Any other Hobby interests???

The Truth

Banned User
Real Name
Brad
O.k. just thought I'd see if anyone here some some sort of other Hobby interest apart from cards?
I like to build plastic model car kits. Well, I try to, don't get much time now because cards take up all of it, lol!

I used ot collect comics and have quite a large collection of rare and standard comics. Still read some today but they cost too much so don't buy. Have some cool graphic novels. Too hard to sell in Australia coz there aren't many collectors around.

well playing guitar, but that goes beyond hobby, more a way of life. i used to collect comics and lots of different types of cards: movie, tv, comic cards etc.
i collect dvds, have about 300.

I used to collect 1:43 scale die cast model cars, mainly 50's & 60's American Classics and Muscle Cars. Collected all brands; Matchbox, Corgi, Solido, Franklin Mint. Picked up a whole suitcase full of the Franklin Mint brand from a shop in Las Vegas (no it wasn't a pawn shop) when I was there two years ago. Have no idea how many I have, must have close to 100 if not more. They are all in their original boxes, most have never been displayed.

My other hobby besides collecting Iverson is aviation. I still collect 1:400 diecast aircraft models. They're a beaut!

Used to collect comics.... Jaguar model cars and I am always buying music cds....

Mostly just focusing on basketball and AFL cards now.... the card hobby is too expensive to focus on much else with my obsessiveness heehee

Cool collections! I have a small DVD collection of my own going aswell Jezza. I have roughly 60 at the moment! I never really got into comics, but I also have some diecast cars. Mainly 1:24, 1:18 stuff.

i used to collect comics mostly xmen and others like xfactor and i collect illustrated books like dragonology and wizardology and books on dragons i think they are actually in the kids section but they are way to nice to give to kids they are the ones with the really nice illustrations in them, also any fantasy and horror books also i do taekidokai which i love to death about as much as i love my bball( maybe more since bball is kinda pissin me off at the moment) oh and also collecting all the Sailor Moon DVD's and i bodyboard too

I'm still collecting comics. Have been since I was around 8 years old. I'm slowing down now and only collecting a few titles.
I collect Beastie Boys cd's. I try and get all the different versions from different countries that have an extra track or different tracklisting etc. So far I have over 60 and counting.
I've got heaps of dvds, some I've bought and haven't even watched yet but I don't count that as a collection as I usually get bored with them and give them away.
And Evil Dead, I collect anything Evil Dead..

Now here's a little story, I've got to tell about three bad brothers...
Sorry, got caught up in funkadelics Beastie Boys comment :)
I collect cricket items
Books mainly, also signed stuff, old bats, caps, stuff like that
It's my major hobby, but basketball comes a fairly close second

lockymac said:
Now here's a little story, I've got to tell about three bad brothers...
Sorry, got caught up in funkadelics Beastie Boys comment :)
I collect cricket items
Books mainly, also signed stuff, old bats, caps, stuff like that
It's my major hobby, but basketball comes a fairly close second

Hmm perhaps you might be interested in some signed cards I have... they were personally signed.... no COA or anything... but I have Craig McDermott, Ian Healy and a few others. Very nice autographs on Futura 1994 cards.

Have a Ponting one too, but won't ever part with that hehehe.

i work on remote controlled machines. gas powered cars are my speciallty but i like to tinker with helicopters and planes and even boats. at the moment i have my car in about 200 different pieces. i hate it when you get sh*t in the components and have to clean it. well not really :)

Funkadelic said:
I'm still collecting comics. Have been since I was around 8 years old. I'm slowing down now and only collecting a few titles.
I collect Beastie Boys cd's. I try and get all the different versions from different countries that have an extra track or different tracklisting etc. So far I have over 60 and counting.
I've got heaps of dvds, some I've bought and haven't even watched yet but I don't count that as a collection as I usually get bored with them and give them away.
And Evil Dead, I collect anything Evil Dead..

nice work on the beasties collection, i used to be the same with RATM, wanted to get every lp, ep, bootleg etc i could afford, some of those rarer Jap ones cost a shitload though!

and have you read the 2 bruce campbell books, "Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way" and "If Chins Could Kill; confessions of a b-movie actor"? both are very awesome, highly recommended!

yeah an avid collector of DVDS and CDS.

got maybe 150+ DVDS
and about 60 cds

nothing better than owning orignal copies. i like to buy them not burn them.
if its a standard movie/album that i like but wouldnt buy then id defiantly get it burnt.

and i also collect metal merchandise and AFL products

RC cars for me.. havnt been really able to get into it recently tho which is a shame.. and love my fishing.. i guess it's kinda a hobby

Yeah, same as most others. Comics (The Phanton, MAD & Simpsons), CD's (approx 400) & DVD's (including complete Buffy, Angel, Futurama & X-Files boxsets).

Generally they come at the expense of the other. Currently am spending on cards, so not spending too much on CDs or DVDs.

clarkescards said:
Yeah, same as most others. Comics (The Phanton, MAD & Simpsons), CD's (approx 400) & DVD's (including complete Buffy, Angel, Futurama & X-Files boxsets).

Generally they come at the expense of the other. Currently am spending on cards, so not spending too much on CDs or DVDs.

Very nice. I want to get the X Files myself, currently have about half of Buffy - haven't started on Angel yet though.

Have all of Xena though hehe

Back
Top Bottom