Any other Trail Blazers fans out there?

Yawnie

BlazerMania is back!!!!
Real Name
Eric
eBay User
Yawnie8848
And i have been a trail blazers fan since i was a kid so im not jumping on any bandwagons! :lol:

First NBA game i saw on TV was blazers/pistons in the finals, and i was a big admirer of drexler/kersey/porter, been a big fan ever since. :D

Been a bit quiet though over the past few seasons, though things are definately looking up :thumbsup:

I'm not a huge fan of them but I definately support their youth movement.

I am a huge personal fan of Brandon Roy, but I think Aldridge has been a bit soft so far, unless his boards + blocks go up this year I will always think of him as a softie who killed the NCAA in boards and blocks in college but settled for 7 boards and 1.5 blocks in the league.

I love their youth movement though, keen to see how Oden goes and definately a fan of Travis Outlaw, Steve Blake, Sergio Rodriguez and newly acquired Rudy Fernandez.

i was a fan of them in 1999 and 2000...was exciting when they got Pippen and Steve Smith...if only they held on in game 7 in the west finals against the lakers.....god....still can't beleive they lost that game...

yea that was unbelievable, i think some blazer fans are still bleeding over that, i truly believed they would have won it that year if they had won game 7.

yea that was unbelievable, i think some blazer fans are still bleeding over that, i truly believed they would have won it that year if they had won game 7.

Just like how Miami would have back to back championships if they had won Game 7 vs Detroit in 2005.

Shame Wade was injured though...

But enough of that haha. Rudy Fernandez, Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge, Greg Oden, Jared Bayless etc.. Trailblazers are stacked with young talent!

honestly.....with Greg Oden sitting out his first year. It has given Lamarcus Aldridge a year to improve his skills and develop and get shots...and it has seriously paid off. now bring in Oden and see how he copes with NBA basketball night in and night out. I don't expect big numbers from Oden, but i do expect wins

Oden will have an impact in the paint, where the blazers had a bit of a problem last year, he should also have an effect on rebounding, coz the blazers had a negative rebounding % last year. Im not really expecting him to be an offensive force yet, 10 points 10 boards and 1-2 blocks per game would be fine :)

less pressure though for oden, milwaukee was not good before bogut got there and he was number one, trail blazers are already respectable and they have przbilla already, so he wont be thrust into heavy minutes/responsibilities early.

but hes definately a lock for all rookie team!

hard to know what the trail blazers will do with bayless, i can see broy doing most of the ball handling and bayless being more a scorer.

Happy to say that I am jumping on the bandwagon! They are certainly my second favourite team behind the Suns ... and I honest think they'll claim the mantle this year of the most exciting team in basketball to watch.

Just following their development will be fantastic. Their GM deserves all the accolades imaginable for doing the job he has!

Suns look a lot better in the half court now, shaq + amare is too much for most teams to handle, throw in great shooters like nash/bell, all rounders like hill/diaw/barbosa, and suns can contend again this year!!

Oden will have an impact in the paint, where the blazers had a bit of a problem last year, he should also have an effect on rebounding, coz the blazers had a negative rebounding % last year. Im not really expecting him to be an offensive force yet, 10 points 10 boards and 1-2 blocks per game would be fine :)

true that.

even if he doesn't average 10/10 and 2 blocks he'll still be a bit time force whose value will go far beyond the box sheet.

realistically you have a lamarcus aldridge who will probably go for 19 and 9 this year, so if Oden averages 12 points, 7 boards and 2 blocks that will be enough.

the fact of the matter is he'll hold down the fort defensively and probably shoot around 60% from the floor he'll be getting dwight-like looks.

can't wait to see how he goes..really looking forward to the season. Oden and Rose ..two # 1 picks in their rookie year!...how often can you say that? haha

can't wait to see how he goes..really looking forward to the season. Oden and Rose ..two # 1 picks in their rookie year!...how often can you say that? haha

definately! add beasley as well, its possibly the hardest ROY to call since ghill/jkidd :woot:

although i reckon beasley has a higher ceiling than rose, his attitude could be the issue :blink:

na Drexler played well in the 92 finals....never forget Jordan's stare on Cliff Robinson in game 1 after 6 3pointers...

Back
Top Bottom