About 90's Finest Test Refractors (BasketBall)

nbacardDOTnet

#1 Robert Horry Collector
Real Name
J.K.
eBay User
nbacarddotnet
The reason why I make thread is from below thread. =)

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/foru...ack-pack-test-refractor-mailday-rare-one.html

The rarest Test Ref. is 1994-95 Rack Pack.
(And a few 90's players and hardcore collector have known about that.)

Then 1994-95 CornerStone

(..)Not mine
cornerstonetestrefractor.jpg

Yah then 1994-95 Lottery Prize

(..)Not mine
235311_1.jpg

I saw 3-4 Penny Lottery Prize Ref.
(One is in my country. Not mine though)

I saw RnB Shop Sold Penny as 200$ DLVD , two times.

Yah..SHAQ was sold 50$-55$ from Hardcore eastcoast SHAQ, KG and DM Collector.

I have this one. =)
--01.jpg

Then 1995-96 Finest Rack Pack.(As my assumption, total will be under 5 prints. But even if I'm crazy wrong, total will be under 7)

And I have 2 sheed(GotSheed? have one and there is PSA 10 1 card exist. Even Hardcore Sheed Collector(in Japan) doesn't have that.)
---01.jpg

sheedrack.jpg

rasheed_wallace_rack_pack_refrac-1.jpg

-0403_1.jpg

For Orange..Total would be under 30-50 cards(maximum).
kempmysteryrefractor.jpg

In short, for rarer

1994-95 Rack > 1994-95 Corner > 1994-95 Lottery >= 1995-96 Rack >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1995-96 Test Boardered(AKA Orange)

As I know only 1995-96 Rack Pack Test Ref has R character

Big R means under semi Star, rounded r (like Sheed) means at least unlisted star at that time.

P.S. : Actually there is another Test Ref, from 1997-98 Topps Gold Finest Refractor.

But those kinds have less merit like Orange Ref.

Because it looks as the same as Finest Gold Embossed Ref.

But difference is un-diecut.

Very nice item would be to Certain player's collector.

But If I have to pick only 1, I will choose Gold Embossed Ref.
(Not because that card is not great, but because gold embossed is still very nice and beautiful card..as my preference.)

(..)This is Gold Embossed Ref. from pack.
--02-1.jpg

as I know, Gold un-diecut ref. released only few....

I am extremely keen on this type of the 'test' refractors, as I believe not many people really understand their reason during production. If only your english grammer was a bit bit nbacard.net, but not to worry becasue your point is somewhat understood.
Gees though I didn't even realise the test refractors were even MADE during the Rack Pack series of Finest cards too, so thanks for the info on that one.
Some really nice looking refractors you got there too, good on you.

PLEASE BEWARE

TEST REFRACTOR BUYERS

I bought a Shaq and a Penny Hardaway Lottery Prize Test Refractor from eBay a few months back and when they arrived i was not 100% happy with them. I knew something was wrong as i have many of these cards, and when i set my eyes upon them I am always really impressed. They did not shine 100% like refractors do. In some lighting angles they even looked like the standard issue lottery prize card. I was really nervous but i was not at home to compare them to my other test refractors. I have a Shaq lottery prize at home already and i put the 2 cards side by side. To my horror the 2 cards i had just received were complete counterfeits. There were so many noticeable flaws when side by side with the real test refractor;

-The protective coating had been removed on the fake
-The iridescent refractor sheen was not as strong, was a little blurry, and covered the entire card (normally, the players skin is not iridescent like the rest of the card is)
-The different sections of the background did not shine separately, and the basketball in the background did not shine with the balls uneven surface, instead the whole card was shining all together and smoothly
-It looked as if there was a clear iridescent film stuck to the front of the card
-There were smear marks on the front of the card, as if someone had tried to push out an air bubble on the clear film
-Shaq's jersey (Orlando White) is supposed to only shine on the pinstripes, not on the white part of the jersey, and this fake was just completely shiny all the way through the jersey and players skin

In conclusion I received a refund. Luckily through eBay i could get it all sorted. Whilst in liaison with the seller he promised me he had no idea about the cards being counterfeits. Hopefully no-one comes across this same trap that i came across. I hope i have given some people a little knowledge on what to look for when purchasing test refractors. I will add some photos for some comparisons with my real test refractor. I didn't take a photo of the penny before i sent them back but it was exactly the same as the fake Shaq.
-You can see the real card has the protective coating and all different parts of the card shine separately
-The fake shines all over and on the players skin. It also doesn't shine at all on an angle

Happy card collecting everyone!! :)

IMG_1037.jpeg

IMG_1045.jpeg

IMG_1039.jpeg

IMG_1042.jpeg

PLEASE BEWARE

TEST REFRACTOR BUYERS

I bought a Shaq and a Penny Hardaway Lottery Prize Test Refractor from eBay a few months back and when they arrived i was not 100% happy with them. I knew something was wrong as i have many of these cards, and when i set my eyes upon them I am always really impressed. They did not shine 100% like refractors do. In some lighting angles they even looked like the standard issue lottery prize card. I was really nervous but i was not at home to compare them to my other test refractors. I have a Shaq lottery prize at home already and i put the 2 cards side by side. To my horror the 2 cards i had just received were complete counterfeits. There were so many noticeable flaws when side by side with the real test refractor;

-The protective coating had been removed on the fake
-The iridescent refractor sheen was not as strong, was a little blurry, and covered the entire card (normally, the players skin is not iridescent like the rest of the card is)
-The different sections of the background did not shine separately, and the basketball in the background did not shine with the balls uneven surface, instead the whole card was shining all together and smoothly
-It looked as if there was a clear iridescent film stuck to the front of the card
-There were smear marks on the front of the card, as if someone had tried to push out an air bubble on the clear film
-Shaq's jersey (Orlando White) is supposed to only shine on the pinstripes, not on the white part of the jersey, and this fake was just completely shiny all the way through the jersey and players skin

In conclusion I received a refund. Luckily through eBay i could get it all sorted. Whilst in liaison with the seller he promised me he had no idea about the cards being counterfeits. Hopefully no-one comes across this same trap that i came across. I hope i have given some people a little knowledge on what to look for when purchasing test refractors. I will add some photos for some comparisons with my real test refractor. I didn't take a photo of the penny before i sent them back but it was exactly the same as the fake Shaq.
-You can see the real card has the protective coating and all different parts of the card shine separately
-The fake shines all over and on the players skin. It also doesn't shine at all on an angle

Happy card collecting everyone!! :)

Thanks for the report. Such a shame these are being made. So many greedy people. Luckily you had one already to compare.

Back
Top Bottom