Advice on numbering of cards

Paul_Ambrey

OzCardTrader
Real Name
PAul
Could someone help me understand numbering on some cards.If you get a card no.1/1 thats clearly a one of one card.But if you have a card such as 1/25 ,would this be classed as a 1/1 card.Or a card that is the players jersey no. Such as 24/25 Paul George number.And finally a card that is 25/25.Have seen a few on ebay saying they are one/one cards.What would be your opinion.

Based on the jersey number and #1 theories that some eBay sellers go by, every numbered card in existence is a 1/1.

There’s still only one of said card numbered 17/25, 13/25, 6/25 etc etc...

The only true 1/1, is exactly that. A 1/1

Thanks for your help.This is my only 1/1then.
1536454849921-946509701.jpg

Yep agree with Coopz, very annoying when you search for 1/1s on eBay and get cards numbered out of /10,/25 etc. Jersey might be the only valid reason to also use the 1/1, but you really want your 1/1 to be the only card in the world of that year and type.

I have a few greens no.5,but i brought this last year on ebay.It says on the front black box,1/1 and when i received it it was in a one touch with a panini sticker on it.Could have been a redemption card.

I think Black Box Cards are from the Panini National Convention each year, but not sure if that means there is another 1/1 Derozan 13/14 Select Swatch that was released or they kept it for the Black Box version.

It’s a cracking card, take it straight to the pool room and enjoy it!

I think it might have started when sellers realised their listings with 1/1 in there received more views/sales and gradually more and more tried to somehow work it into the title. It quickly got out of hand though didn’t it!

I’m cool with the jersey numbered premium or the title even saying 1/1 jersey numbered but for first and last of the print run and this ridiculous reverse jersey numbered 1/1 or “numbered 23/199 = 2 + 3 = 5 jersey number” is insane lol

Now you need to sometimes wade through all the listings with that crap in it or somehow search and exclude 1/1 stuff!

Now that looks to be a true 1/1, online Black Box 1/1 which are standard cards re stamped as Black Box 1/1 and given out in packs at the national.

Its strange that the Gibson card isn't black though. Generally speaking, most Panini true 1/1s are black versions

Yeah if it doesn't say 1 of 1, it's not a 1 of 1.
Congrats on those two pictured 1 of 1's though.
I don't get those black box 1/1's but hey for all intensive purposes it's a 1/1.
Through my hoarding I have made a few cards the only one that may come available to the market but only I know that as it's the only 1 of the print run that I don't have haha.
I also reckon printing plates should be #'d /4
But these days the colour dictates what it's numbered to more so than what you need to complete a run. I personally don't consider plates 1/1's but I still try to get all 4.

Back
Top Bottom