WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
Was thinking about this earlier today...

If you could EVER pick a dream starting 5... Who would you pick...

Stipulations:You CAN'T pick someone who's been picked already.
You CAN pick someone to play a secondary position.
Give a short reason why you chose these players...

Here's mine:

PG - Jason Kidd
In my mind the greatest PG of all-time
SG - Michael Jordan
The best there ever was
SF - Oscar Robertson
The Big O, Mr Do-It-All. Almost Averaged 23pts, 8 rebs, and 7 dimes for his career. Not many other better SFs can do that. (that and he averaged a 3D for a WHOLE SEASON).
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
It was a toss-up between Dirkinator, and Sir Charles Barkley. Chuck was a MACHINE, but his shooting was never great, he just scored inside.
C - Wilt Chamberlain
No doubt the Best C EVER seen? Actually, I was almost gonna pick The Dream, Hakeem Olajuwon.
100 Points in a single game, dunk on anyone, average 20+ Rebounds, and almost 50 points... HAS to get him on my team.

So come on guys, this'll be fun, but remember, can't pick someone already picked.

Should have read the rules......im an idiot

Ok here is mine:

The Australian NBA All Stars

PG Shane Heal
SG Andrew Gaze
SF Chris Anstey
PF Andrew Bogut
C Luc Longley

Cheers
Matt

PG Steve Nash - The best. Period.
SG Tracy McGrady - When healthy, nearly unstoppable.
SF Scottie Pippen - At his prime, was an offensive/defensive weapon.
PF Dwight Howard - So young, so talented..
C Shaquille O'Neal - Next to Wilt, the most dominant guy to have ever played.

WTF - You ask us to pick a starting 5, pick Jordan and then say we can't pick someone who has already been picked ! Come on man Jordan is a starter for 99% of the people here ! Not to mention you picked Wilt as well :p

bird,jordan and wilt have been taken

Yup that's how I felt !

Stockton - All time assist leader, may never be surpassed!!
Pistol Pete Maravich (RIP) - 24ppg, 5apg, 4rpg. perhaps was the beginning of the 'stylish' way the game is played today. Plus he died playing the game...that deserves some respect :D
Kareem - ...and a hook shot!! ;) his Longevity in the game. if jordan and malone cant reach his scoring record...noone will!!
Ewing - 1 of many unlucky players to have played during Jordans era. Loved the old school Knicks v Bulls games!! they were intense!!
Bill Russell - 11 rings....count em'...11!!! :shock:

C -Mutombo - elected NBA Defensive Player of the Year four times. He is second all-time in registered blocks, and the 21st most prolific rebounder ever He is also an eight-time All-Star and was elected into three All-NBA and six All-Defensive Teams

PF- Bill Laimbeer - NBA champion (1989, '90); Four-time NBA All-Star (1983, '84, '85, '87)

SF- Dave DeBusschere - Elected to Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (1983); NBA champion (1970, '73); Six-time All-Defensive First Team (1969-74); All-Rookie team (1963); Eight-time NBA All-Star (1966-68, '70-73); All-NBA Second Team (1969); One of 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996).

SG- John Havlicek - Elected to Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (1984); NBA champion (1963, '64, '65, '66, '68, '69, '74, '76); NBA Finals MVP (1974); All-NBA First Team (1971, '72, '73, '74); All-NBA Second Team (1964, '66, '68, '69, '70, '75, '76); Five-time All-Defensive First Team (1972-76); Three-time All-Defensive Second Team (1969-71); 13-time All-Star (1966-78); One of 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996).

PG- I. Thomas - Elected to Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (2000); NBA All Rookie Team (1982); 12-time NBA All-Star (1982-93); NBA All-Star Game MVP (1984, '86); All-NBA First Team (1984, '85, '86); All NBA Second Team (1983, '87); NBA Champion (1989, '90); NBA Finals MVP (1990); U.S. Olympian (1980); J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award (1987); One of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996).

Defense! Defense!
With a few elbows for good mesure!

AI... One of the best of this generation... scoring freak
Kobe... The guy is something else
Lebron... Will be one of the best to ever wear an NBA jersey
Kemp.. In his prime was one of the best PF's to step on an NBA court
KG... A beast... Plays with so much heart.

Pretty modern... but alot of great players have been taken I like the thread!

WTF - You ask us to pick a starting 5, pick Jordan and then say we can't pick someone who has already been picked ! Come on man Jordan is a starter for 99% of the people here ! Not to mention you picked Wilt as well :p

jimboiitmac said:
heheheh i don't get it. if this is the dream 5, how can we not pick someone already picked??! by tomorrow someone will have yuta tabuse as they're point guard!!

Whinge whinge whinge.... Can't anyone participate without f-ckin crying these days?

Pissoff if you're not gonna participate.

There's still some MASSIVE teams there, and plenty of other players to pick...

EDIT: And besides, if you were playing a Fantasy Roster on Live or 2K, you couldnt pick someone already gone....

Whinge whinge whinge.... Can't anyone participate without f-ckin crying these days?

Pissoff if you're not gonna participate.

There's still some MASSIVE teams there, and plenty of other players to pick...

EDIT: And besides, if you were playing a Fantasy Roster on Live or 2K, you couldnt pick someone already gone....

Free Country - Free Speech we can whinge if we like so p*ss of if don't like my whinges - Stop whinging about my whinging :lol:

I pick:
Jordan & Pippen (Too much teamwork to not put them together)
Wilt Chamberlain
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird

1st team

PG John Stockton - the greatest point guard of all time, hands down
SG Michael Jordan - enough said
SF Larry Bird - hasnt been a player like him since
PF Karl Malone - the greatest power forward of all time, hands down
C Hakeem Olajuwon - the best post moves of any centre in history, Somehow, remains underrated

2nd team

PG Magic Johnson
SG Oscar Robertson
SF Julius Erving
PF Charles Barkley
C Bill Russell

3rd team

PG Bob Cousy
SG Pete Maravich
SF George Gervin
PF Elgin Baylor
C Shaquille O'Neal