Are you sick of hearing about Michael Jordan on this site?

Are you sick of hearing about Michael Jordan on this site?

• YES

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • NO

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup you can't take a hint it seems. If you simply can't see how your posting habbits have contributed to where it has got then maybe you shouldn't post here at all. Pm's from Admin, threads about the issue with members stating exactly how they feel and a 'yes' vote of 70%.

If you can't take that on board and help the site out then what choice do you give me I'm sure members here have seen we have been patient enough.

I thought I'd been clear enough but obviously not.

This victim mentality has got real old.

On another note, I'd be feeling pretty good about having my own player thread. If you look at it this way, if we all had our own tribute threads to discuss our favorite players the Basketball chat forum would be pretty hard to sort through.

So posting MJ related material outside that MJ thread is pretty much abusing the whole point of having it. If I had a Jordan thread (Farmar ;)) and kept posting more Famar threads outside it, it would get old pretty quick and no doubt people would get on me as expected. Not comparing Jordan to Jordan either, just making a point.

Don't take it for granted. Post the MJ stuff in the MJ thread, the card discussions in the cards discussion forums and I'm sure all who want to see and read it will take a look. :thumbsup:

Also, taking some time to review the quoted articles that keep popping up would be great, quality not quantity, people will no doubt be a bit more interested and less likely to crack jokes.

Thanks for the heads up mate. Truely a pleasure to have my own player thread. But outside of that every thread i make is geniune discussion.

Its really baffling how disillusioned he is, really. It's like he's on auto-pilot, and only hears what he WANTS to hear, and everything else gets ignored. And to top it off, he's not even trying to make ammends for upsetting other members and apologising and moving on. Even if he were to stay on as a member of the community, a great majority of the people here would have something against him. I really don't see any other options chad, he's not even remotely on the same page, or even on the same book for that matter.

I might have made some mistakes with posting Jordan material outside the offical thread so i apologise to everyone i have upset. Sorry once again,i'll learn the right way next time and hopefully from now onward there would be no trouble in my posting.

Thanks once again to the members here who gave serious advice.

Thanks for the heads up mate. Truely a pleasure to have my own player thread. But outside of that every thread i make is geniune discussion.

What amazes me his he thinks that its just HIS own player thread??And anyone that slightly disagrees with how good Jordan is, or how good Kobe and Bron are you posted stupid comments and so on and so on....

But when stuff like the Larry Brown thing coaching the Bobcats there were 3 different threads about that and some how it was all related back to Jordan i mean stuff like that is really really annoying....

Just what i think but looking at the Poll looks like the rest of the forum all think the same!!:thumbsup:

What amazes me his he thinks that its just HIS own player thread??And anyone that slightly disagrees with how good Jordan is, or how good Kobe and Bron are you posted stupid comments and so on and so on....

Probably my mistake for suggeting it like that, I mean clearly it's for fans of MJ to share the thread :thumbsup:

I got sweaty about it then you guys would make threads like this to unleash my anger with laughter now I just ignore anything about jordan on this site, dont even click on the thread..........simple.

Thanks for the idea Mike. That was what i was proposing with Matt in my pm's. Definitely a good idea that'll solve a few problems and i'm sure others would like to see it done.

Why should the forum bow-down to the needs of one person who can't follow simple instructions???

You can create the thread yourself and keep posting in it....you don't need mods permission to start a new thread (maybe you do??)...to get it stickied is a different matter. Call it "Jordan23's Jordan Card Update" or something so that it is clearly identified and just make sure everything you post goes in there.

Alternatively maybe you need to start your own Jordan forum.....or a Jordan blog???

Nice gang bashing we have here dont we?

Its pretty simple. Don't like to read about Jordan then don't bloody read the thread! Simple!

At least the guy doesn't resort to name calling and smart-arse comments like certain members. :mad:

No i'm not sick of reading about it, as i don't have enough time to read all the posts. If i like it, i read on. If i don't like it i click the back button and read something else. Thanks.

Its pretty simple. Don't like to read about Jordan then don't bloody read the thread! Simple!

At least the guy doesn't resort to name calling and smart-arse comments like certain members
.[/SIZE] :mad:

Good Call man that is what pisses me off the most about all of this.:v:

Shane

im not sick of reading jordan threads...im a fan of jordan and its good someone is posting news about him....i dont need to search...someone is doing it for me...peace>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Its really baffling how disillusioned he is, really. It's like he's on auto-pilot, and only hears what he WANTS to hear, and everything else gets ignored. And to top it off, he's not even trying to make ammends for upsetting other members and apologising and moving on. Even if he were to stay on as a member of the community, a great majority of the people here would have something against him. I really don't see any other options chad, he's not even remotely on the same page, or even on the same book for that matter.

This is my only gripe with all the jordan stuff......

