5000 Runs cards badly Cut??

Sacha

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Darren
Out of 17 5000 run cards 14 of them are badly cut across the bottom/top....

Will be sending them all back to select.

Anyone else notice that alot of the inserts are not cut very well at all. Even some of the Foil Sigs are not too crash hot... Only seems to be across the bottom with the occasional one across the top.. It almost as if they have started to peel.....

i noticed this a little bit on my steve waugh 5000 runs card as i was putting it into the album last night, looks like select need a new cutting machine!

I noticed my checklists and other commons were badly cut and some other cards, maybe the 5000 run cards, were badly cut.

a couple of mine where like that but my brett lee gem was bent warped curved whatever u want to call it it wasnt flat. I think i will be sending that back to select as well................

Will Select replace them ? Let me know how you go as I noticed that last night as well.

i am only a couple short of the set, so to save sending them in twice i will get the whole set and send them in.. I cant see why not, just dunno if they will have ones that are better cut!!

Most of th cards I got were pretty good, however has anyone noticed the scuff marks.

This occurs when the ink has not properly dried when put into the cutting machine.

Tha main problems were the 5000 club cards.

interested if anyone else has the same issue.

Craig

Have noticed some of these issues... So what does Select do? Print overrun of the inserts for cases like this?

I have work in the printing industry for 5 years now this happens when the guillotine blade/Knife is blunt, the person operating it should have noticed before going a head and cutting a heap of them. I don't work on the guillotine I'm a Die Cutter/Foiler/Platen operator by trade but have used the guillotine a heap of times I'v noticed when this happens that the blade needs to be changed.

i have one damgaed common that i have found as well.It is cut poorly on one edge and the bottom of the card is damgaed i will post a pic when i can find a camera. It was a John Holland Victoria card lucky i had 2 because i just went and got the other signed by him:) but i would have liked to have got the other one signed 2 while i had a chance:(

Have noticed some of these issues... So what does Select do? Print overrun of the inserts for cases like this?

Well as I'v said I have worked in the industry for 5 years now I don't know what Select do, but at the printing company I work at they probably do no more than 50 overs per job depending on the job could be more could be less some job I'v run through have had like 10 overs. So if i was to guess I don't think they would run to many.

---------- Post added 19-11-2009 at 05:25 PM ----------

Hope that helps you out, but you should get in contact with the company.

Back
Top Bottom