Anyone know cheap stores (online too) to buy wine/champagne?

exzibit3

Old school baby!
Real Name
exzibit3
Title says it all, a friend is having a wedding in November and I wanted to buy some champagne/wine for all her guests and her. It's only a small do, probably around 70 people so I'm thinking 24 bottles should be enough? That's approx. a bottle per 3 people? Anyone know a good cheap retailer, online or in the WA region would be great... :thumbsup: Oh, and recommendations for wines/champagne would be nice too.

Well we don't call all good wheat beers Hoegaarden do we. Only it comes from Hoegaarden like Champagne comes from the Champagne region

Don't know about perth but we have plenty of cleanskin warehouses where you can get a great deal on two cases of wine cheap. Most of the time Dan's is cheaper than the celler door but wouldn't some of your great wineries on the WA coast ship and you are drinking local stuff doing your bit for the planet as well.

How good does this sparkling have to be? (the term champagne is no longer applicable because of those EU stooges!!)

Was thinking of Moet Chandon initially. I was told the Rose Imperial is supposed to be very good but at $100 per bottle, that comes up to $2400 for 2 dozen, eeeeeps...so, may have to re-adjust my the budget accordingly, around $30-$50 a bottle is probably a bit more in the ballpark, and prosecco was suggested as an alternative.

This came up at the top of google search.

WA Cleanskin Cellars :: Online Ordering of Quality Cleanskin Wines, Perth, Western Australian Wine Dealer

If you are worried about cleanskin labels soak them off and get creative and put on a label for them with meaning for the day.

Thanks fer the link chad! I didn't even know what cleanskin wines were until I read the website. Seems interesting and I like the idea of a custom label, I'll toss that idea into the mix and will discuss it with another friend who's going to split the cost with me. :thumbsup:

haha@Cleanskins, u might as well wring out your sweaty cock strap...lol Still with something nice and easy like Yellow, chicks dig it and guys will drink it after a few beers...lol

Clearskins that bad huh? :D How's Chandon or Pol Gresner? Are they fairly palatable products or pretty nasty stuff?

Clearskins that bad huh? :D How's Chandon or Pol Gresner? Are they fairly palatable products or pretty nasty stuff?

Yeah cleanskins are pretty cheap and nasty, they are about $6 a bottle instore. I have never actually had any wine at all but i would in a bottle o and when the Chandon is on special man does it sell well, as for the Pol Gresner not really sure as i havent heard to much about it. Pol Gresner may be a bit iffy tho cos its top shelf price but thats because its imported so really u r paying the price because of where it comes from not cos of the product itself, could be good but if i had to choose i would go with the Chandon. Just my 2c.

get 4 cases of brown brother zibbibo, theres a white and rose, its only $17 a bottle and its sparkling. I would quote you what you could get it for at liquorland but im on holidays :thumbsup:

ADDED: Starting next wednesday LL has buy 5 get the 6th free so you would be looking at about $340ish for 24 bottles of zibbibo

Yeah cleanskins are pretty cheap and nasty, they are about $6 a bottle instore. I have never actually had any wine at all but i would in a bottle o and when the Chandon is on special man does it sell well, as for the Pol Gresner not really sure as i havent heard to much about it. Pol Gresner may be a bit iffy tho cos its top shelf price but thats because its imported so really u r paying the price because of where it comes from not cos of the product itself, could be good but if i had to choose i would go with the Chandon. Just my 2c.

So you have never had wine but you say all cleanskins taste crap :ermm::-k:-k

Some of the blends are terrible or below par but Australia is full of great wines from great regions available in cleanskins where you don't pay for the label on the bottle :thumbsup:

And the best selling beer in the bottle shop is VB, Tooheys, XXXX etc etc. Does that make it the best beer available?? Not even close.

