Akira Epoch Film Edition Trading Cards for sale or trade

Thalidomide Dog

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Terry Kerns
I have a complete set of base cards (102 cards), complete set of Special A (9 cards) and Special B (9 cards) for sale or trade. This is not the US Cornerstone set, this is the exceedingly rare Japanese Epoch set - better quality images and overall much nicer cards.
Please contact me for prices or with trade offers.
Thanks.

Hi Francisco,
Are you chasing any of the special set cards in particular or do you need both whole sets. I won’t lie: selling them separately from the base set will eat into my expected return. I didn’t get them cheaply. I do however have a number of spares, so if that suits your needs better, let me know.

Hi, Thank you for your prompt and honest answer. I do have some cards of the special sets, including the promos: the ones I HAVE are the following: A3, A4, A5, A7, A9, B6, B9, promo 2 and promo 3. Any help to get any of the missing cards in the special sets and promo set would be very much appreciated. Kindest regards, Francisco

Hi Francisco,
I will check my spares tonight after work and let you know which of the ones you need that I have. Have a good evening.

Hi Francisco,
Of the cards you are looking for; I have A1, A2, A6, A8, B5 & B8 as spares. Sadly I do not even have promo 1 for myself, let alone a spare (it seems to be almost as rare as the film cards).

Hi, thank you again for your prompt answer. How much would the all the spares I need be, including shipping to Spain? Also how much would you want for the complete base set with the two complete special sets? Thank you, Francisco.

Hi Francisco,
These days, especially with hard-to-source series, I try to trade first then sell. Do you collect any of the Shirow Masamune Epoch series? If so, we may be able to work out a trade that will be less painful to your wallet than a straight sale would be.
In regards to the near complete set (missing only promo 1 & the 3 film cards), I would be looking to sell that for $500 US. Steep, I realise, but I need a return for my investment in purchasing them in the first place, however small that return may be. They were not cheap.
Postage will be from Japan to Spain, so I will work that out once we have the finer details sorted. If you wish to check prices, you can find them here: https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/index_en.html
Hope that helps.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I understand that you give priority to trading. Unfortunately, I do not have any other Epoch cards. I do have a lot of spares of the Mazinger Z Calbee collection. The price for the complete set is reasonable but too high for the two complete special sets. Unfortunately, I purchased the base set and some special cards in March 2019. Please let me know if you would be interested in the Mazinger Z Calbee cards. If not, please let me know if you would consider selling the spares and what the price would be. Thank you, Francisco.

Hi Francisco,
I’m really sorry but I do not collect much else than Shirow cards these days (Osamu Tezuka, Akira & Perfect Blue being the only exceptions). I did a lot of research on current prices (where possible) and weighed up my initial expenditure... and I am sorry but I need to ask $20US per card for the specials. I honestly think I could ask more but I know I personally would baulk even at this price for singles.
I totally understand if you are not interested, but please realise that I have decided on a price that effectively allows me to break even for my own initial purchase (for these cards alone, obviously, not the entire original purchase).
Expecting your answer to be “no thanks”, I can only wish you good luck in finding them elsewhere - at this stage, at least, it seems that most people that have them are holding on to them.

Hi, thank you for your answer. Would shipping by SAL be included in the total of 120 US dollars for the 6 special cards? PLMK. I trust that all the cards are in mint or near mint condition. Kind regards, Francisco.

Hi Francisco,
I’m sorry, I should have made that clear in my last message: that price is for the cards alone. Shipping is not included. I meant it when I said it would allow me to break even.
The condition of the cards is conservatively near-mint. They were out of the packet when I bought them but they were sleeved. I can take some photos later and post them here if you are still interested.
I know the price is steep, but it’s still relatively quite cheap when you consider their rarity and also the asking prices I saw for even the base singles. One Japanese seller is even asking for more than ¥2000 per single.
If you ever see the asking prices for the Perfect Blue specials, you may collapse. I’ve been watching a set of 2 on auction with a starting price of ¥9000.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Would the following work for you? shipping via SAL registered, and payment through PayPal with no fee to you? If so, I would kindly ask them to reserve them for me until 21 February, when payment for the cards plus the shipping charge. Please let me know if this works out for you. Kind regards, Francisco.

Hi Franciso,
That sounds fine. I’ll check out the prices for postage and give you a total later today. Cards are reserved for you until Feb 21 as requested. Thank you.

Thank you so much. Please send your PayPal address and a couple of pics of the cards when you can. Kind regards, Francisco.

Hi Francisco,
The cheapest rate for SAL to Spain is ¥2700. I checked a number of weight options from the very bare minimum of 50 grams to a suspected maximum of 250 grams (which would be excessive I think) and the fee was the same for those options and all between.
My PayPal is: https://www.paypal.me/thalidomidedog
I took photos of all of my spares, including your impending purchases in the sleeves as they are currently stored & a random from each set A & B out of the sleeves. They are all in the same condition. I think you should agree that their condition is as I stated. Hope that all helps.

F7B0355D-EF82-43C3-8C6B-EBE391633175.jpeg

FBA1158A-BEB7-4BAC-B00E-CBC57E90227C.jpeg

3F033012-91F9-449A-B0C9-CD504F9E0FF5.jpeg

3F1FB237-5B43-4BC1-AFA3-BC69DFCFB747.jpeg

5B017B11-82A7-4EF2-B73C-8D4044D6662F.jpeg

497DAD70-2D96-4E0D-876B-6AD8843CA9BB.jpeg

Hi, thank you for posting the photos of the cards. I agree that they are in the state described. Please let me know the total to be paid, including shipping in US dollars. I will kindly ask that you declare the value as 18 US and as used trading cards. Kindest regards, Francisco

Hi Francisco,
I have calculated a total of US$150 for all 6 cards & postage and handling. This will cover PayPal’s conversion fees as well as ensuring the cards are packed securely enough (protection against bending and moisture) to get to you in the same condition they are now.
I am more than happy to declare the value & item description as requested.
Hope that helps.
Thanks.

Hi, thank you again for your prompt answer as your help. I will send you 150 US dollars on 21 February as payment to family/friends to make sure that no payment fee is deducted from the sum paid. Thank you. Kind regards, Francisco

Back
Top Bottom