Advice please

thecardeffect

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
Started collecting this year. Mainly baseball and AFL so far. Not really sure what I'm collecting yet but I have a couple of half decent baseball autos. Nothing special but it is a start. I'm becoming a little more familiar with all the different types of products and manufacturers on cardboardconnection, Beckett. Didn't realise how many products were out there. I know that the NBA products I purchased are at the basement level ( Donruss 2016-17/Panini Hoops 2016-17).

Is there any 'real' difference between Dunross and Panini Hoops? They both seem similar but I definitely liked the Donruss better.

I bought 2xblaster boxes of each and got 2 relic cards in each which according to ebay are less than $5 each in value. I did get an 11/15 insert in the Donruss with the relic cards and to me both the Donruss base cards and inserts are nicer than the Hoops ones. Could someone with some NBA experience give me their opinion on which product they think is better( Presumably serious collectors will not rate either) Also, if I were to purchase a mid-range product which would be the best value for money?

Thanks.

IMG_2931.JPG

IMG_2933.JPG

Last edited:
my advice buy ur PC singles boxes like you have done have little value Blasters are a cheap way to get you in but have little value in them. Hobby boxes cost more and have more hits but still its a gamble to get anywhere close to what you may have paid.

Last edited:
Nice boxes for starting out and for set collectors imo so if that’s what you like go for it, don’t really worry about what the “hits”sell for and just have fun set building. If it’s some kind of return you hope for to put towards another box or other PC Cards then maybe go for something like Optic or Mosaic or Select? Depends whether you want shiny refractor type cards or numbered cards regular type base like hoops and which rookie crop you like too. Too many options really.

Back
Top Bottom