A bit wierd?

I assume not because the location of the card is in VIC. Preety sure the Richo on here is from Sydney or Perth.

Yeah this is richo01. He has an account both on here and the other forum. Don't think he would be behind this, based on my dealings with him. Has been very helpful and a great bloke to deal with :)

kingjack send him a PM on here. He might be interested in dealing off ebay.

It's only got 3 hours to go so i'll bid on ebay. Preety sure i've dealt with this guy before. Thanks for the reassurance.

This is not shill bidding! In fact, it has nothing to do with the seller, it is the buyer!

The multiple bids is a tactic people use to scare other bidders off!

If you place a .99c bid on an item, it will show 1bid at .99c
If you the 'increase bid' to $1.50, it will show 2 bids, but still remain at .99c (because you can't outbid yourself)

Some people do this multiple times to make it look like there are multiple bidders and that you don't have much chance against all of that competition, when really it is the same guy just increasing their bid.

Just to reassure you guys its not shill bidding.

Not sure why he has done it. :blink: Maybe to put off other bidders. Odd thing is I started it at $250 and $270 "Buy It Now". And he put bids up to $271.50

Good luck.

Just to reassure you guys its not shill bidding.

Not sure why he has done it. :blink: Maybe to put off other bidders. Odd thing is I started it at $250 and $270 "Buy It Now". And he put bids up to $271.50

Good luck.

Your kidding me. So this idiot basicly ran me up $80?

Basically, yes he did. But as the seller i have no control over how he decides to bid.

All good on your end mate i'm just venting, I won it anyway. Just a bit frustrated with whoever this guy is.

i dont think he bid the same amount, he increased his bid 8 times but at the time he was the highest bidder and it stayed at the same amount until someone else increased the bid

Just buy it now for $270?

Once bids are accepted, the BIN function can't be used anymore... I believe??

i dont think he bid the same amount, he increased his bid 8 times but at the time he was the highest bidder and it stayed at the same amount until someone else increased the bid

Yeah, spot on, that's what I said up there ^^^^

Back
Top Bottom