Are you sick of hearing about Michael Jordan on this site?

Are you sick of hearing about Michael Jordan on this site?

• YES

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • NO

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly neutral about the constant new Jordan threads being created, although probably more on the against side than for. But I do think that what your doing jordan23 is just going against common courtesy and behaviour.

You are fully aware that some members don't enjoy the constant new threads on Jordan, and its not on anything particularly interesting, I might add. And a few have expressed it, which is why the official thread was created for you, so that you can continue posting in it without affecting others.

And you choose to blatantly disregard how they feel and create ill-feelings between you and these members. Surely, this serves no purpose as an online community, and if you keep being disrespectful to others, you'll only be alienating yourself from the rest of the community. This applies to anything not just this situation, human decency would suggest that you respect how others are feeling and not go out of your way to aggravate them, if there is a mutually acceptable solution to it (which in this case is for the threads on Jordan to be kept in the official thread).

You can continue posting about Jordan all you want, but from the response so far 70% of the members are tired of it, so that says a bit.

I'm fairly neutral about the constant new Jordan threads being created, although probably more on the against side than for. But I do think that what your doing jordan23 is just going against common courtesy and behaviour.

You are fully aware that some members don't enjoy the constant new threads on Jordan, and its not on anything particularly interesting, I might add. And a few have expressed it, which is why the official thread was created for you, so that you can continue posting in it without affecting others.

And you choose to blatantly disregard how they feel and create ill-feelings between you and these members. Surely, this serves no purpose as an online community, and if you keep being disrespectful to others, you'll only be alienating yourself from the rest of the community. This applies to anything not just this situation, human decency would suggest that you respect how others are feeling and not go out of your way to aggravate them, if there is a mutually acceptable solution to it (which in this case is for the threads on Jordan to be kept in the official thread).

You can continue posting about Jordan all you want, but from the response so far 70% of the members are tired of it, so that says a bit.

Great post...thanks for your feedback!

I voted YES. It is beginning to get seriously annoying.

I did like that joke article though, couldn't stop laughing for an hour :lol:

I don't see the problem with posting everything all in the offical Jordan thread.

i am not sick of it, i think that if you dont want to read the post... dont open it its not a biggie, i mean you read the title and you already know whats going to be in it. just my thoughts

I'll say 2 things...

1. Without Jordan we wouldn't even be here on this forum...basketwhat??

2. Use the correct frikkin threads!!

Aren't most of those links card related and should be in card discussion. Besides those threads are sensible and aren't made up.

Maybe you should have a look at the beckett forums or Hk to see what kind of stuff get's posted on them.

I think a lot of it has to do with the manner you post. A lot of us put up our opinions and being fans we argue black and blue for our cause. Thats passion and I don't mind that at all even if some disagree. We all support in different ways and for players/teams/sets etc etc

But you post links, articles etc etc and only respond to those that match your opnion and simply ignore any other post and don't take part in any discussion that is healthy for the board in general. As just a member/poster that gets up my goat.

I've had enough of this and as I said I'll simply delete future threads if they aren't in the appropriate area.

Regardless of what you think about how you post, the votes don't like and you should see that how you go about it annoys many and take the point so plainly shown to you.

I'm done with the many pm's and problems.

Aren't most of them card related and should be in card discussion. Besides those threads are sensible and aren't made up.

Maybe you should have a look at the beckett forums or Hk to see what kind of stuff get's posted on them.

I don't think anyone anything about threads not being sensible and made up. I am on the beckett forums, so I know what goes on there, which is why I chose to be part of this community. Same thing happens over there, there's a guy who's OBSESSED with Rudy Gay, and can't contain his excitement to himself nor his handful of the same cards, which he constantly brings up over and over and over and over again, even though people tell him not to. Sounds familiar.

I'll say it again, I don't think there's anything wrong with posting Jordan/card related threads. The problem starts when a few members get annoyed at it, and you choose to ignore them and CONTINUE posting them to spite them. Which is why the official thread was created for you to place them in, which I think is a fair solution, so you can continue posting your threads without cluttering the board and everyone in the community is satisfied.

These are mainly all about Cards... why should they go into the jordan forum? and why cant they go into the card discussion forum? i thought that is what it was for?:thumbsup: [/QUOTE]

No offense meant, but you haven't been around long enough to get the full blown extent of it mate. :D I haven't been around long either which is why I said I'm fairly neutral about it if not leaning towards against it. Of the members who aren't exactly happy about it, all of them are senior members. But again, this is to do with the manner that he chooses to ignore the feelings of other members when there is a perfectly suitable alternative which would appease all parties.

That's what i thought. Completely card related material and has full links and geniune discussion to it. The only thing i find disturbing are the clown's and nutheads trying to wreak the thread.

Isn't there a rule on these boards you get banned for doing that mod's?

These are mainly all about Cards... why should they go into the jordan forum? and why cant they go into the card discussion forum? i thought that is what it was for?:thumbsup:

No offense meant, but you haven't been around long enough to get the full blown extent of it mate. :D I haven't been around long either which is why I said I'm fairly neutral about it if not leaning towards against it. Of the members who aren't exactly happy about it, all of them are senior members. But again, this is to do with the manner that he chooses to ignore the feelings of other members when there is a perfectly suitable alternative which would appease all parties.[/QUOTE]

None taken mate, but since i have been here all i have seen is the constant crap that is put onto Jordan23 now he has got his thread which he uses, but to keep giving him crap for posting about cards( and usually really nice ones:thumbsup:) in the card discussion section seems a bit silly. to me anyhowz :v:

Can we create a new thread: "The offical MICHAEL JORDAN card thread!!!!!!!!" in the Card Discussion forum? That will solve quite a few problems I think. :D

While we are at it, how about:
"The offical MICHAEL JORDAN heated discussions thread!!!!!!!!" in the Heated Discussions forum too

That's what i thought. Completely card related material and has full links and geniune discussion to it. The only thing i find disturbing are the clown's and nutheads trying to wreak the thread.

Isn't there a rule on these boards you get banned for doing it mod's?

Amazing. The mods have already voiced their displeasure with YOUR behaviour, and not of anyone elses, and your disillusioned enough to think that your in their good books. Simply amazing.

Can we create a new thread: "The offical MICHAEL JORDAN card thread!!!!!!!!" in the Card Discussion forum? That will solve quite a few problems I think. :D

While we are at it, how about:
"The offical MICHAEL JORDAN heated discussions thread!!!!!!!!" in the Heated Discussions forum too

ha ha:D good stuff
Shane

On another note, I'd be feeling pretty good about having my own player thread. If you look at it this way, if we all had our own tribute threads to discuss our favorite players the Basketball chat forum would be pretty hard to sort through.

So posting MJ related material outside that MJ thread is pretty much abusing the whole point of having it. If I had a Jordan thread (Farmar ;)) and kept posting more Famar threads outside it, it would get old pretty quick and no doubt people would get on me as expected. Not comparing Jordan to Jordan either, just making a point.

Don't take it for granted. Post the MJ stuff in the MJ thread, the card discussions in the cards discussion forums and I'm sure all who want to see and read it will take a look. :thumbsup:

Also, taking some time to review the quoted articles that keep popping up would be great, quality not quantity, people will no doubt be a bit more interested and less likely to crack jokes.

Thanks for the idea Mike. That was what i was proposing with Matt in my pm's. Definitely a good idea that'll solve a few problems and i'm sure others would like to see it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom