Another eBay issue

jkidd05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Michael
Buyer buys a raw card and claims I sent him an off centered card that will not grade high and is demanding a refund. He received the exact card shown in the listing.

Do I have a chance or should I just take the loss and block the loser?

Last edited:
Well you're going to end up with his off centered card if he returns it, so it's a no win situation.

He will claim not as described and eBay will agree.

Yeah I figured it would be the case. Was hoping there was another way. I guess I’ll just cop it and block him.

there is no condition issue with the card, as in there is no damage. his claim is that it will not “grade well” due to printing inconsistencies that no one can control.

Yeah I figured it would be the case. Was hoping there was another way. I guess I’ll just cop it and block him.

there is no condition issue with the card, as in there is no damage. his claim is that it will not “grade well” due to printing inconsistencies that no one can control.
That might be your saving grace. You're not meant to know or care about grading.

Maybe eBay will side your way because you provided pictures and can't be forced to pay due to a buyers future use for said item

Isn't this the risk the buyer takes when buying raw? Like look at the pictures taken and you should be able to easily decide wether it's off centered or not. Is he a pro grader? This is absolutely the buyers problem

I spoke to eBay just then and they said if he is unable to prove that the item is damaged, then he would be liable to pay return shipping.

My worry is that, from past experience, eBay will accept the "not as described" claim regardless whether the buyer is telling the truth or not.

In the card community, majority of us understand that we can't assume the position of a professional grader, let alone, making sellers accountable if a card POTENTIALLY will not grade well, but I'm not sure if eBay will have the common sense.

I spoke to eBay just then and they said if he is unable to prove that the item is damaged, then he would be liable to pay return shipping.

My worry is that, from past experience, eBay will accept the "not as described" claim regardless whether the buyer is telling the truth or not.

In the card community, majority of us understand that we can't assume the position of a professional grader, let alone, making sellers accountable if a card POTENTIALLY will not grade well, but I'm not sure if eBay will have the common sense.

He will just ship his off centered card back. Ridiculous.

Surely by now eBay is wise to the 'buy to grade' return scam? Actually, on second thought...

In other eBay news, there's one buyer in Australia who consistently sends me messages with what he tells me is the price he'll pay, but never an actual offer. Recently he accepted an offer I sent out, then messaged me to tell me I better give him a "great price" on other cards he wanted. And by great price, he meant 15% of listing price.

So, naturally I wait for him to submit actual offers on the ones he wanted - he never does. These days, I'm super trigger-happy on cancelling unpaid orders for 'buyer has not paid' because fuck these time-wasters - they can take the strike, I don't care. So I did, and then days later he sends me another message asking why I never sent him offers on the other cards he wanted, and also why I cancelled the unpaid item.

Turns out he has too many unpaid items to be able to make offers/bids on my stuff, so that's why he was waiting for me to cater to his hopelessness.

Fuck these people right in the ear.

Last edited:
Surely by now eBay is wise to the 'buy to grade' return scam? Actually, on second thought...

In other eBay news, there's one buyer in Australia who consistently sends me messages with what he tells me is the price he'll pay, but never an actual offer. Recently he accepted an offer I sent out, then messaged me to tell me I better give him a "great price" on other cards he wanted. And by great price, he meant 15% of listing price.

So, naturally I wait for him to submit actual offers on the ones he wanted - he never does. These days, I'm super trigger-happy on cancelling unpaid orders for 'buyer has not paid' because f*** these time-wasters - they can take the strike, I don't care. So I did, and then days later he sends me another message asking why I never sent him offers on the other cards he wanted, and also why I cancelled the unpaid item.

Turns out he has too many unpaid items to be able to make offers/bids on my stuff, so that's why he was waiting for me to cater to his hopelessness.

f*** these people right in the ear.

Block "blocked bidders" from contacting you on ebay! problem solved

Update-

Advised loser buyer he can ship the item back if he is unhappy, and as per eBay policy he has to cover shipping fees.

His response- I'm a piece of sh*t liar who purposely sent him an off centered card and gave me negative feedback :rolleyes:

Not sure what possible gain would I get from running a $8 scam lol. But whatever.😩

Update-

Advised loser buyer he can ship the item back if he is unhappy, and as per eBay policy he has to cover shipping fees.

His response- I'm a piece of sh*t liar who purposely sent him an off centered card and gave me negative feedback :rolleyes:

Not sure what possible gain would I get from running a $8 scam lol. But whatever.😩
got an ebay id (dm plz)? i will block

Back
Top Bottom