A general thank you thread for good humans out there in the OZ card Community.

User13873

Account Deleted
Real Name
Matt Holtham
eBay User
mechachromecards
Where the fk do I start? (all people will remain nameless unless they want to be named)

I don't even know what to say. Literally lost for words atm, but I'll pretend I'm a normal human with feelings for just 1 post :)

I won't bore you people with the story, but I was in a VERY bad situation 3 weeks ago, with almost no light at the end of the tunnel. Some very generous person here, offered to lend me some cash in order to get my shit sorted and back on my feet, at least temporarily. I've never met this person, know what they look like, or even know thier own situation. Everyone has problems, but for someone to do that big of a favour for a literal stranger, well, I don't have any shame in admitting I cried for a while that night. I don't even know that I will ever be able to repay that kindness to a degree that is worthy of the deed, but man, that compassion and understanding at that time, was more valuable than a million dollars. (you know who you are, so you know ho much i appreciate what you did)

Then today, I receive a msg, saying "hey i've got this thing that everyone knows you want, you can have it". Literally. The person (i'm unaware of their gender, and heaven forbid I assume it in this day in age lel) literally had a back and forth with me, while i virtually begged them to at least take the postage cost for the thing. I don't take handouts, and quite honestly, haven't been shown this level of kindness EVER, so I was initially skeptical, then gracious, then begging them to take my money. It was a very weird exchange of messages, I'm sure one which both of us won't have for a ling time. "no take my money, no take the card, no take my money for the card, no take the fkn card" was the TLDR of the 2 page long message sequence.

I haven't been here long, and this clearly isn't an every day occurrence here, but I needed to at least thank these people (anonymously I know, but I'm sure they appreciate it) for their kindness, understanding, and just wanting to talk to me. I've been driven to tears twice now this fortnight, both from people I've never met, and for reasons my autistic brain will never comprehend.

This thank you is nowhere near enough praise you deserve, but it's all I can do at this time. FKUCKING LEGENDS.

That is all.

some times life just gives you a moment..
That was a great read. We have some awesome members on this site.

some times life just gives you a moment..
That was a great read. We have some awesome members on this site.
as a 38 yr old man with no feelings (bipolar and autism are a helluva drug) crying is not something im used to or even comfortable with. In this case however, I have no shame admitting it, or even praising the people who drove me to do it. You have no idea the generosity and understanding of these individuals.

That's a great thing to hear and I hope you are doing better now!

Its been a tough year for a lot of people and it just goes to show through these tough times there are people out there who are genuinely good people and wanting to help out others.

Whoever the member(s) were who helped you, thank you from the Admin team.

Cheers
Matt

Just wanted to do another shout out to all the people that have purchased things from me over the last month or so.

I know I prolly annoyed a lot of ppl by posting sales/trades lists constantly, but I was in a pickle, and it was my only source of extra cash.

I finally started a job today, and without the help of a few individuals, and those that purchased stuff from me, I prolly wouldnt be around, or id be sleeping in a tree.

Thank you so much for your kind words, and your purchases, no matter how big or small.

legends.

Awesome to read. I've been on the receiving end of some of the generous souls on this board over the years and it still warms my heart every time I read these sorts of messages. It's definitely one of the most generous and compassionate communities I've seen when it comes to online forums.

Just wanted to do another shout out to all the people that have purchased things from me over the last month or so.

I know I prolly annoyed a lot of ppl by posting sales/trades lists constantly, but I was in a pickle, and it was my only source of extra cash.

I finally started a job today, and without the help of a few individuals, and those that purchased stuff from me, I prolly wouldnt be around, or id be sleeping in a tree.

Thank you so much for your kind words, and your purchases, no matter how big or small.

legends.

Glad to hear things are on the up for you! Keep at it!

Cheers
Matt

Back
Top Bottom