4 HUGE Cards For My Collection. 2 Grant Hill 1/1's. Mayo Tag 1/1. Rodman Auto 10/10.

SpriteAllNight33

Collecting Sports History
Real Name
Rob
eBay User
SpriteAllNight33
* So It's been a good 2 months since my last Mailday ... This new job has me working all the damn time. The money Is alright, even though most of It's going Into my collection so far. Some of these cards I simply can't let pass me by. I love the hobby. I love basketball. I feel that I collect for the right reasons. I now own 28 cards. 19 of which are worth money. So without further ado ... here's 4 of my recent pick ups. ... 1 other card Is taking Its' sweet time to arrive.

* I really like O.J. Mayo and the way he plays ... I think the guy has a ton of potential and will have a great career. The 23 year old has already dropped 40 points In 2009 against Denver. I'm also a big fan of that young Memphis team that he's on ... except for Rudy Gay ... Not a fan at all. But I've been looking for a nice Mayo card to hold onto. I love the look of these new cards ... It's #1/1 ... Beautiful Grizzlies logo tag. Fits In perfectly with my collection.

154322010-111outof1OJMayo.jpg

* I gotta tell you, watching the NBA Hall of Fame a couple of weeks ago was something else. I hope you all saw Dennis Rodman's speech. Truely from the heart. Gave me a TON of respect for the guy. It takes guts to tell all of those people that you never played for the money or the fame. To say you havn't been a very good son to your mother, havn't been a very good father to your children, havn't been a very good husband to your wife. But to say that you want to be a better person and knowing that the guy means well ... he's just kind of krazy. To break down and cry In front of countless legends of the game, your family, and all of those cameras. You gotta respect that he's being real and being himself. ... Hell of a basketball player too. He'll always be remembered. I watched his 34 rebounds In one game the other day on NBA TV; It was Insane. He would control games by rebounding and his defense alone. I've been on the search for a nice card of his to hold onto for awhile now ... Finally found this one that I love and just had to have. 2007-08 ... on card auto ... # 10 out of 10 made ... (Rodman was # 10 for 10 years out of the 14 seasons In the NBA). I thought the card looked real classy. It'll probably be the only Rodman card I'll ever own. Here's a great video they showed before his Hall of Fame speech ...

1302007-0810outof10DennisRodmanJrsyNmbr.jpg

* After getting this new job, these 2 Grant Hill cards were the first things I bought with my fresh money. Everyone should know by now that I'm a huge Hill fan. Always have been. Not many guys have and keep such a high level of respect for their entire career. Since coming Into the league In 1994-95 ... He's shown that you can be smart, friendly, and a good guy ... and STILL be a great basketball player. Charles Barkley said years ago that people shouldn't label him (Barkely) as a role model just because he can dunk a basketball ... which Is true ... But regardless of what you say, kids are gonna look up to these sports stars ... that's just the way It Is. I just saw Kevin Durant say on Twitter not too long ago "get kobe's balls outta your mouth" to some guy who said Kobe Is probably In the gym while your hanging out and giving Interviews ... Some kid Is gonna see Durant said that and start saying "get kobe's balls outta your mouth" ... Just makes me shake my head. Grant Hill woulda thrown a cold Sprite can at Durant's head. ... Maybe that's why Grant scored 30 points and 11 rebounds with Durant guarding him last season In OKC ... BAM. (Though I do think IF there IS a season, Durant will be MVP ... the kid can really play.) ... So anyway, I was lucky enough to get this National Treasures 2010-11 # 1/1 Logoman Tag ... Like I said, I love the look of these cards. And It's my first ever Grant Hill #1/1. So It's pretty special and I don't ever see It leaving my collection. Yesterday, Matt aka GarnettFan4Life hooked me up with showing me the same card basically but with a sticker auto version ... Thought about It for a good long while and decided I just can't do It ... I just really hate sticker auto's ... so so much. I could peel a sticker auto off a card myself and put It on there, you know ? ... So I'm very happy with this one.

