Are the Jordan '85 USA really considered to be Trading cards??

needforspeed

UNDERGROUND
Real Name
Michael
Hi to All,

I have seen these cards LITTERED over the internet for sale, yet I never really understood whether they were official trading cards of Michael Jordan or not.
Its the card in the Attatched Thumbnail. Is it considered to be an official card by Beckett, so if you were to send them one will they consider grading it?
And does anybody know whether a reputable company even make these cards, (1980's companies such as StarAd, Star, etc.).
Im really interested to hear what the general public can relay to me in reagrds to this matter, because I sometimes see them go for $20+ on ebay and it just freaks me out that hardly any information is ever provided in the listing descriptions when they're on ebay however everybody wants to bid on them.
Thanks for all the assistance I can gather. -MIKE

84 usa.jpg

I've got one. Got it off ebay for less then a buck.
Theres no information about the manufactors of the card on either the front or the back.
I always assumed it was made by Star.

Its not star and its not 1985. Its a cheap promo card from one of those dodgey card makers such as ballstreet etc. Beckett mag wont list it but its still a trading card. Its cardboard featuring a player after all.

Just found out something interesting about the card.
There are 2 copies of this card floating around, the original and the reprint.
The original has 12 stars on both sides of the card, adding together to make 24.
The reprint has 11 stars on both sides, making up 22 stars.
If you see one on ebay, count the stars to see if it is an original or a reprint.

Mine is the 12 star version :)

Example of the reprint
MINT MICHAEL JORDAN 1984 USA OLYMPIC GOLD ROOKIE CARD - eBay Singles 1980-89, Basketball-NBA, Cards, Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop. (end time 17-Apr-09 23:37:37 AEST)

I can't see to find an original on ebay, and I can't scan my one to show you one with 12 stars since my scanner is not working.

There are 2 copies of this card floating around, the original and the reprint.
The original has 12 stars on both sides of the card, adding together to make 24.
The reprint has 11 stars on both sides, making up 22 stars.
If you see one on ebay, count the stars to see if it is an original or a reprint.

man that info dude is priceless. good on ya mate. so after all this though, would the 24 in total printed stars version be worth tryin to buy one?? or are these cards basically the so called 'oddball' cards?? And also about the 24 star version, any one know how much they go 4 on ebay?? cheerio to all

Back
Top Bottom