A tear will be shed when...

cardking739

OzCardTrader
Real Name
David Russell
eBay User
cardkingwhowantswhat

As a huge Wiggins fan, I've watched the kid since his Jr. yr. in HS, and as a fanatic PCer of his, specially relic stuff, sure I got 3 small window shoe patches of him, but to a fanatic like me, it will kill me that I can't afford as a single father who imposes a allowance on myself of how much I can spend on cards of his, when this bid ends tonight in the $130s I assume, I will cry out like a wolf at the moon in agony cause this card is a Holy Grail type Wigs card for me. I can only pray the card goes to a owner as passionate about Wiggins as I am & not just another big card seller who'll relist it at double the price, sit in a box over the next year as noone will pay the egregious amount they'll be asking for it compared to it's bid value, that's my worst fear for the card. I hope the winner is gonna put this card as a main staple centerpiece in their PC to look at daily & to enjoy w/ others.

Anyone has situations w/ cards out they price range that the card is a dream card to them yet not able to even be in the race to buy it. I'm dedicating this thread to ALL THOSE OUT THERE WHO CAN'T AFFORD EVERYTHING & HAVE TO SHOW DISCIPLINE IN SPENDING AS SO THEY CAN SPEND THAT ON A LOVED ONE. Yoh all are the real MVPs, knowing you have to provide for your family & know when to say no to a card you oh so want that's only for ex. just $50 bucks out your price range. Rant over. Thanks for listening. I'm sure we've all had that card we oh so want that we can't pay that much & this only chance you'll ever get to get it for that price. It hurts don't it. I feel like a need a go fund me for this card hahaha

Capture+_2018-01-07-13-22-51.png

Remind yourself that this hobby is just that; a hobby, nothing more and nothing less. Pieces of cardboard that some people are willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars on but aren't intrinsically worth that. End of the day, life goes on, regardless if you have that card by your bedside table or not :)

Remind yourself that this hobby is just that; a hobby, nothing more and nothing less. Pieces of cardboard that some people are willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars on but aren't intrinsically worth that. End of the day, life goes on, regardless if you have that card by your bedside table or not :)

Perfectly said..

Know the feeling all too well.

But me too :cry: lol

Ive managed to become comfortable knowing I will never spend over $150 on a card no matter how badly I want

True dat true dat. I unfortunately cap mine off at round $80 USD, though I haven't even spent that much ever. Think $65 is the most I've spent is $65-$70. I have 3 Immaculate Sneaker Swatches & 1 of the 3 is of the maple leaf shoes of Wiggins such as this relic. There's many shoe cards of his worth way more but this one is just "the one" to me far as shoe cards of his. I'm watching a Wiggins Top of the class Flawless 2/5 diamond plus big window with a 1/3rd of the FLIP patch in it and its uo to $52 w/ 6 days left. Was hoping I would have a chance to make this my crown jewel card but its already at $52 & will grow. Plus I suspect shilling as from this seller I think Consignors are able to bid on their cards & if that's the case it will go out the range of me even going nuts & spending more than I ever have on a card but looks as this will gloom into the $200s. Besides Flawless, I can win any Wigs patch I if not a special card a la this sneak peek or logoman card

Back
Top Bottom