2022 World Cup Cards

Wattsup

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dave
The World Cup is not far away now, which means Panini are surely cranking the printing presses as we speak!

So far we've had the Road to the World Cup Sticker set, and the just released Adrenalyn XL, both featuring Australian players.

Prizm will likely be the main product, and expect upwards of 20 parallels of each card I guess.

Will they also release higher end premium World Cup sets? Likely given the success of soccer cards over the last few years,
and the explosion of price of the earlier Prizm WC releaseas.

Whats everyone else looking forward to product wise from the World Cup?

Steve H

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Steve
I'm Hanging for the new 2022 WC Prizm's to come out.
We wont see the lower prices like previous world cups unfortunately
Wonder how much a case will cost?

Last edited:

ozsportscardcollector

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
Firstly, sorry for the whinge.

It feels like the soccer hobby is a mirage as far as popularity goes. Supposedly a sleeping giant. Me thinks not. I have a had a Vinicius Optic Rated rookie up for 6 weeks and not 1 view. Not even one. I don't think that has ever happened before with any other trading card I've listed. In fact all four of my soccer listings have not had 1 view in 6 weeks. That's convinces me that whilst it is the world's most popular sport, hobby wise it's below every other sport including AFL, NRL. wrestling Formula 1, nascar.

And 2 years ago people were saying how massive it was going to be. It's a fizzer.

P.S. I like the sport and have put together the 2018-19 Donruss Optic set. However, I will not be speculating on soccer cards ever again.

Whinge done.

ozsportscardcollector

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
Panini and Topps are saturating( ruining) the soccer market this year. Soccer does not need more products.

There is going to be a massive oversupply of soccer products because the demand is not there imo. Making both a paper and chrome Topps CL was a bad move and having Mosaic is just crazy when Prizm is probably more than enough to fill demand. You could argue that variety is great for pure soccer collectors but these products are not priced accordingly. They are very expensive relative to what comes out of them.

BoondasH1

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Raj
Panini and Topps are saturating( ruining) the soccer market this year. Soccer does not need more products.

There is going to be a massive oversupply of soccer products because the demand is not there imo. Making both a paper and chrome Topps CL was a bad move and having Mosaic is just crazy when Prizm is probably more than enough to fill demand. You could argue that variety is great for pure soccer collectors but these products are not priced accordingly. They are very expensive relative to what comes out of them.

I totally agree, it's like there's a new release every fortnight with these two Companie$.

Mind you, there are still cards going for big $$$, overall it's slowing down due to the economic climate too.

BoondasH1

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Raj
Well it just got even more crazier:
FB_IMG_1659311305251.jpg

Top Bottom