All-Stars vs '88 Team USA

Funkadelic

On Again, Off Again..
Real Name
Travis
eBay User
the_funkadelic
Here's a neat vid (and long) of some highlights of NBA All-Stars circa 87-88 including Jordan and Barkley playing an exhibition game against the 1988 USA Team that included David Robinson and Mitch Richmond. Very cool!

[YOUTUBE]A79y1JH10G0[/YOUTUBE]

I actually thought Zo was in the '88 team but maybe it was '84, we'll see anyway, good upload funk!

Zo was a member of the 1990 USA Team that played in the World Championships in Argentina. The rest of the team was: Chris Gatling, Christian Laettner, Henry Williams, Kenny Anderson, Todd Day, Lee Mayberry, Billy Owens, Mark Randall, Chris Smith, Doug Smith, Bryant Stith (Coach: Mike Krzyzewski) (Thanks Google :v:)

He was also a member of "Dream Team 2" in the 94 World Championships and the 2000 Olympic team, winning Gold both times.

And Jimbo, he would've been 14 or 15 in 1984.. :p

Zo was a member of the 1990 USA Team that played in the World Championships in Argentina. The rest of the team was: Chris Gatling, Christian Laettner, Henry Williams, Kenny Anderson, Todd Day, Lee Mayberry, Billy Owens, Mark Randall, Chris Smith, Doug Smith, Bryant Stith (Coach: Mike Krzyzewski) (Thanks Google :v:)

He was also a member of "Dream Team 2" in the 94 World Championships and the 2000 Olympic team, winning Gold both times.

And Jimbo, he would've been 14 or 15 in 1984.. :p

Yes, but we're talking about 1988, not 1984, I'm not sure where 1984 came from? - but yes, a simple error by myself, a member of the 1990 World Championship Team, not the 1988 Olympic Team.

And while I'm on the roll of correcting,

As in Alonzo Mourning? Dude, he wasn't drafted til 92!

Sure he wasn't drafted til '92, but the until Barcelona in 1992, the Olympic USA Basketball Teams were made up of NCAA stars, not NBA stars.:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom