92-93 Fleer 'stamped' autograph - ZO

banzini

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ben
COMC User
banzini
Hi All,

Card in question: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-93-FLE...27167881?pt=US_Basketball&hash=item27ddef3c89

I have never come across a card which has a 'fleer' stamp, like on this zo auto. I do collect zo, and the auto looks legit - but the stamp has me concerned. I know for a fact they don't exist in the print run but maybe it was an employee card? (or something similar?)

Probably just someone who had an IP auto of zo and decided to use a loose fleer stamp from the Fleer liquidation? Thoughts?

Thanks!

The auto looks real but beckett doesn't have it listed so i would agree with your theory.

Last edited:
There have been some talk of late about fake autos that have the fleer or skybox stamps on it. How they got the stamps no idea.

There have been some talk of late about fake autos that have the fleer or skybox stamps on it. How they got the stamps no idea.

I don't believe it's a legit release from that years set. There were autos in the 92/93 set....the Larry Johnson set....3 Slam Dunk cards featuring Shawn Kemp, Kenny Walker and Darryl Dawkins. Maybe the embossing stamp was picked up at the Fleer auctions?? Probably wouldn't be that hard to make one too!

Great work - thanks for the input - not that I was going to bid but it was such a weird item I haven't seen before

Back
Top Bottom