An evening with Fowler, Hamann & McAteer

BoondasH1

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Raj
I walked in expecting it to be a just a regular show from these greats of Liverpool, what we didn't expect, was this to be sooooooo hilarious.

I never knew McAteer was such a great presenter and such a funny bloke. He had the jokes coming all night and they all had a laugh having a dig at each other. They all had some funny stories to tell of their playing days and overall was a great insight as what it's like to play for a club like Liverpool. I would highly recommended seeing these guys if you ever get the chance.

Even got to see a few of the Carlton boys seated next to us; Zach Tuohy, Bryce Gibbs & some other player lol.

Here's a pic of the three (crap phone pic):

upload_2015-1-8_1-47-20.jpeg

Before the show they had a meet and greet with them. They are lovely lads, down to earth and real friendly. We were able to get a few things signed, we were told only one item per player, but they all signed more than one item and had time for us all. I took in a few cards and a few extra cards I was going to get signed (they were happy to do so if I wanted them to) however I asked Robbie if he would like to keep a card for himself, he replied:

"Is it rare, I love rare shit" lol.

It's from the same set that I gave a card to John Barnes to:

upload_2015-1-8_2-2-59.jpeg

Well after seeing that I gave Fowler this card, McAteer, was wondering if I had a spare one for him lol. Well I did two different cards of his, so I decided not to get one of them signed and rather give it to him. So here's the card I got signed (I don't have a pic of the card I gave him but it's from the same set):

upload_2015-1-8_2-5-46.jpeg

Unfortunately for Hamann I only had one card of his so he was cool about it. Funny thing was that I went through all my Liverpool base collection looking for a Hamann card. The closest I got was him in a Man City jersey. Lucky I found this in my collection:

upload_2015-1-8_2-12-54.jpeg

And GOD himself signed one for me too:

upload_2015-1-8_2-16-50.jpeg

I had a great night meeting and being entertained by them ;). Few other things I got from the night was:

I think South Australia have won the rights to host Liverpool this year

&

A certain cup that we have won a few times will be touring down here to celebrate the 10th anniversary ;)

Last edited:
Superb Raj. Fowler is such a top bloke which most wouldn't expect given his prowess we met him twice here in perth while he was with Glory. Always had time for a bit of banter!
I should expect for you as an LFC man, it was refreshing that they were all so cool to meet in person. Well done mate.

Thanks Dylan ;), I can't speak highly enough of him he's such a great bloke (all of the really) and you got to grace his presence twice.

Your not wrong there, cool people in person, such great personalities and funny presenters on stage. The best compliment I can give them, is that if they were ever to come back, I would go again.

Back
Top Bottom