Andrew johns traders signature card

Must have been away working when this storage locker crap went down, anyone got info on it.
this is a reply back from another thread regarding Andrew johns cards.

I have spent the last 24 hrs relocating & securing my collection due to the fact that my name has been bandied aound the country side for all to see.
What was said between the NRL & ESP would have been under damage control conditions with everyone trying to cover their own anal orifices.
The precedent has now been set with the error & the procedure ESP has outlined to you for redeeming error cards cannot work to the fullest satisfaction of the collector for the simple reason that you can have any number you want with Mums nail polish remover & a marker pen, until such times as there is an accompanying COA for both redeemed & held cards we'll have doubt & suspicion & even then whilst ever marker pen is used to number cards there will always be that shadow of doubt
In the meantime I will be keeping my error Number 1. & error Number 7

Like Like Quote Reply

I have spent the last 24 hrs relocating & securing my collection due to the fact that my name has been bandied aound the country side for all to see.
What was said between the NRL & ESP would have been under damage control conditions with everyone trying to cover their own anal orifices.
The precedent has now been set with the error & the procedure ESP has outlined to you for redeeming error cards cannot work to the fullest satisfaction of the collector for the simple reason that you can have any number you want with Mums nail polish remover & a marker pen, until such times as there is an accompanying COA for both redeemed & held cards we'll have doubt & suspicion & even then whilst ever marker pen is used to number cards there will always be that shadow of doubt

Like Like Quote Reply

and so where did the recent number 1 of Andrew johns legend card come from if it was recently on ebay for sale.
And was it a error card or the replacement number 1.
Anyone got any pics of it from listing.
There is something really fishy going on with this.

and so where did the recent number 1 of Andrew johns legend card come from if it was recently on ebay for sale.
The one listed was the replacement card Dave.

Or someone has got hold of a blank correction/replacement card and penned "1" on it? Hopefully not a pile of blank cards. It's not like there have not been a lot of sample or unnumbered cards from later series on eBay recently from a very small number of sellers. They would be more likely to find a pile of blank correction cards because all the error cards would have been distributed in packets - making the error cards "safe".

This is purely speculation on my part. Please do not take the suggestion as gospel!

Here is the card

1A7C1166-E88F-411D-9B74-409FD55B7631.png

Or someone has got hold of a blank correction/replacement card and penned "1" on it? Hopefully not a pile of blank cards. It's not like there have not been a lot of sample or unnumbered cards from later series on eBay recently from a very small number of sellers. They would be more likely to find a pile of blank correction cards because all the error cards would have been distributed in packets - making the error cards "safe".

This is purely speculation on my part. Please do not take the suggestion as gospel!
The same someone who sold 5 2020 best and less master sets
and only sells case cards no commons or minor inserts

Dumpster episode.....what was that about?

This was the Police matter where a movers crate of TLA property went missing and items from this started appearing on the secondary market through an ebay seller.

My understanding was that the Police intervened and most if not all of the goods were recovered successfully.

This was the Police matter where a movers crate of TLA property went missing and items from this started appearing on the secondary market through an ebay seller.

My understanding was that the Police intervened and most if not all of the goods were recovered successfully.

Weren’t there multiple versions regarding this? The above being from TLA?

I had heard the cards were simply discarded into a bin while moving office and obtained that way.

Given the latest cloud over TLA’s integrity and their proven record of not really caring about the consumer, the latter is certainly feasible.

Are police involved in this latest incident? If not, why? It certainly seems that without an explanation from TLA regarding this that the items on eBay had to have been listed without their knowledge and therefore ‘unlawfully obtained.’

Weren’t there multiple versions regarding this? The above being from TLA?

I had heard the cards were simply discarded into a bin while moving office and obtained that way.

Given the latest cloud over TLA’s integrity and their proven record of not really caring about the consumer, the latter is certainly feasible.

Are police involved in this latest incident? If not, why? It certainly seems that without an explanation from TLA regarding this that the items on eBay had to have been listed without their knowledge and therefore ‘unlawfully obtained.’

It's still an ongoing Police matter that's why nothing has been communicated as yet. But the story is that a crate from the office move never made it to the new offices.

The items then started appearing on Ebay and other sites for sale (including here) and were quickly shut down.

I know someone who has had discussions directly with the Police on this and its still an ongoing matter.

It's still an ongoing Police matter that's why nothing has been communicated as yet. But the story is that a crate from the office move never made it to the new offices.

The items then started appearing on Ebay and other sites for sale (including here) and were quickly shut down.

I know someone who has had discussions directly with the Police on this and its still an ongoing matter.

Let’s hope that TLA provide some information on this latest debacle. It does nothing for consumer faith in their product based on what is being circulated.

Unfortunately TLA are not known to communicate well with collectors.

The fact that charges haven’t been preferred regarding the previous incident indicates it as not as clear cut as TLA have alleged.

How many Superheros sets are running around these days? Expecially #/6?
Let’s hope that TLA provide some information on this latest debacle. It does nothing for consumer faith in their product based on what is being circulated.

Unfortunately TLA are not known to communicate well with collectors.

The fact that charges haven’t been preferred regarding the previous incident indicates it as not as clear cut as TLA have alleged.
why the stuff was in a dumpster in the fist place is beyond me as was stated was a crate.
The person that owns the dumpster is refuting and claiming it was his property once removed from site, this is a big difference from a crate that was not delivered, hence why it is not resolved.
Think someone is telling a big porky pie to cover there arses.

1590189696698.gif Like Quote Reply

The number 1 and number 7 cards were sent to ESP in 2013
The number 1 and number 7 Error cards were sent to ESP in 2013 for replacement ( or so he says ) .....The replacement cards were also sent back after an investigation ....Terry sent out a statement back in 2013 regarding the cards .....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom