Assistance

Jets59

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Freddy
So I haven't been around these boards for a few years (life in general), and this is my first time in the NFL section (Rugby league and UFC collector).

In my time away I have become completely hooked on the NFL. Love it, cant get enough. Looking to start a small collection of a few guys I like - and wow. Too say I'm overwhelmed is an understatement.

Ill use Alvin Kamara as an example. Would love an auto. Just not sure what one of the nine hundred and fifty eight different ones I want. All rookies too of course.

Immaculate or Immaculate Collegiate, Absolute, Origins, Prizm, Spectra, certified, gold standard, Illusions, National treasures etc etc and so on. Im not used to collecting sports that have a hundred different releases per year.

Can any of the trusted Oz Card community give me a quick point in the right direction? Whats junk, whats good.
Just the names of one or a few good trusted releases that I can use to narrow my search. And if theres anything that should be avoided, that would be good to know too. Cheers. When it comes too the eye test, a lot of them look good, so that doesn't really narrow it down.

Welcome to the dark side mate!! lol
Personally I think it is a case of what you like, do you want them to keep or sell?, do you want players in their pro or college uniforms?. It is daunting not just with the number of releases but also the variations, platinum, gold, black, red, blue camo, pink etc etc. Obviously the high end cards, like National Treasures or Immaculate are nice to have but you can get nice stuff from the mid level releases like Absolute, Certified. I am quite liking the latest rookies and stars. Preferred is released this week which can be another nice release. Have a look on Ebay to what is out there and if anything takes your fancy. A few of the guys on here do box or case breaks to try and get hits of their teams or players, can be expensive but can also net you a few nice cards if you strike lucky.

Just my ten cents worth, if you have any more questions feel free to PM or post. Are you looking at any other players or teams? sthere are a great bunch of guys on here who are more than helpful so feel free to ask.

Prizm, contenders and national treasures are the most collectable rookies in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom