OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
Well....

Had a bit of a look at the settings, the 2K Beats, the Rosters, and their features, and had a Quick Game.

Settings, nothing's new here, still the same stuff.

2K Beats, some cool tunes, not all Hip-Hop style.

Rosters... now this gets interesting.

You can trade/assign to another team (and FA), you can adjust the rosters, you can even adjust the rotations to which that team will play their players (including setting minutes for each player!!!!).

First Game:
Played with Mavs @ home VS Boston. (Bring on KG & Co.)
5 min quarters, default settings (default all the way really).

Ended up losing by 7 at the end.
12-10 after 1
22-22 at Half
40-40 at 3rd
58-51 full time

Half Time "show" if you call it a show, they give a recap of each main performer for each side, and list the top 4-5 players of each side (stats included).

Graphics... FREAKIN AWESOME!!! :worthy:
Simply put. :lol:

Game Play.... WOW.. :blink:
You can do all the same old stuff, coaching on the fly (calling plays, and subs, etc), you can now also find a player, and get him to do a small list of tasks, Get Open, Post Up, Set Screen, and something else I've forgotten.

It's fantastic to watch your big man post up, and do a nice hook shot.

One thing I missed, in order to Dunk, you need to use the Shot-Stick. That was hard to get used to at first.

It's also hard to block shots, and hard to steal. Which makes it more realistic IMO.

The actual emotions, reactions, and movements the players, coaches, and the commentary is amazing!
I pulled off a And-1 with Dirk, and next thing you see, him and Diop are bumping chests, the commentary has gone nuts, and then Dirks giving the croud some emotional pumps (pointing to them, roaring them up, etc).

Ray Allen hit a nice open jumper (nothing special) but as he was returning up the court, he gives Rondo 5 for the good pass. Stuff like this, make it damn sweet!!

Reading the book (very thin one at that), there's some cool features that include:
NBA Blacktop
Which is like the All-Star Weekend, where you have Dunk Comps, Pickup Games, 3-Point Comps, 21 & Dunk Schools.

Then, there's more:

Association Mode (longer than 1 season, full control of coaching staff, players, everything!).

Rookie Challenge (self explanatory - Rooks V Sophs).

Situation (another carry-on from 2K7 where you play a game based on a certain situation - down 5 with 10 seconds to go, shit like that, pretty cool).

You can eve play a series of Dunk Comps, which unlocks more dunks, more features, and other stuff.

Another cool feature, when playing Association, and with FAs you deal with them in Real-Time with other teams. Signing new players, you deal with Contracts, Player Options, Team Options, No-Trade Clauses (see Kobe), and other stuff.

You mould your players into starters, go-to guys, bench warmers, and 6th men coming off the bench.

I've blabbed a heap, and no doubt will have more after a few more games.

I'm gonna have to get my Rosters set now, and get into an Association!!!

Cheers!! :thumbsup:

Beaten by the Celtics down the stretch. Get used to it Scotty :lol:

Sounds like they've added quite a bit to gameplay. I still think Live will be better than 2k8, but I'm an EA man myself.

Played a little more last night. Decided that the new "Auto Save" function is SHIT. Turn that sucka off straight away!

Anyways, got the Rosters up as close as I can, still STACKS of players on the FA list, but according to ESPN & NBA .com websites, they're not signed yet.

Decided to start an Association, but damn, played 5 min quarters on the All-Star setting, all default sliders, and rules.

First game was against the Cavs. Got flogged! I seem to need to go back to playing on an easier setting. Not good.

After that, I tried the Dunk Comps... WOW, looks fantastic, but far out it's hard to get the hang of. I used the practice part, got off a couple (about 3-4) so went to a Comp, and couldnt down one of them.

Ya gotta flick the right stick in a direction for take off, flick again for in-air routine, then press the right trigger to nail it (all at the right times) and different alternatives will do different things.

Will restart the season tonight, on an easier setting, I'd prefer to keep games close, and not have floggings all the time (both ways).

Hey, has anyone got this yet?

I'm stuck with something...