485502010-111outof1.jpg

* And this last one Is just a beautiful thing. 2010-11, All Time Greats, ON CARD AUTO. #1/1 ... BAM. ... It was the FIRST #1/1 Grant Hill auto that I have ever seen. I have never owned a Grant Hill auto before. (which Is krazy ... But I was just waiting for the right one to surface). So for the first one that I own to be a #1/1 and ON THE CARD ... Can't get any better than that. It's the most expensive card that I have ever bought. But totally worth It. Especially when I just saw a Grant Hill sticker auto #1/1 sell for $700 ... Makes me feel good for spending what I did on It.

6202010-111outof1GrantHill.jpg

Alright guys. Thanks for looking and feel free to leave some comments. Sorry for all the typing ... But I always have a story behind something that I spend alotta money on. lol ... Still waiting on 1 card to arrive ... and have my eyes set on something else too. Hairy If you read this ... please sell me that damn Jordan card ! lol ... Peace out guys. :v:

Re: 4 HUGE Cards For My Collection. 2 Grant Hill 1/1's. Mayo Tag 1/1. Rodman Auto 10/

The hand numbered Hill is an absolute beauty.
Overall one helluva mailday mate.

... Thanks man, I appreciate It. You always have some real nice maildays yourself.

---------- Post added 03-09-2011 at 03:29 PM ----------

Great cards and even a better read, love your passion for your cards.....

- I appreciate that man. Thank you.

Re: 4 HUGE Cards For My Collection. 2 Grant Hill 1/1's. Mayo Tag 1/1. Rodman Auto 10/

four amazing cards right there, I hate sticker auto's myself and I'm glad that Ewing has none.

All four cards are just as good as each other for one reason or another, they each have something unique about them.

Thanks for sharing.:D:worthy:

four amazing cards right there, I hate sticker auto's myself and I'm glad that Ewing has none.

All four cards are just as good as each other for one reason or another, they each have something unique about them.

Thanks for sharing.=D>:worthy:

- Thanks for the comments Maso. You're lucky that Ewing hasn't signed any sticker auto's. I just don't think their worth spending money on. Takes away from what I love about these sports cards. I see the Hill card that I was trying to get from you Is now your avatar ... which probably means It's harder to get away from you now ? lol ... damn.

I didn't put it up there on purpose either, I was going to remove it before responding to your post because I know you want it and I didn't want it to look like I was rubbing salt into the wound. It's going to be really hard for me to let go of it but it is limited to #/10 and I believe one will pop up before you know it.

I have to agree with you when you say it takes away what you love about the cards, I feel the same way and the quality is always poor.

I didn't put it up there on purpose either, I was going to remove it before responding to your post because I know you want it and I didn't want it to look like I was rubbing salt into the wound. It's going to be really hard for me to let go of it but it is limited to #/10 and I believe one will pop up before you know it.

I have to agree with you when you say it takes away what you love about the cards, I feel the same way and the quality is always poor.

- Man It's all good ... I'm not gonna start crying or anything. I was just like "ahhhh sh*t, probably don't have a chance at It now!" lol ... Hey I'm just saying, It would be a hell of a Hill card for my collection. I just don't see anyone else appreciating It more so than I would / do. I only love It because of the Hill tag. "Magic" ... That's just a beautiful tag for Grant Hill. The other ones I've seen don't do anything for me. I'm a little short on funds right now anyway ... But maybe I'll throw an offer at you once I get some more cash. (even If you say no, It's just an offer). ... So no hard feelings or anything. ... But yeah those sticker auto's are just terrible man. Tacky. Cheap. ... People spend $400+ on Blake Griffin sticker auto's with the cards out of 400 made and expect the value to stay. I really do not think the value will stay with sticker auto's. They just peel It off the page and put It on the card ... Totally kills It for me. And yeah some are sloppy and not fully on the sticker. But that's just the company making an easy buck. So obviously they'll keep doing It. I just don't see myself ever buying one.

