Anybody read or collect comics?

Dangerskillz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Stephan
hey,

Im a bit of a keen comic book reader...want to know anybody else that shares the passion

Last couple of comics i've read
  • The Pro (very adult..and super funny)
  • Ghost from Modern Warfare 2 comics (6 issue series)
  • Serenity: Better Days (written by Whedon)
  • Star Wars Adventures: Luke Skywalker and the Treasure of the Dragon Snakes (signed by Tom Taylor at Supanova :p)
  • Predators prequel and sequal comics

Other then that previously reading and collectin The Gunslinger: Dark Tower and Marvel Zombies.

So what do you guys read/ collect?

I havent read a comic for years, but have a nice stash of simpsons/bartman/radioactive man/itchy and scratchy/batman comics from the 90s still tucked away...
Alway been curious what the new jenna jameson comics are like though...

Big Transformers G1/Movie comic fan. Also have the re-vamped GI Joe stuff and Stephen King's Dark Tower comics - loved the DT books, can't wait for the movies.

I havent read a comic for years, but have a nice stash of simpsons/bartman/radioactive man/itchy and scratchy/batman comics from the 90s still tucked away...
Alway been curious what the new jenna jameson comics are like though...

gotta love the old comics...I got old Mortal Kombat comics stashed away that i collected back around 94-95. I use to read them over and over..

---------- Post added 04-08-2010 at 08:20 AM ----------

Big Transformers G1/Movie comic fan. Also have the re-vamped GI Joe stuff and Stephen King's Dark Tower comics - loved the DT books, can't wait for the movies.
I read a few of the Transformer comics...i really got to pick up All Hail Megatron written by Shane McCarthy (local writer) ..

I love Dark Tower....cant wait for any movies either...apparentley Ron Howard is directing last i heard...

Im a fan of spawn comic, not a popular one but love the story line and the drawing. Missing a few issues between 130-140, otherwise got most of it.

I'm a Phantom phan, got about 700 tucked away. Not all that interested in the newer Swedish/Scandanavian stories, much prefer the old school Lee Falk/Sy Barry issues.

One of my fave items is an original printing plate from issue #536 "The Pampered Princess", released in 1974:

cell1.jpg

Phantom 536 cover.jpg

cell2.jpg

cell3.jpg

cell4.jpg

cell5.jpg

Cool phantom printing plate mate.

how many issues of Phanton are there now?

About 1600 now i think.

Most of mine are between #500-1300 (1974-2001)....#183 is the earliest i've got which dates back to 1961.

i have a few starwars comics.. want to get back into it :)

i recommend Star Wars: Visionaries

Just for the first story alone. It's set basically between III and IV on Tatooine and its Darth Maul (now with a cyborg bottom half) arriving on the Skywalker Farm after finally tracking down Obi-Wan and fighting him one more time.

cyborgdarthmaul.jpg

---------- Post added 04-08-2010 at 09:55 PM ----------

About 1600 now i think.

Most of mine are between #500-1300 (1974-2001)....#183 is the earliest i've got which dates back to 1961.

wow....how much does issue number 1 go for?

is there a picture of Issue #1?
when did it start?

i recommend Star Wars: Visionaries

Just for the first story alone. It's set basically between III and IV on Tatooine and its Darth Maul (now with a cyborg bottom half) arriving on the Skywalker Farm after finally tracking down Obi-Wan and fighting him one more time.

cyborgdarthmaul.jpg

---------- Post added 04-08-2010 at 09:55 PM ----------

wow....how much does issue number 1 go for?

is there a picture of Issue #1?
when did it start?

ohhh nice! anything new with battleships and dog fights? with the old school xwings and tie fighters??

Frew have published the Phantom for over 60 years - the longest running Phantom publisher in the world.

#1 was produced in 1948, and a mint copy would be worth around $20K.

There was a reprint of #1 released in 1991 with the 100th issue, however it is such a good replica that they are often mistaken for the real thing. With subsequent early reprints Frew put a barcode and printed on the replica that it was a replica.

Here is a pic of an original #1 from 1948:

frew0001.jpg

no dogfight comics in it sorry...cool vechile and landscape potraits in it though! plenty of other stories.

The only one i am reading at the moment is The Amory Wars. I also have read stuff like From Hell but that thing is a bit bigger then your normal comic book haha.

Frew have published the Phantom for over 60 years - the longest running Phantom publisher in the world.

#1 was produced in 1948, and a mint copy would be worth around $20K.

There was a reprint of #1 released in 1991 with the 100th issue, however it is such a good replica that they are often mistaken for the real thing. With subsequent early reprints Frew put a barcode and printed on the replica that it was a replica.

Here is a pic of an original #1 from 1948:

wow thats nuts! not as old as my Grandad but still :)

I started collecting comics in the early 90's. Mostly Captain America, Avengers, West Coast Avengers.
Have a truck load of comics from the mid-late 90s.

Later on, I got more into Vertigo comics.
Loved Preacher and Sandman. Have re-read both many times.

Sandman is definately the best series I have ever read and is something that I would continue to re-read every couple of years or so!

Most recent thing I have read is the "Ultimate Galactus" trilogy. Was really good ;)

I have not read a comic for quite some time but do have a few 1st issues put aside :) wolverine series fm the 90's #d 1-10 plus x-men. Had heaps that got destroyed in a mini flood at a house I lived at in the 90's. Sad day that was :( So many nice comics lost that day. Spiderman holograms covers , silver surfer rare ones ,x-men issue 1 to over 60, wolverine 1- 60+ all lost :(

Back
Top Bottom