In Association mode, I can't seem to save my coaching settings, they keep resetting to Automatic (Subs/Timeouts), this rule shits me so much.

Anyone got around this???

yer i do scoty. It defiantly is the best basketball game i've played in years. The gameplay is smooth as and im loving the association atm with my Boston Celtics. It's alot harder than previous releases though i found, i could easily win games on all-star befour and be more thean competitive on superstar but now i even struggle on All Star.
Im just playing with the Celts atm and trying my hardest to get Ricky a spot on the bench without giving up fuk all but The C's Team salary cap is making that near impossible to do, but i havent given up yet hahah

also been trying to get alot of these achievements, like the player ones and rivalries and some of them are hard to do. Only ones i've got so far is Kobe and Melo :lol:

yer i do scoty. It defiantly is the best basketball game i've played in years. The gameplay is smooth as and im loving the association atm with my Boston Celtics. It's alot harder than previous releases though i found, i could easily win games on all-star befour and be more thean competitive on superstar but now i even struggle on All Star.
Im just playing with the Celts atm and trying my hardest to get Ricky a spot on the bench without giving up fuk all but The C's Team salary cap is making that near impossible to do, but i havent given up yet hahah

also been trying to get alot of these achievements, like the player ones and rivalries and some of them are hard to do. Only ones i've got so far is Kobe and Melo :lol:

So, how do you save the coaching settings??? ;)

lol havent even looked at that yet haha
theirs quite alot of features in the Association, still exploring it all :p

my guess it's just autosave though. After i change a setting or sanything it autosaves it. :D

shit thing in 2k8

- cant modify gameplay sliders until your in the game (that ive noticed so far , correct me if im wrong)

- running with a player seems slower than normal (turbo button)

- auto subs/time out settings can be changed during game play per game, but wont take affect (its like the settings reset back to default.. cant really be saved.. that ive seen)

great game otherwise

nba live, wow that kicks ass too.. not on ps2 its terrible on that, but ps3/xbox 360 fantastic.. hard to pick which one to stay faithful to.

its like having a wife you've had for years, and a hot blonde that wants you, and shes very busty and luptuous comes into the fray and wants you badly..

what to do?? you at leat think twice.. thats exactly how it is, no exaggeration either..

shit thing in 2k8

- cant modify gameplay sliders until your in the game (that ive noticed so far , correct me if im wrong)

- running with a player seems slower than normal (turbo button)

- auto subs/time out settings can be changed during game play per game, but wont take affect (its like the settings reset back to default.. cant really be saved.. that ive seen)

great game otherwise

nba live, wow that kicks ass too.. not on ps2 its terrible on that, but ps3/xbox 360 fantastic.. hard to pick which one to stay faithful to.

its like having a wife you've had for years, and a hot blonde that wants you, and shes very busty and luptuous comes into the fray and wants you badly..

what to do?? you at leat think twice.. thats exactly how it is, no exaggeration either..

Can I trade my 2K8 game for this???

Thanks Craig, I'll go and have another crack at it, see if they can be changed anywhere.

Oh yeah, pretty sure you can save the sliders from the main menus, before you start an association?

Can def. save the sliders from the main menu. But from what I can (or can't see), you can't save the coaching settings (auto subs, and auto timeouts).

Side note, I'm now 11-1 in my association. Have had to move to Superstar settings, was getting too easy.

Just beat Pacers by 10.

got it tried the dunk contest and its way better than live08. how freakin hard is it to make a dunk. geeez

havent played a proper game yet but i'm comming for you scottie :)

Got my copy through the week of 2k8!

Wow, its awesome, 2k7 was sweet and 2k8 is slightly even sweeter. Loving the music also!

Played my first game and got up :)

Playing association, 9 min Q's.

Played Bogut's Bucks and got up by 7, 101-108!
Lewis had 22,5 and 4.
Dwighty had 13 & 13
Hedo had 20 from the bench (started with JJ who had 19!)

Redd played well for them he had 24,9 & 8!
Bogey only managed 5pts, 10 boards and 2 blocks!

Im hooked :)

Back
Top Bottom