Advice on deal gone wrong

Jay Dee

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jack
eBay User
ja1942
I’ve been involved in a deal on OCT which has apparently gone wrong and any help/advice would be appreciated.

I bought an autograph lot from an OCT seller with high 100% +feedback, both of us agreeing on terms on a sale/trade thread posted on June 8. Payment was made (bank receipt held by me) on June 8 and acknowledged as received by seller. I had requested that posting of the cards be delayed for two weeks while I was away. On return I tried to contact the seller, eventually receiving a short note on July 9 saying the cards would be posted (with tracking) the following day (July 10). The cards have not arrived, no tracking was received, the seller has not been on site since July 9, and attempts to contact the seller have all failed. As the seller hasn’t visited the site for 3 weeks, more attempts at contact seem unjustified. I hate to leave negative feedback as the seller has a high rating. However, after paying $200 for nothing, I feel hung out to dry.

Any suggestions as to what to do?

How many trades does the seller have next to his name? I'm not saying all new traders are bad, but there are some who pop up every now and then who have good feedback with low trade numbers who are seriously dodgy. Titanichornet is one of them.

I lost 200 to a seller on here earlier this year,then turned up on another site selling similar cards.Maybe you name the person,or just put it down to a bad experience.99% of people on this site are very honest .Hope you work it out.

Last edited:
Seller has a 100% rating of 18 and very positive feedback- also is an OCT Supporter. However, the seller only joined OCT in May & my purchase was in June. Good point- will look for the autos on eBay or Facebook.

Back
Top Bottom