Jordan23, just sems to ignore anything that anyone had to say if it isnt positive towards what he says... basicaly if he doesnt hear what he wants he doesnt respond, which to me, is just insult, disrespectful, and really, plain childish, my 2 and 4 year olds do that sort of crap.

I for one am not sick of seeing Jordan stuff, geeze, check my user name, big surprise, but I am sick of the disrespect shown to other members, mods and so on bu posting all the threads that could be put in the MJ thread, or not even cpntinuing discussion, banter or w/e in them after posting them. That gives me the sh!ts, lets start a thread and not reply to it!

I think the poll should have been wordered better. i dont think alot of people are sick of hearing bout Jordan, just the insignificant stuff and the constant bullsh!t hat gets copied and pasted and never replied to again by the poster.

At least the guy doesn't resort to name calling and smart-arse comments like certain members. :mad:

As far as gang bashing goes, maybe its justified, i dont know and couldn't really care as like others say if the thread doesn't look interesting i won't read it, but for the arrogance and smart arse answers that have been left on threads or replies then it is justified, and certain posts by the person in question, initially make me see red, then i look at his profile age and think, this kid wouldn't know **** if he fell in it.
As a result of some members arrogance and replies to certain thread, i have only been checking this site a couple of times a week for less than 2 mins, scan the threads and move on. I have voted yes to this vote, and actually don't really know how much longer i will use the site, once i complete some deals that are in the pipeline. People like this make newbies wonder about the site, anyhow thanks to the majority of great collectors and people to trade with, that do make the site great, but there are just a few more now, that are too f'n rude to even be bothered with.:mad:

This is my only gripe with all the jordan stuff......

Jordan23, just sems to ignore anything that anyone had to say if it isnt positive towards what he says... basicaly if he doesnt hear what he wants he doesnt respond, which to me, is just insult, disrespectful, and really, plain childish, my 2 and 4 year olds do that sort of crap.

I for one am not sick of seeing Jordan stuff, geeze, check my user name, big surprise, but I am sick of the disrespect shown to other members, mods and so on bu posting all the threads that could be put in the MJ thread, or not even cpntinuing discussion, banter or w/e in them after posting them. That gives me the sh!ts, lets start a thread and not reply to it!

I think the poll should have been wordered better. i dont think alot of people are sick of hearing bout Jordan, just the insignificant stuff and the constant bullsh!t hat gets copied and pasted and never replied to again by the poster.

Seconded. I've said it in this thread like 4 times already, the problem is less to do with whats in it, and more to do with jordan23 being disrespectful to others. Members who chime in saying, just don't read the thread; if the close to 1000 members here all started multiple threads every day on a particular player, and each time and item came on eBay about the player or a news article talking about the player/player's family/player's team was released, it would be pretty hard to ignore. Its a pet peeve for certain members (and others couldn't care less), BUT I'm sure it wouldn't be TOOOOO out of the question to tone it down a notch for the sake of keeping the community sane? BTW, there are a tonne of Jordan only (or 'Jordon' as the trolls call him) related sites out there if his itch is so great that he MUST make a thread of him every so often.

Seconded. I've said it in this thread like 4 times already, the problem is less to do with whats in it, and more to do with jordan23 being disrespectful to others. Members who chime in saying, just don't read the thread; if the close to 1000 members here all started multiple threads every day on a particular player, and each time and item came on eBay about the player or a news article talking about the player/player's family/player's team was released, it would be pretty hard to ignore. Its a pet peeve for certain members (and others couldn't care less), BUT I'm sure it wouldn't be TOOOOO out of the question to tone it down a notch for the sake of keeping the community sane? BTW, there are a tonne of Jordan only (or 'Jordon' as the trolls call him) related sites out there if his itch is so great that he MUST make a thread of him every so often.

Point taken and agreed upon as above. Yes it would be annoying as hell.:v:

Well I'm an unashamed member who has been writing boring stuff on these new Jordan23 threads. I did when he wrote numerous threads BEFORE the 'official Jordan thread' and now he's started up a whole new stack of them I've started again.

When he was posting on 'his' official Jordan thread' I didn't have a problem - I reckon it worked well, good guys like Rhys who like hearing about it went and posted there and it was successful.

Then all the posts started again which leads us to the current situation. I'm glad mods are dealing with this otherwise I'm starting up 4 or 5 more KG threads!!!
'KG wants it more', 'KG for president' etc etc

I think the guys who have been here a while and experienced the pre 'my jordan thread' rubbish and have seen it start again have far less patience than the guys who don't really know what we're talking about pre 'my jordan thread'

It's not just the Jordan loving, its the constant Lebron/ kobe hating and cheering for the celtics because they're playing them and so on.

That's all from me and I appreciate the mods dealing with this as it was getting frustrating....

Oh and by the way jordan23 - I have NEVER been given a warning by any mod - 2519 posts and counting......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom