Anyone dealt with this before? (eBay)

1980bust

OzCardTrader
Real Name
G
So, story goes.

Sold a card to a US buyer and shipped early Feb.

A week later the item arrives in the US, and disappears completely. After opening Aus Post case and telling the buyer to wait so I can find out what's going on, he opens a case and eBay forces a refund a couple of weeks ago.

Now - the card resurfaces a few days ago, and is delivered to him, after he's already been refunded.

I contact him asking what he wants to do, and he says he's already bought a raw replacement and sent it to PSA, so he'll keep the one I sent but only refund a portion of the refund back to me because of the wait and how he doesn't really need the card now.

This feels like a complete copout to me, so I told him he should have marked it RTS, and the only option if he wants to keep it is to pay the full amount again.

If he keeps this game going, I know I can appeal the refund decision now with eBay, but anyone else ever had this happen to them?

Lodged an appeal with delivery evidence and the buyer's message as mentioned above. Got this in response: :mad:

"Hi 1980bust,​
After reviewing this case, we decided to keep the original outcome. We weren't able to grant your appeal because we determined the original decision was correct.​
You won't receive a refund for this case."​

I'm waiting for his response to my point about the only option being for him to pay the full amount, since he's keeping the card.

If he keeps playing games I'll post username. IDGAF. He's in the US though, so probably not doing too much Aussie buying.:(

I had a similar thing happen during Covid.

I was refunded after the item was shown as delivered about 3 months later.

Definitely call the guy out.

Here's his message that not even eBay would accept my appeal to their forced refund based on :crazy:

IMG_8687.jpg

Dumpster fire.

It’s like they can’t use common sense, it’s just straight up following a preset playbook and ignore any other info provided. Not surprised any more.

Something similar happened to me a couple years back when the pandemic first begun.

USPS had stopped scanning packages, buyer got a full refund and listed the card for sale on eBay a day after. Same serial number clearly visible, and beyond any doubt he received the card. He refused to do the right thing saying tracking doesn't show delivered.

I appealed the decision to eBay and they told me to go file a police report. Talking to them as a seller is a complete waste of time.

OK - after a few more rounds of back and forth without me budging, the buyer has paid for the item.

Since I last posted here:

- I posted about this on Blowout, they didn't like it there either.
- Someone on Blowout told the buyer about the post (lmao)
- Buyer told me it "wasn't cool" to make the post and "badmouth him", WHILE STILL offering me a reduced price for the item because unknown reasons
- I reminded buyer of 2 options; those being pay in full or return card
- Buyer says they don't read Blowout and don't have time for this anymore, so to just tell him where to send the money
- Buyer sends money and asks me to delete Blowout post because he's getting hate messages from people who've seen it
- I haven't deleted the post because fuck this guy

All in all, great success calling these dickheads out for what they are.

Back
Top Bottom