Advice needed on “through the mail” autographs.

Rooster Pump

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mark
eBay User
prossworld
Hi all,

I’m seeking some advice on how to get in contact with ex & current players to collect autographs. Some of you have amazing mail days where you have incredible results and I was hoping to learn your secrets.

As you probably know I am a Roosters fanatic and my 16 year old son is worse than me. He lives and breathes the Roosters. I have been trying to get one of each Roosters card since the 2000 release signed. My son has the IP bug as well and we have had many great days together at games and fan days collecting them. We’ve done a great job but obviously there are gaps that need filling, primarily players that are now at other clubs or have retired.

How do you do it?

Mark, not my area of knowledge or part of the hobby that I generally collect but I believe that there are several members who do TTM and have a good knowledge of how to get started.

@QLDA and @Delta are a couple that spring to mind.

Good luck, some of the IP's from Centenary and I am sure Glory will look a treat.

Games and fan days are the best way. Ex players become commentators for radio/tv and go to games. There was Thurston, Slater, Johns, Fittler, Sattler, Alexander, Heighnington, Buderus just that I saw after the Dragons game

Can add Vautin, Anasta and Kimmorley to the above list of commentators at Kogarah last week. Also had Timmins and Nightingale there too. As far as TTM, you need to do some homework. Facebook, Twitter etc are good points to start and Google is often a source of information. If you put the hard yards in you will get rewards. Half the fun is the chase and when you track someone down its a great feeling.

You can try the club too, depending on who you talk to they may help you out. I know several ex roosters are part of the coaching staff and as ambassadors.

Back
Top Bottom