Some of the blends are terrible or below par but Australia is full of great wines from great regions available in cleanskins where you don't pay for the label on the bottle :thumbsup:

And the best selling beer in the bottle shop is VB, Tooheys, XXXX etc etc. Does that make it the best beer available?? Not even close.

not to mention that alot of the cleanskins are sitting right next to the bottles with EXACTLY the same wine from the same winery

I didnt say they are all crap, just havent really heard anything great about them, i've been work with and selling wine for 4 years now so i get enough feed back to know whats what. Anyone someone can turn around and say Zibibbo is crap but it really comes down to personal taste. As for the beer who's to say what your going to like? Ive had people tell me that Moet Chandon tastes worse than cleanskins does that make cleanskins better? We know your a grog monster chad but damn :p

BTW i'm locking up my shop now and not looking back :p

get 4 cases of brown brother zibbibo, theres a white and rose, its only $17 a bottle and its sparkling. I would quote you what you could get it for at liquorland but im on holidays :thumbsup:

ADDED: Starting next wednesday LL has buy 5 get the 6th free so you would be looking at about $340ish for 24 bottles of zibbibo

Thanks for the info, especially on LL :thumbsup: Checked out their website, looks pretty good, and it's cheap for around $14/bottle...might pick up a bottle to start off with and do some tasting :D But will keep it in mind!

going to need more than 1 bottle per 3 people hahaha.......just my thoughts

:D Wasn't sure how many people were going to go hard on the liquor hehe I didn't want to have stacks of the stuff around! But since I can get a refund, definitely will buy more :D

I didnt say they are all crap, just havent really heard anything great about them, i've been work with and selling wine for 4 years now so i get enough feed back to know whats what. Anyone someone can turn around and say Zibibbo is crap but it really comes down to personal taste. As for the beer who's to say what your going to like? Ive had people tell me that Moet Chandon tastes worse than cleanskins does that make cleanskins better? We know your a grog monster chad but damn :p

BTW i'm locking up my shop now and not looking back :p

Yeh, I understand that yer passing on the information that yer customers are giving ya. But chad's just pointing out that its probably too much of a generalization that all clearskins are bad, which is more than fair enough. I think it takes someone with a keen sense of taste (which I unfortunately don't) to recognise a good wine.

As someone from the wine industry I suggest that you don't risk with cleanskins.

While they are not crap they are generally inferior, which is why they are cleanskins.

Not saying they are faulty or anything, but generally they will lack character and depth.

Then again, if there are not going to be any wine buffs at this wedding then cleanskins could be precisely what the doctor ordered!

Then again, if there are not going to be any wine buffs at this wedding then cleanskins could be precisely what the doctor ordered!

Thats why I recomended it :thumbsup: For the big function where it will all just go down the hatch and everyone parties on it will save them a fair bit. Weddings cost enough already :eek:

If its a sit down formal thing and the brides mum and dad are wine buffs get a decent bottle wine.

And yeah there are some bad beers no matter what people say. I used to say there was never bad beer, only beer you didn't like then I tasted Tooheys extra dry, Boags st George :p

Plenty of real Aussie owned beers to drink instead so too sparkling whites instead of drinking imports.

:thumbsup:

Good luck mate. Weddings can be chaos at the best of times to organise

how about a few bottles of passion pop :lol:

had a friend of the family who used to get wasted on that stuff every new years

plenty of bad beers out there, agree 100# on that St George crap *cringes*, some of the smaller mobs make some of the best stuff

Title says it all, a friend is having a wedding in November and I wanted to buy some champagne/wine for all her guests and her. It's only a small do, probably around 70 people so I'm thinking 24 bottles should be enough? That's approx. a bottle per 3 people? Anyone know a good cheap retailer, online or in the WA region would be great... :thumbsup: Oh, and recommendations for wines/champagne would be nice too.
We have some great quality wines and sparklings at https://winenutt.com.au we are happy to recommend wine - we would recommend the Grumpy Goose or Wildeside in the bubbles they have both a Sauvignon Blanc and Sparkling. For 70 people we would recommend at least 24 bottles. Our wines are up to 70% off and come directly from the winemakers. We deliver Australia Wide.

Back
Top Bottom