23 of the Most Amazing Michael Jordan Cards Ever Made

I feel like I could take out 2 or 3 cards from that list and replace them with much nicer cards.

The list is not right.... nice read, but it's really not a good list at all. Also, since when are ebay "sales" actual market prices for cards? Especially when it comes to Jordan card.......... smh $500 for a base Exquisite card? In the shillers dreams!! They can make all these types of lists and articles they want, but most people out there know by now the truth of ebay and the shillers. Just a few people stocking up on Jordan cards and hypping them up and then reporting "record prices"... that's all it is. Find me one legit buyer who's NOT stupid to pay $500 for a Jordan Exquisite/225. Please find me this ONE person. Shillers and bid retractors, price records....... don't count.

Anyway, nice pictures to look at, but that's about it. Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed looking and reading.

Lists like this are always subjective and down to the authors opinion. No one would ever be able to agree on 23 cards but dont miss the premise of the article:thumbsup:.

"This is by no means a definitive list of the best Michael Jordan cards. There are too many of them. Elite Michael Jordan cards are like pieces of art done by the masters. Here are 23 Michael Jordan cards worth gawking at and dreaming of."

lol... let's not go over board now with the "dreaming of" hahaha

That's true though, doesn't matter who the player is.... you're always going to have different opinions. Heck, you might have people who don't like this entire list because they could care less for every card on that list. It's all about taste in this bobby, and we all have different, so no list is correct.

As far as the "record sales" though, we know about the ebay "sales".................. i'm surprised that these people making these lists still think people are brain dead. That just blinds the new comers to this hobby. But I guess it's not long before those new guys read up all the info that's out there. In my opinion, anybody can make these lists and say whatever they want, but once you have a company like Beckett spreading the BS of ebay sales, then that's a probable, and they shouldn't even be taken seriously anymore. I surely don't buy their magazines anymore and don't get my cards graded by them. I use to spend $100!!! If not more, on mags and grading, but never again. They're not stupid, they know exactly what's going on with these fakes prices, but they don't care/ As long as they can sell magazines and get people to send in some Jordan base and inserts... then it's all good. Because EVERYTHING Jordan these days must be hot with all these bogus prices smh

Am i missing something?

The article does not make mention of Beckett or values of the cards and the only mention of ebay is what the 2003-04 Exquisite sold for on a particular date.

Am i missing something?

The article does not make mention of Beckett or values of the cards and the only mention of ebay is what the 2003-04 Exquisite sold for on a particular date.

No, you're not missing anything, I went off to beckett to explain how it's ok for these articles to mention prices like that, but when Beckett does it................. which they do. Got a little side tracked.

Anyway, beckett is probably the reason why that article says that though. Maybe it was in a beckett mag? If not, then they're taking the bogus sales off on ebay. Either way, these prices have gotten out of hand by shillers and the scum of this hobby. Am I wrong with that?

Either way, these prices have gotten out of hand by shillers and the scum of this hobby. Am I wrong with that?

Nah spot on.

This article is written by one of the writers from Cardboard Connection though - they are pretty anti Beckett though.

The list is not right.... nice read, but it's really not a good list at all. Also, since when are ebay "sales" actual market prices for cards? Especially when it comes to Jordan card.......... smh $500 for a base Exquisite card? In the shillers dreams!! They can make all these types of lists and articles they want, but most people out there know by now the truth of ebay and the shillers. Just a few people stocking up on Jordan cards and hypping them up and then reporting "record prices"... that's all it is. Find me one legit buyer who's NOT stupid to pay $500 for a Jordan Exquisite/225. Please find me this ONE person. Shillers and bid retractors, price records....... don't count.

Anyway, nice pictures to look at, but that's about it. Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed looking and reading.

come again? no offense guy but have you been living under a rock for the past few years? ebay IS the market thus if a card sells for x amount then that is the market price. ever since ud lost their license and panini took over exquisite of any player honestly has skyrocketed.. even iverson 90s cards today sell for almost triple compared to a few years ago like in 2008. i know a guy who just sold his Iverson gold grand finale #/50 for a cool 1200 us dollars. if you are buying then you are going to have to pay market price however when you choose to sell you can for the same if not higher price later so in the end it goes hand in hand. i think some shilling does occur but that is in any market not just 90s sports cards. i have seen many different ebay seller names from different provinces and countries sell the same card example Jambalaya 97-98 jordan and get similar prices compared to other listings i doubt shilling because different buyers are buying and your talking about 90s players like jordan kobe iverson that people want to collect more of. shilling is usually an anomaly like 10 of the same card sells for 5 us dollars each and one auction for same card sells for 75 dollars in the case of the jordan jambalaya the price they are pulling today are consistent which doesn't make sense to claim massive shilling cheers

But what makes an Exquisite so cool? The fact that they're an over-priced new-age money machine....

Give me an 84 Star, or the 93-94 Scoring King, any day!

But what makes an Exquisite so cool? The fact that they're an over-priced new-age money machine....

No doubt, I totally agree there's classic Jordans that we all know and love and deserve to be there. But, you think Exquisite is overpriced? How about people paying $10,000 for a refractor /74. Jordan cards in general are over-priced. Not just Exquisite.

To me the retro rookie Exquisite Jordan should be in there, along with the 08/09 Enshrinements, 03/04 Numbers. For starters, they are the best patches of Jordan ever. That should see some more Exquisite in there. Exquisite has amazing designs mostly.

Upper Deck did'nt set the price of Exquisites. In one of those Jordan lists it has the 03/04 Limited Logo at $2400.

The buyers set the price which is at crazy numbers now, justt he same as those classics like the Jambalaya and PMG's.

What makes those cards so cool? I'd rather a Exquisite Limited Logos over those any day of the week.

Back
Top Bottom