7 HUGE Cards For My Collection. 1/1 Durant Tag. Kobe Tag. Pierce Tag. Ali Tag. Auto.

SpriteAllNight33

Collecting Sports History
Real Name
Rob
eBay User
SpriteAllNight33
* It really seems like I don't have much time for anything anymore with working all of the time now ... but hey, paychecks never hurt ! The collection Is now 34 cards ... 25 of which are worth money. I honestly do feel like my collection has hit a new level from where It once was. I'm on a mission to collect sports history. The sports history that I PERSONALLY love. (Really costs too much money!) ... I have a couple of short rules for myself when I buy a card ... I only buy a card with the Intentions to never sell; I have to be a true fan of the person and / or really have respect for what they have done. Never spend money just to spend money. And the possible card that I would be adding to my collection must make my eyes open pretty damn wide. I really do not think that I can top this Mailday ... In 5 weeks, I have gotten pretty lucky with getting my hands on these 7 cards ...

1.) Michelle Beadle (Sticker Auto) ... 2010-11 ... # 29 out of 59 made.
... YES, I am 100% against sticker auto's. The person signs a big sheet of however many. They peel It off the sheet and slap It on the card ... just SO damn tacky / cheap. But I've said this before to friends of mine before these cards ever came out ... "The ONLY sticker auto I would ever let Into my collection would be a Michelle Beadle autograph". ... I don't know If any of you watch Sports Nation, but damn ... The woman Is just beautiful. And simply awesome. This Is obviously not a serious purchase for my collection, but more of a purchase with a laugh. They could of had a better picture of her on the card ... but hey It's all good. I still stick by my personal collecting rules with this ... Never buy something with the Intention to sell, but It must be something I'll want to keep for years to come (Value doesn't really matter all of the time) ... If you guys don't watch Sports Nation, then look It up on ESPN2 ! Great show. ... Pardon The Interuption Is my favorite though.

402010-1129outof59MichelleBeadle.jpg

2.) Julius Erving (Dr.J) ... ON CARD Auto ... 2010-11 ... # 6 out of 10 made. (Jersey Number)
... THIS Is how signed cards SHOULD be. Actually on the card. Krazy concept right ? ... I'm only 22 years old ... Erving obviously played before my time, but I love watching clips and old games from back In the day. The man was amazing. Did everything Jordan did, but BEFORE Jordan. (minus 6 rings) ... Loved how he took off In the air and could swing his lengthy arms with the ball In such a way that I have never seen before. The man will never be forgotten In NBA / Basketball history. With the layup from behind the backboard, or the "rock the baby" dunk vs the Lakers ... Just timeless things like that. I had to add a Dr. J card to my collection. This one surfaced and I just really like It. Kind of an elegant / classy looking card.

2002010-116outof10DRJJrsyNmbr.jpg

3.) Paul Pierce ... 2010-11 ... # 1 out of 2 made.
... I used to not even like Paul Pierce about 5 years back; then I asked myself why ? ... No reason. Which Is pretty stupid. I've been a big fan of his ever since. Gotta give props where props are due. I've never seen someone hit so many big shots as him. Yes Kobe and Jordan have hit a ton ... but mannnn, Paul Pierce Is right there. Look It up on Youtube, It's Insane. I have alot of respect for him; I hope he retires with the Celtics. I bought this card at a veryy nice price, and It's exactly the type of card that I love. This Is Boston Celtics history. I love the old school leprechaun logo tag on It. It's from his 1998-99 rookie year. And I have to say, If I play basketball like anybody ... I'd say my game compares most to Paul Pierce ... minus the jumping ability.

141492010-111outof2PaulPierceRookieTag.jpg

4.) Tracy McGrady / Ron Artest ... 2009-10 ... # 8 out of 10 made.
... You guys remember Tracy McGrady before he started getting Injured ? MANNNNN, he was somethin' else ! ... He plays alot older than he actually Is now. I hope he has a comeback. He was a bad man. Remember the 13 points In 35 seconds vs the Spurs ?! Just shakin my head at how good he could be at times. AND my guy Ron Artest. Pissed that he and that very very fine girl he was partnered with got knocked off Dancing with the Stars first. NO I DO NOT watch the show ... but you better believe I was wanting Artest to win ! lol ... The older women that call In to vote obviously have no respect for the guy ... He was positive about It though, so It's all good. Just always been a fan of his. Has a couple screws loose, but at least he means well (for the most part). Saw this card and had to grab It. I really like It.

100492009-108outof10T-MacArtest.jpg

5.) Kobe Bryant ... 2010-11 ... # 1 out of 2 made.
... I still say Kobe Is a douche bag. That's true too. Not everyone can be Grant Hill or Steve Nash. But I love him as a basketball player. How can you not ? I've said for a long time now ... Kobe stands beside Michael Jordan with his talent; with Grant Hill In the backround drinking a Sprite. This card Is sports history. Simple as that. Kobe will NEVER be forgotten. Think about In 200 years ... Certain people will NEVER be forgotten. Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Wilt, Bill Russell, Magic ... I put In a high bid for this, then said screw It ... I'll just pay full price ... But It was worth It and I'm very very happy with It. After I held It for about 5 minutes I went outside to try to dunk ... didn't work out so well.

