Allan Border TTM

I think is ok! who cares was it says in a 100 years time! maybe your great grandson will be able to buy a house when he sells your PC Liam! Thats why i have my PC not to sell! some of the other stuff in my collection will probably get sold but not the Waugh PC. It will go to my Son ( Or nephew if i don't have kids)

Great Cards mate!

Sorry but I have to disagree with you completely on this one Liam.

Personally I wish all players would personalise sigs when they sign in person or through the mail - it would help to stop fakes as people could not possibly forge the whole message, and therefore improve the collectable market in general.

If you sent a personalised message through the mail Liam then isn't it a bit rich that you are getting annoyed that he took the time to send you a personalised response back??? I think you are very very lucky he is replying to you at all!

If I was AB or Steve Waugh and had 30 people a week (that's 1500 letters a year!!) sending me stuff to sign for free and knew they were planning to sell them for a profit......well all it would really do is devalue my own signature wouldn't it knowing that my signature is being sold on ebay by many of the people writing to me? Where is the incentive to reply to people if you know they are selling the sigs off and are using your sigs to turn a profit? A personalised response is a very nice touch and should be valued far higher than a plain sig IMHO.

Very interesting comments, I am really big on only purchasing authenticated items myself. My personal collection is 95% made up of authenticated items to ensure it's value (particularly Bradman and an increasing forged market).

Yeah it is a shame you wont get to sell them on ebay, maybe some one will trade you, or better still, put them away. It is amazing what time can bring for cards like that.

Liam, you are correct about some people making trickloads of cash from fans like us, but players do need to find a balance.

Anyway mate, i hope you next TTM is a better experience. I am new to TTm, how does one know the players addresses??

I am amazed by this.......

I guess that is why I had a bit of a spoiled child rant:p I am lucky to receive them!

LOL - I am an only child Liam so I can spot a spoiled child rant a mile away! :D

My views on TTMs probably differ from most...anyhow, unlike the AFL forum here, us cricket fans can learn to agree to disagree!!

Personally I wish all players would personalise sigs when they sign in person or through the mail - it would help to stop fakes as people could not possibly forge the whole message, and therefore improve the collectable market in general.

If you sent a personalised message through the mail Liam then isn't it a bit rich that you are getting annoyed that he took the time to send you a personalised response back??? I think you are very very lucky he is replying to you at all!

If I was AB or Steve Waugh and had 30 people a week (that's 1500 letters a year!!) sending me stuff to sign for free and knew they were planning to sell them for a profit......well all it would really do is devalue my own signature wouldn't it knowing that my signature is being sold on ebay by many of the people writing to me? Where is the incentive to reply to people if you know they are selling the sigs off and are using your sigs to turn a profit? A personalised response is a very nice touch and should be valued far higher than a plain sig IMHO.

Totally agree, i wish everyone would do it!!!

Couldn't agree more Brad! :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 10-12-2009 at 06:50 PM ----------

I am new to TTm, how does one know the players addresses??

I am amazed by this.......

Can anyone answer Hodgie on this? I'm interested to know too :)

---------- Post added 10-12-2009 at 06:56 PM ----------

Also a while back I asked AB to personalise a card in my son's name so that one day further down the track, when my son knows a thing or 2, I could pass it on to him, but the card came back just signed. I sent a card from my red set chase asking if he could add a #299 to it, and that came back just signed and then when I don't ask for it I get it LOL
I guess that is why I had a bit of a spoiled child rant:p I am lucky to receive them!

Don't take this the wrong way Liam but I can't believe you are complaining about actually getting a signed card from ALAN BORDER back not signed the way you want........very ungrateful IMHO I wouldn't even think about complaining........I am stunned at your response.

nice to see a few cards signed :) ive heard that he doesnt like signing too many cards at the one time. You can always remove the personalization if u wish:) but i like it myself:)

Geez your tough to please :lol:. If I got back my card autographed like that I would be chuffed. He has put more effort into signing the cards by adding a greeting.

And if he is doing it to prevent people from selling on ebay I applaud him. I personally think you should only get stuff signed if you want to keep it. If anyone should be making money of his auto's it should be him.

Back
Top Bottom