Congratz on 1of 1 Grant Hill Auto pick up! Nice Mayo bear claw 1/1 as well:worthy:

Love checking out your maildays Rob, gives me something interesting to read!!
Understand your decision on the 1/1 sticker auto, totally, and that 1/1 there in the Duke uni is wow, epic! :worthy:
Only thing I wish they did with the NT Tags is cut the window a different shape and put the whole tag in there!!! :mad:
I'm not a Mayo fan but sick tag and i've seen that Rodman video highlight package there but not the speech yet, you made me wanna go watch it!
High quality stuff again mate thanks for showing!
:wave:

Hey thanks Matt ... Here's the video for you guys to watch If you'd like ...

---------- Post added 03-09-2011 at 06:10 PM ----------

Love checking out your maildays Rob, gives me something interesting to read!!
Understand your decision on the 1/1 sticker auto, totally, and that 1/1 there in the Duke uni is wow, epic! :worthy:
Only thing I wish they did with the NT Tags is cut the window a different shape and put the whole tag in there!!! :mad:
I'm not a Mayo fan but sick tag and i've seen that Rodman video highlight package there but not the speech yet, you made me wanna go watch it!
High quality stuff again mate thanks for showing!
:wave:

- But hey I appreciate the words Matt ... For my small collection, there's always a story behind the purchase. I don't put just ANY card Into my collection. I like telling the story with the card ... and I'm just someone who can talk about the NBA or my cards for a long long time. lol ... I like to share what I believe Is the significance of each. ... Took ALOT for me to turn down that Hill sticker auto card that's like mine ... But man, the ONLY difference between the two Is that damn sticker auto that they peeled off a sheet of however many and stuck It on the card. Just kills It for me. I still appreciate you showing me the card though, If It wasn't a sticker auto, then I woulda spent ALOTTTT of money. lol ... And hey I agree with you, woulda been awesome If they made the window bigger for the full tag ... BUT ... man I'm not made of money ! lol ... So lets pump the brakes on that ! ... Thanks again though, I appreciate It. This site has been nothing but good times for me. ... Hey wait till my next mailday Matt ... a week or so ... It's gonna be a beautiful thing !

fricken boom! 2 1/1s that are simply epic!!! great stuff mate

---------- Post added 03-09-2011 at 06:13 PM ----------

- Thanks for the comments Maso. You're lucky that Ewing hasn't signed any sticker auto's. I just don't think their worth spending money on. Takes away from what I love about these sports cards. I see the Hill card that I was trying to get from you Is now your avatar ... which probably means It's harder to get away from you now ? lol ... damn.

have you asked hairy if his quad is still around or did you take that one maso?

fricken boom! 2 1/1s that are simply epic!!! great stuff mate

---------- Post added 03-09-2011 at 06:13 PM ----------

have you asked hairy if his quad is still around or did you take that one maso?

- Thanks Slobby ... Mr. Exotic Cardboard Purveyor. Apparently you don't hearts It ? lol ... I appreciate It man. Gotta have respect for a Scottie Pippen collector. ... I talked to Hairy about his awhile ago ... Maso's Is the one I'd do terrible things for though. I just love that "Magic" tag ... Me being a true Grant Hill fan, that Tag just has a huge story behind It. Something I could type way too much about. lol ... Thanks for the heads up on Hairys anyway Slobby.

- Thanks Slobby ... Mr. Exotic Cardboard Purveyor. Apparently you don't hearts It ? lol ... I appreciate It man. Gotta have respect for a Scottie Pippen collector. ... I talked to Hairy about his awhile ago ... Maso's Is the one I'd do terrible things for though. I just love that "Magic" tag ... Me being a true Grant Hill fan, that Tag just has a huge story behind It. Something I could type way too much about. lol ... Thanks for the heads up on Hairys anyway Slobby.

no no i definitely :hearts: it some sick mayos popping up on here recently, heaps of 1/1s..didnt know his stuff was so spread out by so many collectors...and its cheap too for such epic cards!

Sick additions buddy. Love the pics on the Rodman auto and the patches on the hill and the mayo.

amazing pickups bro. i was watching that grant hill on ebay

nice rodman. Love Chronology.

I could trade you my one for it if you're not terribly worried about the patches, and then I could help Rob get over his unhealthy obsession...

Nice pickups too mate, the Mayo claw is very cool

Back
Top Bottom