Are there any fake kobe rookie topps chrome out there?

TheFourthCollector

OzCardTrader
Real Name
james
I know there's a lot of fake patches, fake jordan rookies, and others of the such. I'm about to start eyeing and buying a kobe rookie topps chrome (thee kobe rookie card) and i want to make sure i don't accidentally buy a fake. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Im no expert but I think theres a tonne of fake Kobe Topps Chrome RC's out there.

Just seem to recall hearing about it somewhere

Ryan

Im no expert but I think theres a tonne of fake Kobe Topps Chrome RC's out there.

Just seem to recall hearing about it somewhere

Ryan

A lot of people are selling the Parallel of the the Topps card as a chrome. It looks metalic but is not chrome.

Yeah ive never heard of a fake :) There is a Topps NBA At 50 parallel from the Topps set which has a chrome finish, but its hard to miss the NBA At 50 logo on the front :) Just make sure it says Topps Chrome in the logo and you should be ok.

Yeah ive never heard of a fake :) There is a Topps NBA At 50 parallel from the Topps set which has a chrome finish, but its hard to miss the NBA At 50 logo on the front :) Just make sure it says Topps Chrome in the logo and you should be ok.

Beat me to it G, you are spot on!

I have heard that another rookie year card for Kobe that can be faked is the Skybox rubies.....heard that some people have coloured the skybox logo and the name in with red texta.....looks real in a scan, in person its another thing!

Cheers
Matt

Beat me to it G, you are spot on!

I have heard that another rookie year card for Kobe that can be faked is the Skybox rubies.....heard that some people have coloured the skybox logo and the name in with red texta.....looks real in a scan, in person its another thing!

Cheers
Matt

I think the most faked Kobe rc is from the lucky 13 redemption set that Fleer released with little fan-fare at the time. But 1 yr later shot up to ridiculous heights.

Topps chrome haven't seen much fakes in my time but definitely there are alot of them off-centred like the original 86-87 fleer set.

I've found an unopened factory sealed box of 96/97 chrome for $600 - was almost thinking of doing a group pack buy but a bit of an outlay ! Any of the main RC would pay for your pack easliy though!

Heres the pic of the box. And no, it's not Ebay.

199697toppschromebasketballfoilbox.jpg

I've found an unopened factory sealed box of 96/97 chrome for $600 - was almost thinking of doing a group pack buy but a bit of an outlay ! Any of the main RC would pay for your pack easliy though!

A you serious Graham, they a as scarce as hens teeth. I'll be interested in a few packs if you want to sell.

cheers

Beckett actually says beware of Kobe Counterfiets on its price guide.

Beckett actually says beware of Kobe Counterfiets on its price guide.

Going by the technology back then it's highly unlikey somebody could copy a exact Chrome card to near perfection. Regular topps design they could, but not that metallic foil used on the chrome cards.

I have no doubt that a fake Kobe of any kind can be done perfectly if the faker puts in enough effort. For example, an employee of Topps with access to their machines would be a likely candidate for producing such a fake.

Back
Top Bottom