Admit One: Tickets to another 4 more Kobe historical moments

nichj99

Faried PC Battle Champion
Real Name
josh
eBay User
blue_1stp_klosr
It's been a long time OZCT!

Yesterday I received another 4 more tickets back from PSA (submitted September 2021) - highlighting more of Kobe's greatest career achievements!

Let's take a look....

December 17, 2009 - The Black Mamba vs the Black Mongoose

Gilbert Arenas set a franchise record with 60 points, 16 of them in overtime, to lead the Washington Wizards to a 147-141 victory over Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday night. Kobe led the Lakers with 45 of his own.

Arenas was so confident in his own shooting ability this game, that he gave himself the nickname "The Black Mongoose" as the natural predator against the Mamba. Gil may have won the battle, but he definitely did not win the war - with Kobe remembering this moment and using it as fuel to return fire a few months later.

As the story goes - Kobe walked right past Jamison who was trying to greet him, went up to Arenas, smacked him on the rear and said, “Remember, you asked for this. Make sure you come guard me the way I’m about to guard you.”

Kobe finished with 39 points in a dominant Lakers win, including a series of highlight reel plays and dunks - while forcing Arenas into shooting 31% (9-29) from the floor and showing why players learnt to never poke the bear.

Kobe Arenas.jpg

The infamous Achilles game - April 12, 2013 vs Golden State Warriors

Kobe Bryant had played 226 out of a possible 240 minutes in five games in April. Mike D’Antoni’s banged up squad had won 8 of their last 9 games to get back in the playoff picture.

The night of the 13th wasn’t any different, with a frisky Golden State team also gearing up for the playoffs.

And despite hyperextending his knee in the first half – and nursing a sprained ankle – Kobe stayed on the court every possible second until a run-of-the-mill drive to the hoop that would change the trajectory of his career forever. Bean had shot 9-for-21 from the field until that point and led the purple and gold effort with 32 points. That fatidic penetration drew a foul call from the officials, but the contact from Harrison Barnes was nowhere near the injury.

“I made a move that I've made a million times, and it just popped,” he said after the game. Bryant tore the Achilles tendon in his left leg and crumbled to the floor in pain with 3:08 to go in regulation.

What happened next would probably get rejected if presented as a Hollywood script for being a little too dramatic:
Kobe not only got up, but he also walked all the way to the home bench on the opposite side of the court – with only minimal help from Pau Gasol.

After being briefly treated by head athletic trainer Gary Vitti, Bryant slowly made his way back to the charity stripe in what seemed like an endless procession of baby steps. There, he sank both free throws to tie the game, and after the Lakers fouled on the inbounds play, marched back to the locker room - in what be the most gutsy moment of his entire career.

Kobe Achilles.jpg

March 8, 2013 - Kobe's clutch performance lifts the Lakers over the Raptors

Kobe skipped the pregame shootaround because his shoulders were tight, and he was feeling weary in overtime.
Bryant found enough energy to hit the tying 3-pointer with 5 seconds to play in regulation, then dunked for the go-ahead basket with 10 seconds left in the extra session, helping the Lakers beat the Raptors 118-116 on Friday night for their second straight come-from-behind win.

Maybe video is the best way to showcase what happened...

Kobe Raptors.jpg

March 18, 2007 - Kobe Scores 50 against the Timberwolves

Bryant became the first Lakers player with consecutive 50-point games in 44 seasons, following a 65-point game with 50 against Minnesota on Sunday night in Los Angeles' 109-102 victory over the Timberwolves, becoming the first since Elgin Baylor to do it in 1962.

Kobe Timberwolves.jpg

The Black Mongoose! Hah hah, Arenas is certainly built different thant the rest! Always was a bit fo a volume shooter imo.

Good to see you posting more maildays!

They look awesome! I just sent off a KG one - do they automatically put the significant event of The game on the label or do you have to request?

I didn't know they did the significant event on the labels. That's so cool!

I have 5x tickets of Melos last game at the Garden as a Knick (so far). My mates and I were at the game and I wanted something to commemorate it plus it was my first game at MSG too.

They look awesome! I just sent off a KG one - do they automatically put the significant event of The game on the label or do you have to request?
they can use the default milestone in their database without requesting anything or you can request a custom one, but then the custom one has to go through a review process to ensure accuracy

So you should get something nice back on them!

they can use the default milestone in their database without requesting anything or you can request a custom one, but then the custom one has to go through a review process to ensure accuracy

So you should get something nice back on them!
sounds good! I see 2 in the pop report as 10’s for mine - must have been trimmed but then wouldn’t they technically be altered??? They have those little perforations on the sides.

Back
Top Bottom