4032010-111outof2KobeBryant.jpg

6.) Muhammad Ali ... 2010-11 ... # 16 out of 20 made.
... I had to have my buddy win this for me while I was at work. If you take your phone out at my work and they see you, they can fire you on the spot ... So when the auction ended and my friend texted me, I took my phone out with everyone around and obviously had to check. lol ... He actually came through and won It for me. I had $50 In Ebay Bucks, so I actually won It for $100 less than I was willing to pay for It ... So you gotta be positive about that, even though It was still alot of money. It's Muhammad Ali history. I DID own an Ali auto that I sold about a year ago because I needed the money to buy Christmas presents for the family. So this Is a nice one to hold onto. My first Ali worn patch / tag ... I'm very happy with It. Can you believe the champ Is about to be 70 years old this January (on the 17th ... mine Is the 18th) ? Krazy.

3052010-1116outof20MuhammadAliTag.jpg

7.) Kevin Durant ... 2009-10 ... # 1 out of 1 made.
... I first contacted the seller 7 months ago about this card. 7 months ... on and off with negotiations ... Man that's a long time to keep Interest In any card ... FINALLY arrived today ... It's just so cool ... I love It. It's one of those cards that should come with a chair just Incase you need to sit down. I was like "Man you know this card belongs In Oklahoma, right ?" ... Tried everything to get him to settle on a price. FINALLY came to a price that he accepted ... 7 months after I first talked to him. Paid him, and we both thought the card would arrive by the end of this coming week ... But somehow It got here In like 3 days and was really a great suprise this morning. Durant scored 66 points, 44 points, and 48 points so far this off season. He's becoming a baaaaddd man. He even just said "I want to be one of the best to ever play the game". So I had to get some KD Stock ... and man It sure Is nice.

621192009-101outof1Durant.jpg

... Here's two other things that I picked up for myself ... First, a program booklet for the Phoenix Suns Star Wars night ... 2009-10 ... They won the game vs Houston ... How can you NOT like that Nash cover ? Made me crack up ... Steve Nash IS a Jedi ! ... Not many pictures Inside, but Grant Hill says In It ... "There are some similarities between Steve and Luke Skywalker. You know ... they're both white (laughs)." ... That's just too funny. And secondly, I saw this Calvin Hill RC Cola can ... from 1976-77 ... As you all obviously know by my avatar picture, I own the Grant Hill Sprite can from 1999 ... I thought this would fit perfectly beside my Grant Hill can ... Father and Son. It's pretty cool. I'm not Into cans or anything like that, but I couldn't pass on these two. ... Hope you guys like the mailday. - Rob

April2010.jpg

1976-77CalvinHill1.jpg

1976-77CalvinHill2.jpg

Re: 7 HUGE Cards For My Collection. 1/1 Durant Tag. Kobe Tag. Pierce Tag. Ali Tag. Au

SICK additions champ = that ALI is insanely cool with BGS 9.5 grade:drool: Kobe tag also off the chain:D

Re: 7 HUGE Cards For My Collection. 1/1 Durant Tag. Kobe Tag. Pierce Tag. Ali Tag. Au

Some great additions, love the Durant!!

Sick sick Durant, absolutely epic Pierce, agree, how can you not respect what he has done in basketball especially after the stabbing incident. Great looking Kobe card but can't stand the guy and Ron Artest either lol, Metta!
And nice old school can!

Definitely collecting sports history there Rob, that is one huge mail day! Amazing stuff!

Now how is anyone supposed to compare or compete with that mate? That is just too huge. I like the way you think about why you're getting a card. I was reading somewhere about how card collectors are actually temporary custodians, because we all die and those cards can survive beyond us. So by looking for sporting history, you have become a part of history. That Durant is really amazing, I like his general attitude and behaviour, he seems like a pretty cool cat. That card will also be a holy grail to any KD hunter. Mind you, so will those other cards. Pretty special man, thanks for letting us into your world for a bit.

Hot diggity, thats some mail indeed. Love the read , and of course the pick ups.

So many beauties, but the gold label Ali is the topper for sure!!!

Epic tags there mate - that Ali is insane!

tags galore love them all and finally a michelle beadle auto:)

fabulous new additions matey

Love the stories behind your pick ups! This is the first time I have posted on one of your maildays I believe but always enjoy them! Thanks for adding value to the hobby.

Sick sick Durant, absolutely epic Pierce, agree, how can you not respect what he has done in basketball especially after the stabbing incident. Great looking Kobe card but can't stand the guy and Ron Artest either lol, Metta!
And nice old school can!

Definitely collecting sports history there Rob, that is one huge mail day! Amazing stuff!

