23 of the Most Amazing Michael Jordan Cards Ever Made

I don't chase after nor follow MJs, so you'll have to excuse me when we're talking his "best cards", but I don't consider a $10k expensive exquisite to be his BEST card, just because it's expensive like that. There's probably more MJs in this day in age, than there were Refractors, inserts, rookies, etc, back in the day! That, am I'm just not THAT big of a fan of Exquisite, and would much rather cards from back in the day.

Now, don't get me wrong, I have a few Exquisite's of my own in my Harris PC, and I DO appreciate them, and think they're cool, etc, but if I had a Charles Barkley 84-85 Star XRC, that card would see FAR more appreciation from me, than all of my Harris' and it's only a $170-$200 card ($150BV for those interested). Where as some of my Harris Exquisites were selling above that when they came out and he was "popular" (I quote that, cos he's not so much of a fan favourite these days), and they're no where near that figure now.

It's funny, because when the (now) old school cards were the hits, people were reproducing cards by reprinting them (still do), whereas now, they're pulling the pieces of memorabilia outta them, and replacing them with fake patches, etc.

Now I know this is a bit OT, but I like to reference cars to almost anything, especially at work, etc, but this is like comparing a brand new Ford Falcon to a '66 Mustang or something. Classics will forever rule the roost for me!

I don't chase after nor follow MJs, so you'll have to excuse me when we're talking his "best cards", but I don't consider a $10k expensive exquisite to be his BEST card, just because it's expensive like that. There's probably more MJs in this day in age, than there were Refractors, inserts, rookies, etc, back in the day! That, am I'm just not THAT big of a fan of Exquisite, and would much rather cards from back in the day.

Now, don't get me wrong, I have a few Exquisite's of my own in my Harris PC, and I DO appreciate them, and think they're cool, etc, but if I had a Charles Barkley 84-85 Star XRC, that card would see FAR more appreciation from me, than all of my Harris' and it's only a $170-$200 card ($150BV for those interested). Where as some of my Harris Exquisites were selling above that when they came out and he was "popular" (I quote that, cos he's not so much of a fan favourite these days), and they're no where near that figure now.

It's funny, because when the (now) old school cards were the hits, people were reproducing cards by reprinting them (still do), whereas now, they're pulling the pieces of memorabilia outta them, and replacing them with fake patches, etc.

Now I know this is a bit OT, but I like to reference cars to almost anything, especially at work, etc, but this is like comparing a brand new Ford Falcon to a '66 Mustang or something. Classics will forever rule the roost for me!

Apples and oranges :oops: I think :(

This made me LOL!!!! Not sure if you're kidding around or serious, but just made me laugh......
I'm serious, why would it make you laugh? Because they are blatantly shilled on ebay?
It doesn't matter to me, I don't own one, or plan on owning one in the near future, unless I win the lotto :whistle: .
But I still think it is one of his best inserts of all time.

This made me LOL!!!! Not sure if you're kidding around or serious, but just made me laugh......

You honestly think the 1997-98 Finest Gold Embossed Refractor Jordan card is $300? That's extremely far fetched. I know you hate 90's Jordan cards with a passion but that's just ludicrous. The NORMAL Gold Refractor MJ sells for $600-$700, let alone the GOLD EMBOSSED REFRACTOR MJ #'d to /74. This card is the FIRST EVER Serial #'d Refractor in the history of Basketball cards that started it all. Produced DURING the legendary playing days of MJ as a Bulls. They were from a Premium Finest set back in 1997 where packs cost $15-$20 each. A premium pack indeed when most packs were $3-$5 dollars. And with odds like 1:1152, it took approximately 46,080 packs to even have a chance at pulling a Jordan. Remember, back 7+ years ago when 1997-98 Metal PMG Red Jordans were selling for $500, the Gold Embossed Refractor Jordan was still trading hands for $5k. Much like karista26's opinion, it is generally conceived by most High End Jordan collectors that this card is undoubtedly one of the Top 10 Jordan cards of All Time. There's a reason why these cards have been selling for $10k-$18.5k now. Supply and Demand rules everything in the market. It also helps that these cards look AMAZING in person.

Yeah, some people will like the Exquisites more, some like the old-school Star/Fleer issues more. Nevertheless, it was a little disappointing that it didn't mention what many consider the holy-grail of modern basketball cards, the 97-98 UD Game Jerseys Auto #'d /23. I know they put up the regular jersey version, but how you can leave off a 5-figure card that would be considered to be a crown jewel in anyone's collection is disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom