fruitful, generous exchange with the members of OZT. I do not consider this person to be representative of the vast majority of users, and highlight this story only as a warning to all the other trusting members on this site.

Tomorrow morning, Moonee Ponds Police will also hear this tale.

Thanks for your time

Chris

You said the start of December - i assume this is a typo. What month was it that you arranged the deal?

I bought a set of Scanlens crickets cards off him at the end of August - i had no problems. Also a direct deposit into his CBA account from memory.

Hope this gets sorted out mate - keep us posted.

Sorry to hear the bad news mate, it's people like this which have turned me away from collecting AFL all together.

There are plenty of great people on here that deal in AFL but unfortunately there seems to be more that want to bend you over and give you the rough end of a pineapple.

Keep us posted on the outcome.:v:

Sorry to read about your situation..........but

WHY do people not stick to the basics that Admin have advised to do? Unbeliveable!

That said......even if you had set up a Trade Thread and he didn't send your cards you would still be in the same situation as the site has no requirement to do anything. All the trade thread does is make it a written agreement (public).

Hope you see them cards mate!

I gotta ask what difference would a trade thread do to prevent this from happening. I had a bad experience on here followed all the rules but the trade thread didn't help one Iota. thats my 2 cents worth

---------- Post added 05-11-2011 at 05:49 PM ----------

sorry Richo didnt see your post but yeah... what he said

Found a phone number for this clown, but his mother keeps saying she doesnt know where he is, even though this is the return addresss he has offered others.
I've seen on his profile that he's been into the site recently, but he wont contact me.
If anyone's had anything to do with this loser lately, could they let me know. I need more details for the police.

his mobile number it was in his post, he gave it out so I guess it's okay to post it up here
my phone no; 0466 112 701

his mobile number it was in his post, he gave it out so I guess it's okay to post it up here
my phone no; 0466 112 701
Pretty sure giving out personal addresses and phone numbers online is more than likely illegal, but i say do what ever we can to nut out these lowlifes!!

as stated Footyfever himself posted his phone number on a public post, aint nothing illegal about that. it maybe unethical reposting it, but then again so is ripping people off. If I was Cp4142 (the victim here) and had unlimited text on my mobile I know a certain mobile number that would be bombarded by text messages night and day until Ralph (the perp) gets himself a new simcard....funny really because I couldnt start to tell you what I would do if I lived in the same state as him. Ripoffs get what they deserve

Ive got done the same way but on GUMTREE !
Same way his name wqs Simon Wong
We made a deal for 2 sets of 1987 Scanlens $350 great cards and conditon were great from the scans ive recieved from him .
Paid straight into his account for him to send them to me asap.
2 week past by i sent him a sms message onto his mobile no answer send a message to his email no answer and then i called him and it was switched off so i left a message on his answering machine.
2 weeks went by again i got a email telling me that he is interestate and left his girlfriend to mail them but she didnt and he will do it when he gets back.
so 2 weeks went by again i went to the police and made a report on this fellow and the police said to me that he is known to them! a ha
so then 1 week later i got a m a email again from simon and said that he wanted my account details so he can put my money into my account because he split with his girlfriend and the cards were lost and still no money into account and no answer from simon so keep clear when you here from a S M SIMON THE TRUCKIE !!!

Back
Top Bottom