Another site newbie, but card old hand

graymice

Collects Aussies in the USA (MLB, NBA, NFL, WNBA)
Real Name
Adam
eBay User
graymice
G’day, my name’s Adam and have just joined up to the site. Have been collecting VFL/AFL and other Aussie cards since the early eighties, but have also dabbled in a fair bit of other stuff. It’s possible that some people may have had contact with me in some shape or form over the years. On Ebay, I also go by Graymice – used to do a lot of card selling on their 4 or 5 years ago, but have been quiet for quite a while.

I had one of the first Aussie Rules sites on the Internet, called Bouncedown, and wrote and maintained the FAQ for the rec.sports.football.australian newsgroup back in the early to mid nineties. There are still references to me if you do a search on the Internet for an Aussie Rules FAQ.

I also used to regularly have a stall at the Nexus Fairs in Perth in the late nineties, although I used to stock mainly Star Wars collectables at those, but I did clear out a lot of my old VFL cards at those as well.

I was a rep for the American card company Decipher, and was heavily involved with the Star Wars CCG community for quite a while in the late nineties too.

One of my other interests is in Aussie sportsmen in the US major sports leagues. I ran a website for about 4 or 5 years – Best of Both Worlds - that listed every Aussie who’d been in the NBA, WNBA, NFL and MLB, as well as illustrated checklists of every card these guys & girls had. Unfortunately, a change in job and a move from Perth to Canberra meant I no longer had time to keep that up and running, so that too has kind of fallen off the radar.

So in a nutshell, my collecting interests are:
• Patching holes in my older AFL/VFL collections
• Getting West Coast Eagles cards (and building the occasional set) for my 6 year old son.
• Filling holes in my Star Wars CCG collection
• Adding to my collection of cards of Aussies who’ve made it into the NBA, WNBA, NFL and MLB

Looking forward to doing a bit of trading – mainly just commons – I don’t go for the $$$ cards – to try and patch up a few holes here and there.

cheers,

Adam
Insert mildly amusing tag line here

Welcome mate! :wave:

I remember trading some Longley and Anstey cards with you several years ago, via your old website you mentioned.

Hope you enjoy your time here and manage to fill some of the gaps in your collection. :thumbsup:

Welcome mate would LOVE to see some pics of your star wars ccg collection if you get the chance.

I've never been a high roller on buying cards, so the Star Wars CCG collection is pretty extensive, but is still missing some of the late high end stuff, such as some of the prequel Alternate Image cards ... but still, also got some pretty cool stuff - I was working on trying to complete the Japanese version of the Hoth expansion at one point. Oh, and about 6-7,000 spare cards for deck making. :D

lotsofblack.jpg

Hi Adam. I remember your website as well.

I'd definately be interested in your Aussie MLB players. Don't have much left to trade though. I could part with some Boguts/Longly/Anstey's though...Love the Jeff Williams card.

Ahhh newsgroups. I remember them well :)

Stay around!

Mark.

G'day Adam!

I guess you had to stop working on that website becuase your actually having to work......at work! (lol)
Good for you mate but you know Perth is the place to be........Yeah you can tell I'm back in Perth can't you :D
Welcome aboard anyways me old car-pooling mate ;)

Hi all just joined up thanks to allstar cards giving me the website after buying a box of 2008 rookie premiere of him and when I openedit out popped a Darren McFadden auto will sap it for a felix jones one if anyone has one
also looking for Dallas Cowboys cards and I have a big collection of them from 1990-now gu autos and rookies

Back
Top Bottom