... Thanks Matt, I appreciate It ! Thought you would dig this mailday ... I really just got lucky on these cards surfacing and having the right amount of money at the right times, but I'm extremely happy with them. ... Your diet coke addiction site Is a heavy read ! ... No love for diet mountain dew !?!? ... I drink a good 4 cans every day ! :lol: ... And I can't believe you hate on Ron Artest ! ... Just because a guy jumps In the crowd and hits a bunch of people shouldn't give him a bad rap ! :lol:

---------- Post added 10-10-2011 at 08:25 AM ----------

Now how is anyone supposed to compare or compete with that mate? That is just too huge. I like the way you think about why you're getting a card. I was reading somewhere about how card collectors are actually temporary custodians, because we all die and those cards can survive beyond us. So by looking for sporting history, you have become a part of history. That Durant is really amazing, I like his general attitude and behaviour, he seems like a pretty cool cat. That card will also be a holy grail to any KD hunter. Mind you, so will those other cards. Pretty special man, thanks for letting us into your world for a bit.

... Thank you for the comment. It was really cool and I appreciate It. Very happy to see that some people like reading all of my chatter about my cards. It's the hobby that I love. Even If It costs me a ton of money at times. I'll feel a huge sence of accomplishment once I decide that It's complete. Might take another 5 to 6 thousand dollars. ouch. :lol: ... But something like your response Is basically why I like to put so much typing Into my mailday. Really cool how you say we're like temporary custodians of our collections and we become part of that history by searching for It as well ... Kind of like American Pickers :lol: ... Thanks again man !

---------- Post added 10-10-2011 at 08:27 AM ----------

tags galore love them all and finally a michelle beadle auto:)

... FINALLY someone likes the Michelle Beadle auto ! :lol: ... I had to have one ! :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 10-10-2011 at 08:30 AM ----------

Love the stories behind your pick ups! This is the first time I have posted on one of your maildays I believe but always enjoy them! Thanks for adding value to the hobby.

... Man, Steve Nash fans / collectors are ALWAYS welcome to leave comments ! Love your avatar Nash logoman ! ... I appreciate the comments man, and I'm glad you enjoy the read. Love the Nash collection you have put together. ... If you're ever looking to sell anything, holler at me ! :whistle:

Dude.... I have loved that Durant for probably as long as you! Awesome pickup, and the other stuff is pretty top-notch, even though I hate Pierce (he's a ####) that is a great mailday all-round!

Dude.... I have loved that Durant for probably as long as you! Awesome pickup, and the other stuff is pretty top-notch, even though I hate Pierce (he's a ####) that is a great mailday all-round!

... Hey thanks Hairy ! :thumbsup: ... I appreciate that ! I basically said to the guy ... I have one last offer, here It Is ... and he actually took It ... We were SO far apart for 7 months that I was suprised he said yes. I never owned a National Treasures card from 09-10 ... But man It's beautiful when you're holding It. I'm extremely happy with It. I appreciate the words G ! ... Thanks again for the help on the Hill card too ! :v:

1- I'm not aware of Beadle and her work but I'll have to check her out, her work I mean.:whistle::lol:

2- That is a classy looking card and an amazing auto to go with it, I want to get myself a high end J.Erving on card auto one of these days.

3- I haven't paid much attention to Pierce throughout his career but this tag piece is sweet, definitely worth hanging onto.

4- Love the two logoman tag pieces but don't lie we all know you watch Dancing With The Stars.:p

5- Once again a tag piece that has been positioned beautifully in this card, I'm not a fan of Kobe but I want to get my hands on an auto of his also.

6- I love this card and your idea of collecting sports legends/heroes, I'd love to get my hands on anything authentic of Ali's.:D

7- 7 months of waiting must have driven you insane but worth the wait, thumbs up to the seller for holding onto it for that long also. Killer card of a Future Hall Of Famer.:kick:

I myself am a lover of cans.......if you know what I mean.:p:lol:

On a more serious note though that can is an amazing pickup, congratulations on this amazing mailday.:worthy:

1- I'm not aware of Beadle and her work but I'll have to check her out, her work I mean.:whistle::lol:

2- That is a classy looking card and an amazing auto to go with it, I want to get myself a high end J.Erving on card auto one of these days.

3- I haven't paid much attention to Pierce throughout his career but this tag piece is sweet, definitely worth hanging onto.

4- Love the two logoman tag pieces but don't lie we all know you watch Dancing With The Stars.:p

5- Once again a tag piece that has been positioned beautifully in this card, I'm not a fan of Kobe but I want to get my hands on an auto of his also.

6- I love this card and your idea of collecting sports legends/heroes, I'd love to get my hands on anything authentic of Ali's.=D>

7- 7 months of waiting must have driven you insane but worth the wait, thumbs up to the seller for holding onto it for that long also. Killer card of a Future Hall Of Famer.:kick:

I myself am a lover of cans.......if you know what I mean.:p:lol:

On a more serious note though that can is an amazing pickup, congratulations on this amazing mailday.:worthy:

... Hey that was some great comments to read, thank you Maso ! :thumbsup: ... I do not watch dancing with the stars ! :lol: ... killing my street cred !

That is one awesome mailday!

Back
Top Bottom